The squad to face Bournemouth now

I predict it will look like this:

Ruddy;

Wisdom, Martin, Bassong, Olsson;

Dorrans, Tettey;

Redmond, Howson, Brady;

Mbokani.

Subs:

Rudd, Jerome, Hooper, Hoolahan, R.Bennett, Jarvis, O''neill.

Despite our transfer ''failings'' its not the worst match day 18 by a long stretch, and with mulumbu still to come back we could be looking a lot worse and I for 1 am still quietly confident for the season ahead.

OTBC

you look at that team and ask which of our players would get into any midtable PL team..answer about 2 maybe...that about sums it up right there.

as individuals other mid table teams may have stronger options but as a unit I believe were still strong enough. Most other teams have in my eyes bought to many players which can upset the balance in the team and take 6 months plus to bed in. Ie spurs with bale, Liverpool with Suarez. I recon we''ve made about the right amount of signings to keep the balance although of course id of prefered a higher calibre but I still recon were okay

i know we''d all like to think we will be ok, but in reality we wont be, our defence would struggle to get into a championship side let alone PL

2 of our back four are prem quality, as is our keeper.

the team spirit might keep us up, and the influence and go for it attitude of the manager.

its clear our strategy is to hang on in there, rebuild and stabilise next summer. its a massive gamble

Yes our right side of defence is a problem but who could we realistically of got in to improve them, the players we were linked with were out of our league and the players we could of bought in like Collins or Davies wouldn''t of improved our defence enough to make the finance worth it. Sort of caught in a catch 22.

Ruddy

Wisdom  Martin  Bassong  Olsson

Tettey

Redmond  Dorrans Hoolahan   Brady

CJ

Subs

Rudd Mbokani, Grabban, RBennett, O''Neil, Howson,  Jarvis

Exactly what Zipper said, except I''d probably expect Dorrans to sit a little deeper alongside Tettey rather than up alongside Wes. Dorrans has a good range of passing that''s better utilised from slightly deeper, IMO.

I don''t see AN using Brady, Redmond and Wes together in the midfield as he seems to like 3 big bodies in there and I think that it may be vital to our season to. I see Wes dropping out and having howson or dorrans in the hole and having wes on bench to bring on for Brady if the situation calls. Would also make sense as we have sadly got to start to move on from the wee wizard as a guaranteed starter.

Steelsilver, it sounds like you need a new team to "support": what were you expecting? We were never going to buy more than 6-7 players, that was the an all along, but it sounds like you wanted every player gone.

That squad shows that all is not doom and gloom - it is effectively the same we had for the game at Sunderland, and that deserved to beat Stoke. Nothing bad happened in the interim, we still have a decent squad of players who deserve their chance.

After Wisdom''s unimpressive debut, I wonder if AN will consider moving Russell Martin to right back and playing Ryan Bennett in the middle intead.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]After Wisdom''s unimpressive debut, I wonder if AN will consider moving Russell Martin to right back and playing Ryan Bennett in the middle intead.[/quote]

^This^

Would maybe consider having Elliot Bennett on the bench, very versatile, can do a similar job on right side as Brady has on the left if needed, it gives AN the opportunity to shift Martin if Ryan Bennett has a ''mare'' or picks up his mandatory injury!! He can play further forward if we are chasing the game

I think Norman Wisdom will start - luckily he won''t be up against Gradel. Probaly both the Bennetts, Howson and Mbokani on the bench. Be interesting to see if Grabbers figures. If we have to chase the game with 2 up top, I can''t see Jerome and Mbokani playing together.

depending on fitness id go with              ruddymartin bennett bassong olsson                tettey           dorrans howson redmond                brady               jeromei dont really believe wisdom or jarvis were any improvement on anything we already had, mbokani will be interesting but i would have rather seen the club take a risk on austin or rhodesim still baffled by we didnt sign a proven cb and rb, i could have lived with grabban/hooper/jerome/wolf but we really needed new defenders, and weve got ONE premier league quality defender, bassong isnt, if he was they would have been queuing up for him last season when neil adams tried to get rid, instead he wound up at watford on loan. i think we will win, after that the ish hits the fan

[quote user="iron_stan"]depending on fitness id go with              ruddymartin bennett bassong olsson                tettey           dorrans howson redmond                brady               jeromei dont really believe wisdom or jarvis were any improvement on anything we already had, mbokani will be interesting but i would have rather seen the club take a risk on austin or rhodesim still baffled by we didnt sign a proven cb and rb, i could have lived with grabban/hooper/jerome/wolf but we really needed new defenders, and weve got ONE premier league quality defender, bassong isnt, if he was they would have been queuing up for him last season when neil adams tried to get rid, instead he wound up at watford on loan. i think we will win, after that the ish hits the fan[/quote]Who is the PL defender please don''t say Martin