Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

120 Million reasons why board must resign ---

I think a majority of us (I could be wrong I think I''m not) would say that not strengthening the defence is silly, leaving two unmotivated strikers as part of the 4 we go with (one suspended & one being touted to all & sundry) is very silly and not spending a small percentage of our money to give ourselves a better chance of staying up is extremely silly. Matt Jarvis was a great player 4 years ago but is surplus to West Ham and our POTY who clearly loved being here, being sold is..... a bit daft.

I will continue to support the team as I have done since 1972 but our transfer policy & dealings look very haphazard and frankly we don''t seem to have learnt a thing.

Cue abuse & name calling. Remember "IMO"

i think a lot of this comes down to- if we bid 6million then a club say no and we bid 10million... then in january we have to bid 11million for players etc etc.. the club dont want another RVW and so show restraint when splashing the cash..

that said, not sure why johnson left maybe he was told he will have to rotate with the other midfield players.

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]i think a lot of this comes down to- if we bid 6million then a club say no and we bid 10million... then in january we have to bid 11million for players etc etc.. the club dont want another RVW and so show restraint when splashing the cash..

that said, not sure why johnson left maybe he was told he will have to rotate with the other midfield players.[/quote]It seems pretty obvious to me that Johnson was told he wouldn''t be a guaranteed starter this season, and left to go somewhere where he would be.I doubt very much that we shipped him out against his will.

I don''t know the ins and outs of our financial situation but

A) I''m not stupid enough to think that anyone''s poocketing it or stealing it.

B) we cannot compete for the players we want, for whatever reason. Be it personnel, cash or a bit of both.

But it is just sad we cannot get players here.

and you have to ask if it''s our wage structure or our unwillingness to pay the going rate for a premiership player. Whether you are happy or not with the dealings, its pretty obvious that we are not even in the same league as Bournemouth when it comes to transfer dealings.

If everyone else strengthens and spends to do it and you don''t, I think you have more chance of never being a premiership club for years to come....

Just don''t get the board strategy and no I''m not calling for a Pompey type scenario.

I honestly worry that if some on here or on FB had control of our transfers we would end up in a Portsmouth or QPR situation.... Throwing money at a player only works if you have huge financial backing to cover the gamble. We played the game and it didn''t come off, in fact I''d say if Johnson had stayed we wouldn''t have half the rubbish being spouted about the transfer window that we''ve had.

Let''s have a look around our peers and seriously look at who they brought in that made us go Wow.... Murray anyone? That one went down like a lead ballon a few weeks ago. How about Watford, they seem to have hit the ground running with their 15 players from the European leagues...

Money talks in this league and we only have to look at the struggles even Man U and Chelsea have had to understand that we can try and go for the better players and miss out or settle for filling our bench with average players.

Brady is a starter, mulumbu is a starter, Mbokani will probably be a starter, Wisdom I''d imagine is going to push Whitaker now he has his chance, even Jarvis will be pushing in this squad for a start... I''d also fancy VOO to come back after a couple of games for the millers and push in for a start. We have had an ok window I think.

Hey steelsilver, who are these teams two divisions below us that you were on about, that spent more money than we did?

I assume you didn''t just make this claim off the cuff?

a1canary wrote the following post at 2015-09-02 3:26 PM:

We will do more business, in the next window and through the loan system after the window closes.

How will we do business through the loan system - it does not apply to the premiership - we have our two loanees - yes we can loan players OUT, or sign FREE AGENTS IN, but WE CANNOT use the loan system to bring players in at all.

A pretty ridiculous subject header for a topic. Here we go again back to the famous 7-1 defeat in League 1. Since that time of  despair the Board have done an amazing job of turning around the health of the football club, all the more so considering nearly every other Prem club and many outside  it even have richer backers than us. Thats not to devalue the times when Delia herself has put in her finances to keep the club alive, in fact the opposite.In the last few weeks City have showed that they do have the money to buy players and were prepared to, such as bidding 10 mill for Afobe and 11 mill for Koulibaly, if the rumours are true maybe 15 mill for Nkoulou. So to me is not about money issue, i just think they simply left it way to late to get in there and add players...especially the defence. Liverpool did the right thing, they signed who they wanted  long before the circus of the last week or two of transfer period  came along. Its a lesson City must learn, i fear it will cost us  at the end of this season.Even so, over the seasons this board has worked wonders getting City on a solid financial footing, any talk of a board resigning is total nonsense.

Well said a1. Some NCFC fans need to get a grip. Transfers are not like buying sweeties off a shelf. They need a player that wants to come here, and a club that''s willing to sell. I expect either or both were factors in some of our targets not coming to Carrow Road. And possibly the fact that we''re a newly promoted side with a young and relatively inexperienced manager may have played a part too. It wasn''t so long ago that many supporters were questioning Johnson''s abilities. He did great for us in the Champs but he was well down the pecking order after AN brought in midfield reinforcements. So a good deal for the club, and great respect to Johnson for not wanting to be a bench warmer. I''m confident we''ll stay up but it doesn''t help when our supporters just criticise and see conspiracy theories everywhere. Perhaps you would rather change places with QPR or Ipswich supporters.

Sorry I just don''t agree (but hey that''s the beauty of football). If all of your competitors are spending to get strong, I believe you have to match them to at least stand a decent chance of staying up.

As for Glenn Murray he has a better record of scoring in this league that all of our strikers so I would have been happy with that signing. Also feel Lee Tomlin (Middlesbrough), Max Gradel (St Etienne), Sylvain Distin (Everton), Artur Boruc (Southampton), Christian Atsu (Chelsea, Loan), Filippo Costa (Chievo, Loan) make their league winning squad better equipped to cope with injuries.

Sorry but as Talk Sport and may pundits have said, we had an appalling transfer window.

Hope I''m wrong..

Plus players come to a club if you pay their wages. Anyone would think Norwich is in the outer mongolia....

I suspect most clubs ask an agent if their client would move and for how much, they''d then ask the club if they would sell & what price & then they''d negotiate a fee.

We just seemed to make silly bids that were then publicly dismissed.

Also getting a bit tired of the "if you are not happy" brigade thinking they are the only "real" supporters. You are not.

also... how often do teams spunk all their cash then still get relegated then have huge debts.. like qpr buying 4000 players...

its about being sensible, just like i am on football manager

Hey Steelsilver, just who are these league one clubs that spent more than we did, I am dying to know.

..he''s got form with this sort of thing Morty. Here''s a link to a classic thread - he loves to exaggerate and go overboard, interestingly by page 4 he''s offering a million to one (million in the title).....it''s brilliant

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/1253277/ShowPost.aspx#1253277

[quote user="Scottlarock"]..he''s got form with this sort of thing Morty. Here''s a link to a classic thread - he loves to exaggerate and go overboard, interestingly by page 4 he''s offering a million to one (million in the title).....it''s brilliant

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/1253277/ShowPost.aspx#1253277[/quote][:D]