Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

120 Million reasons why board must resign ---

I understand that we dont yet have all the 120 million, but i feel the bids we made were made knowing they would be rejected...just to keep the fans believing that City were trying their best to sign players, when in reality it was just to keep us happy. Take a look at the bids..most were almosts..just a million or 2 short...which we could easily have covered. Even the 2.2m defender who was available to leave we never went for. Instead we go for a washed out loanee who will never be back to how he was. I count 4 defenders who we could have picked up...so the big question is...

WHERES THE ****ING MONEY GOING!!

Steve Parish revealed there were not any deadline day bids for Joe Ledley and Norwich’s move for Dwight Gayle ‘couldn’t be taken seriously’

Gayle’s future at Palace was up in the air all summer with Bristol City’s bid being accepted, only for the former Peterborough man to turn down a move. And then Norwich launched an ambitious bid with hours to go until Tuesday’s 6pm deadline but Parish said they never really considered the sale. “We did have a late bid from Norwich, but we couldn’t really take it seriously on the last day of the transfer window,” he explained.

(IT WOULD SEEM PARISH AGREES)

The answer to your question is obvious - a new stand during the summer. I am sure that McNally hinted at this earlier at the break. something along the lines of "..there will be more news about later during the season".

This would tie in with a Croyden local press report that we had a deal agreed for Gayle some weeks ago but then held off completing the deal. The suggestion was that we were looking for a better player. If this was the case, and we''ll never know unless Parish reveals more, then it would explain why they wouldn''t take an eleventh hour bid seriously.

oh is that when we''re sitting bottom 15 points from nearest that he comes out and yells new stand just to save his ass and please the fans?

FFS get a grip will you. There''s not question we''ve had difficulty getting players in in this window, for a variety of reasons, but the idea that it''s all some sort of clandestine plot to hoodwink the fans... so that the club can.... what?  It''s just nonsense. We will do more business, in the next window and through the loan system after the window closes.

This whole sorry business turns fans in to complete children, complaining on Christmas morning that they haven''t got enough presents. Have you not looked outside of Carrow Road''s four walls and seen all the other fans moaning in exactly the same way? Spurs fans, Baggies fans, Arsenal fans (as always)... yes some have done a lot of business. Watford and West Ham have brought in a shed load of new players - lets see how that goes shall we? Do people just think all you need on transfer deadline day is a massive influx of new players and Bob''s your Uncle? Managers of those clubs now have a huge job on their hands to manage new players, intergrate them in to the existing team, as well as all the pressure and expectation of these fans who think all these new players are going to transform the club''s fortunes.

We needed some new striking options and some reinforcements in defence. We have one of those and we''ve got an extra £6m for one of our SIX central midfielders as well as more back up on the left side of midfield. We came up short on the defence, so yes, we will need loan reinforcements there.

So chill out, ditch the pathetic conspiracy theories, go and have a cup of tea or something and back the boys.

[quote user="Cerberus"]The answer to your question is obvious - a new stand during the summer. I am sure that McNally hinted at this earlier at the break. something along the lines of "..there will be more news about later during the season".[/quote]

If a new City stand is built it could be named the Wynn Jones'' Stand as a legacy to their ownership. It could incorporate a gastro pub called the "Let'' Be Havin'' You".

This may seem like a strange question - but why do fans give a hoot about a new stand?

It''s just a concrete structure with a seat on it - the experience of being at the football doesn''t improve at all? If anything the experience should theoretically get worst as the money has been spent on a stand and not players...

If your implication is that by failing to strengthen sufficiently during this transfer window The Board have condemned NCFC to relegation and meaning the club miss out on £120 Million and should therefore resign then...

You''re wrong.

The £120 Million figure bandied around is the (approximate) sum of one year in the Premier League and then Parachute Payments following relegation.

So, if you want the club to have an extra £120 Million (not paid in a lump sum, mind you) then you should be super happy that we haven''t strengthened as much as every fan would have liked and you should be congratulating the board on a job well done.

i hear vinnie jones is available..well since City board are playacting i feel vinnie would be perfect. Dont be blind, see through the board. Who wants a new stand or free contract players...oh and yes we not allowed any other loans. Blind leading the blind springs to mind.

Whatever you may believe, the club wasn''t handed a cheque for 120 million as soon as the Play-Off whistle went.

It''s an estimate based on TV money and many other factors, with a lot the figure accrued over the season. Not to mention the fact that our general expenditure, including wages, would have significantly gone up following promotion. It''s Premier League prices, folks!

Maybe once some of our fans grasp that, we''ll have less crying that we haven''t spunked away all of our budget just yet.

we had plenty of money say the tv deal was 80 million this year and its paid in 4 payments and we were short of cash until we got sky money ,

any bank in the world would lend you 20 million until the next payment if you were owed 80 million its a very short term debt guaranteed by sky / league

we just didn''t want to spend it

when i see teams 2 leagues lower spending more then we did..that kinda scares me. This board arnt serious about taking this club forward and thats become very clear after this transfer shambles, its no suprise why players are saying no now, and walking out on our club...

So you know exactly how much we spent, how much other clubs spent, what players we bid on, and the reasons various deals didn''t come off?No of course you don''t, its just easier to assume, for some bizarre reason that the board would rather run the club into the ground just for comedy.We virtually already had a Premiership standard squad when we got promoted, that we have added to.Who are these players walking out of the club exactly, other than Grabban who stuck his bottom lip out, and has actually gone nowhere?

yup i do know what other clubs spent just do a bit of research eh.. and a PL team are you kidding??? Sorry but the team who played sunday would have lost to my local high school, and the same back four who saw us go down before? Grabban dont want any part of us, neither does hooper or rvw...wouldnt suprise me if a few more wanted out

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Sorry but the team who played sunday would have lost to my local high school[/quote]...and it was at this precise point that the OP''s credibility was lost forever.

One of the criticisms last season, during our bad patch, was that we should be winning the league because we had a Premier League squad. We''ve now been promoted and it''s not good enough, even with the additions. Crazy

http://www.football365.com/sunderland/9976235/-...?

Norwich City

Alex Neil did a wonderful job in securing Norwich''s re-promotion, but his squad needed significant surgery in both defence and attack. The sum total of their Deadline Day activity was to loan Dieumerci (Thanks, God) Mbokani and Matthew (Hew, Matt) Jarvis whilst selling one of their best midfielders to the Championship.

"To give ourselves a chance, we have to be competitive in terms of positions, so there has to be at least two players for every position to get the best out of each other, and that is something I am trying to make sure we address," said Neil on July 21.

Robbie Brady was the only permanent arrival after that date. Neil''s requirement of two players for every position looks lost. Their entire defence consists of Steven Whittaker, Andre Wisdom, Russell Martin, Sebastien Bassong, Martin Olsson and Ryan Bennett. Championship, Championship, Championship, Championship, Championship and Championship.

It''s a shame to reduce things to money, but therein lies the reality of Premier League survival. When a promoted club buys only two players for a fee, relegation is the only logical eventuality.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]yup i do know what other clubs spent just do a bit of research eh.. and a PL team are you kidding??? Sorry but the team who played sunday would have lost to my local high school, and the same back four who saw us go down before? Grabban dont want any part of us, neither does hooper or rvw...wouldnt suprise me if a few more wanted out[/quote]Yeah you''re talking $hit and I have realised that I can''t really be bothered pandering to pant wetting idiots like you any more.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]i''ll refer back to your comment come end of season when you crying in the bedroom due to our dismal displays that see us relegated[/quote]Lol, you do that[Y]

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]No point trying to argue with idiots with pitchforks, Morty.[/quote]Whilst I see the logic in your statement, it would be a shame to change the habit of nearly 15 years on this forum lol[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Steelsilver"]i''ll refer back to your comment come end of season when you crying in the bedroom due to our dismal displays that see us relegated[/quote]Lol, you do that[Y][/quote]And of course you wouldn''t be crying if we got relegated, would you Steelsilver? You''d be running around gleefully telling everyone "See! I told you so! I was right! I KNEW we were going to get relegated!"To which everybody would nod their head sagely, and promise never to have any kind of positive expectations ever again.You''re a mutant.

Who are these teams two leagues below us spending more, by the way?And I want accurate figures, not newspaper speculation. Also accurate wage figures, giving the true, total cost of the package. These must be some amazing teams if they are paying bigger wages than we are, and are two divisions below.

Same old Norwich until we get some investment on the board nothing will change, deadly silence from McNally today or have I missed it.