Sign in to follow this  
deltic31

Why so down?

BJ leaving was in his own best interests. One player does not make a team. Where were all the doom mongers two weeks ago. Did you honestly expect us to spend millions on players who want big wages which then upsets the team?

As one who was sceptical about AN when he came, I am prepared to give him longer in building a team. He has been brilliant so far.

We are stuck with what we have so let''s drop all the negativity and pant wetting and get on with it

Well my opinion was that the midfield and strikeforce were fine but we have a weak defense and really needed to bring in a good quality centre-back and team captain, we didn''t do that and it concerns me.

I also feel the Southampton game taught us that when playing in this league you''re going to need two things in midfield, the ability to win the ball and the ability to take chances. Take both of these and the fighting qualities that we lacked at times against Southampton and Bradley Johnson seemed like a good fit for the team. Try and rewrite history if you like but 15 goals last year is a good return for a midfield player who will battle as well.

Personally I''m not "pant wetting" but can see a long hard season for the club this year. And additionally the main reason we got promoted back out of the Championship in 14-15 was because we had a solid squad of OUR OWN players who stayed at the club and were proven Championship players.

If we get relegated in May (which as the play-off promoted team last year is unfortunately going to be a possibility no matter how much green tint you''ve got on your sunnies) we''re going to have to try and find a replacement for Matt Jarvis. A tough task for a team who''s just lost an income stream.

Let''s see if Alex has got what it takes to keep us up. 4 points from 4 games is relegation form and the fact two of the teams we played are in the relegation zone already isn''t a great omen.

In a year Holt we will have Josh Murphy back at the club with hopefully a good years worth of championship football behind him. Whether up or down the potential player to replace Jarvis is already at the club. Maybe that''s why we only signed a winger on loan. I remember Alex Neil saying he plans his squad two or three years ahead and knows which youths he expects to be in and around he team in the future.

Well despite my reputation as a boring pessimistic C u nxt Tuesday... I am quite happy with our business. Would have liked an extra CB but with Mbokani, I think we will score enough to concede a few and be safe.