Sign in to follow this  
scrappy33

Start Lewis Grabban against Bournemouth???

Could sort out this mess rather than drag on for months, put the cat amongst the pigeons and see how professional he applies himself. If he scores the winner and throws himself into the Barcley then all is forgiven, if Grabben doesn''t turn up then ship him out back to the championship asap.

you dont reward failureand refusing to play in the cup and storming off when youre earning thousands of pounds a week is an epic failid put him on the bench for the next 4 or 5 games, and even if another striker is injured id play a centre back or anyone else instead of him, just to get the point across

Bollocks to him. Board need to start negotiating with Wolves on a player plus cash deal for Afobe. If we start now with our boards track record we may get the deal completed just before the January window shuts

So your happy for him to do absolutely nothing to pick up his 25k+ a week until January, possibly being disruptive along the way causing tension in the group?

[quote user="scrappy33"]Could sort out this mess rather than drag on for months, put the cat amongst the pigeons and see how professional he applies himself. If he scores the winner and throws himself into the Barcley then all is forgiven, if Grabben doesn''t turn up then ship him out back to the championship asap.[/quote]

Fu(k that, let the ungrateful ba****d rot until he apologises. He needs to be taught a lesson, I cannot believe anyone would consider giving him a place in the starting line up after the way he has behaved, what sort of message would it sent to the younger squad members?

[quote user="scrappy33"]So your happy for him to do absolutely nothing to pick up his 25k+ a week until January, possibly being disruptive along the way causing tension in the group?[/quote]

Not if he''s sent to train with the development/academy squad until we can get a championship side to loan him until next January.

[quote user="scrappy33"]So your happy for him to do absolutely nothing to pick up his 25k+ a week until January, possibly being disruptive along the way causing tension in the group?[/quote]

Not if he''s sent to train with the development/academy squad until we can get a championship side to loan him until January.

As much as I like Grabban as a footballer, I do NOT want to see him in a Norwich shirt again. I truly hope he gets what he deserves for the childish behaviour shown towards his fellow players, club and fans.

Fu(k Grabban and his stupid armpit hair beard. I cannot believe that for the whole time he had that stupid thing protruding from his chin I never clocked on to the fact that it was because he is just a massive bellend.

You are all mental.
Grabban has been suspended, fined, punished,  Now it''s up to him to show he has learned and is ready to play for his club, i.e. NCFC.
Mbokani will probably start unless fitness is an issue in which case Jerome will start.
Hooper and Grabban will probably be on the bench.
He might get 15 minutes as a substitute to provide a counter-attacking outlet (as he''s the only relatively quick striker we have) if we are winning, otherwise he''ll sit on the bench.
Longer term, we know AN prefers him to Jerome (or preferred him in the Champs, and as the PL is quicker it is fair to assume the same applies) so if he can sort himself out then there is a way back for him,
If AN can forgive and sort him out, the fans should do likewise.

I doubt anybody will forgive him, but they will certainly get behind him again if he scores.

If he doesn''t score I suspect he will get even more stick than he has done in the past.

It will certainly be a test of character.

The tweets he made today give me no confidence that he has any remorse for what he''s done.

http://m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/13639445.AFC_Bournemouth__Grabban_deal_falls_through_at_11th_hour/

Surely it was imperative that we got Grabban out of the squad? - but with £7m on offer why would we agree to sell but then refuse to sign off paperwork and conclude an excellent bit of business?

Some of our decision making during this crucial transfer window has been (to put it politely) very questionable!

Surely you can all see whats happened here can''t you?!!!!

My God I thought one or two of you were slow on the uptake. Just work through the series of events since last Tuesday and you''ll work it all out. Especially the final pieces of the jigsaw ie why Grabban was not sold in the end despite a great offer on the table?

[quote user="ruthers1"]Surely you can all see whats happened here can''t you?!!!!

My God I thought one or two of you were slow on the uptake. Just work through the series of events since last Tuesday and you''ll work it all out. Especially the final pieces of the jigsaw ie why Grabban was not sold in the end despite a great offer on the table?[/quote]Yes, thinks have taken an unexpected turn.The full story will no doubt emerge in time.

Bor you''ve no right to be calling anyone mental with this statement - ''He might get 15 minutes as a substitute to provide a counter-attacking outlet (as he''s the only relatively quick striker we have)''

I don''t know if you''ve actually seen any NCFC games whilst you bash your keyboard on here but Jerome is definitely quicker and stronger than Grabban

Grabban is not good enough to start a game for Norwich. He had his chance against Palace at Home and missed too many chances to score. He looked awful when he came off the bench when he came off the bench against Sunderland away. Also we have better strikers ahead of Grabban - MBokani (first choice), Jerome (second choice), Hooper (third choice). The three strikers mentioned will get a chance before Grabban does. He won''t even be on the bench against Bournemouth at home.The problem we have is we have a player who is unhappy at our club. We should have sold him to a championship team and then he wouldn''t affect us. The worse thing we could do is sell to Bournemouth and then he scores goals for Bournemouth - which leads to us getting relegated.

JF we can''t sign Benik Afobe now from Wolves - because the transfer window is already closed - besides we don''t need another striker because we have already signed MBokani. I didn''t want Afobe anyway because I didn''t think he would be any better than Grabban - just a championship player - not good enough to score goals in the premier league. Afobe has only played for championship teams throughout his career - so there is no guarantee - he would score goals in the premier league. But anyway we have got MBokani now and he is the guy we are putting our faith in to score us goals to keep us in the premier league.

To avoid a media circus and keep the team focussed on winning 3 precious points, Grabban should not be taken anywhere near Bournemouth. Leave him at home to contemplate his actions...

AN needs to show he means business.

Craig brown I know it has shut that''s why I said if our board start negotiating now with their track record of getting deals sealed they should have it tied up in time for January!

In my opinion we need to start leaving Grabban out of the matchday squad against Bournemouth. This is his first season in the top flight, but Hooper and Jerome have PL experience. I don''t think that he wants to play for us anymore as it seems like he wants to go back to Bournemouth and so if he plays against them he might score a hat trick of own goals. He was decent last season but I never want to see him play for us again

If nothing else, the rumours abounding underlines there could be extenuating circumstances surrounding Grabban''s actions.

If AN deems him good enough to put on the bench, then supporters should accept AN''s judgement.

Ditto if and when he ever starts a game.

We don''t want this match to be about Lewis Grabban. Leave him out until his mind is right and AN thinks he''s ready to be part of the matchday squad again.

The Bournemouth game is a big one. We need a win. Let''s make it about Olsson returning at left back, Brady doing his stuff in his normal left midfield role and Mbokani coming on as sub to score the winner. That sort of thing.

With our improved midfield i would have liked to see Wolf and Hooper up top but thats just me , never been a Jerome fan just does not score at this level one wonder goal every 10 or so games is not going to cut it this season and watching him on Sunday was just painful .