Sign in to follow this  
YellowFellow

Perspective

Ok....so I think we all agree that the transfer window was a little disappointing and the biggest area that needed strengthening (in my opinion defence) has arguably been weakened,it certainly hasn''t been improved, but we are not the only team that struggled.

Spurs failed to strengthen their attack. Arsenal got a gk and forgot about a DM or striker. Wba are stuck with their main goal threat refusing to play and their only saving grace is having pulis in charge. Bournemouth did strengthen but lost 2 big signings to injury. Watford arguably bought alot if good players but will probably take half a season if tinkering until they kno who makes their best team. It is not easy to improve your team. Clubs don''t want to sell.players may not want to sign.

But.....if we stick together. If the players stuck together we are more than good enough to stay up. We just need to keep the faith. I''m not sure why but everyone seems to be expecting the Southampton performance to be the real Norwich and forgetting the previous 3games where we were at times brilliant and cld easily have 7 if not 9 points

I still think we will be fine just asking as we keep the team spirit from the 2nd half of last season. Forget rumours and suspicions and just go by the facts we have started the season playing well. Out playing established sides...and we only need another 9 wins and 9 draws or equivalent. And can lose 16 more games and still stay up

Hear, hear! Football''s full of ups and downs and unexpected twists. Just enjoy watching it instead of letting it ruin your lives. Your worst fears may come true (finish bottom of the table with worst goal difference ever) or you may be pleasantly surprised. All the whingng and whining and little angry-face emoticons in the world isn''t going to make a difference. Why get so worked up about it?

What ever happens we will never be Ipswich..which their fans are always happy to tell us (as if its a bad thing lol)

They have had stability in the same league for what 15 years? We have had 3 relegations and 4 promotions in the same time... We will always have bad times but overall outside of the top 4 how many other teams have had as much success as us this century?

[quote user="ron obvious"]Perspective?? On here???

Chortle

Even Ricardo''s had a breakdown.[/quote]I''m on the mend[:D]I recently noticed that I can talk about Ron Davies transfer without swearing or getting angry.[;)]

Yeah, and the bloke who sold him and then Hughie Curran, is first in line for a statue now.

If I could choose a statue it would be of a miserable old blogger with a face palm...

I agree with the OP in the main but the big unknown is of course the "team spirit" and whether the Johnson sale/Grabban incident have hit that or not or whether they are indicative of a bigger underlying issue. Certainly in the first 3 games the spirit has seemed excellent and even last week national journalists who visited Colney were praising the atmosphere and togetherness. it seems unlikely that has changed in the space of a week but the Grabban incident and Johnson''s sale coupled with the unusually spiritless showing at Southampton have I think got a few people uneasy.

If the spirit remains then we may just have enough about us to overcome the fact we have the worst defence in the premier league.