Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy Old Blogger

...have it missed it?

Have I missed the obligatory "I''m happy with my squad....we''ll go with what we have.." stuff from the manager? Maybe he isn''t happy.

Nothing from the CEO telling us how difficult it is to get players in for the budget we have.

Nothing from the bloke from Burnley asking, "Transfer window....what transfer window?"

Maybe they all realise there is nothing much they can add to the debate. Having hardly missed a home game since 1960 I have seen loads of ups and downs, but the "ups" are worth it. Sadly, the euphoria of Wembley was washed away so quickly by the lack of activity on Tuesday.

Perhaps our manager needs to realise that his publicity is just that - publicity. Not necessarily to be believed by him. He needs to understand he IS inexperienced at this level and when 20,000+ loyal supporters tell him that he needs a central defender or two and that Russell Martin won''t survive at this level - maybe, taken together, they have more experience of The Premier League than he does.

[quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]Have I missed the obligatory "I''m happy with my squad....we''ll go with what we have.." stuff from the manager? Maybe he isn''t happy. Nothing from the CEO telling us how difficult it is to get players in for the budget we have. Nothing from the bloke from Burnley asking, "Transfer window....what transfer window?" Maybe they all realise there is nothing much they can add to the debate. Having hardly missed a home game since 1960 I have seen loads of ups and downs, but the "ups" are worth it. Sadly, the euphoria of Wembley was washed away so quickly by the lack of activity on Tuesday. Perhaps our manager needs to realise that his publicity is just that - publicity. Not necessarily to be believed by him. He needs to understand he IS inexperienced at this level and when 20,000+ loyal supporters tell him that he needs a central defender or two and that Russell Martin won''t survive at this level - maybe, taken together, they have more experience of The Premier League than he does.[/quote]

You do realise that 20,000 multiplied by 0 is 0.

4 * 90 = 360.

AN wins!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Two grumpy old bloggers??

We''re plagued...[/quote]Yeah, but I''m more disgruntled than grumpy[:D]

Cant see the direct connection between the poor transfer window and Alex Neil that alot of people seem to be making.

He will have had his targets and areas of the team he wanted to strenghten - the rest is down to the Head of Recruitment and the people that hold the purse strings.

AN will probably be as frustrated as the rest of us - but what do expect him to do - cry about it, have a paddy and make his position untenable with the board ?? He wouldnt have gone up to McNally and said ''look i''m really inexperienced and you really must pay totally over the odds for that defender i really want, even though he wants to go to Southampton''. I''m sure he knows this is a fantastic opportunity for him and by default would want the best players available to make him even more successful - but that isn''t down to him

We have a really good manager in the making and I for one hope we keep him even if we do end up getting relegated

The Judge wrote: "Cant see the direct connection between the poor transfer window and Alex Neil that alot of people seem to be making."

What poor transfer window? I think you mean fans shocked that what they wanted to see happen didn''t? Poor dears.

[quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]Have I missed the obligatory "I''m happy with my squad....we''ll go with what we have.." stuff from the manager? Maybe he isn''t happy.

Nothing from the CEO telling us how difficult it is to get players in for the budget we have.

Nothing from the bloke from Burnley asking, "Transfer window....what transfer window?"

Maybe they all realise there is nothing much they can add to the debate. Having hardly missed a home game since 1960 I have seen loads of ups and downs, but the "ups" are worth it. Sadly, the euphoria of Wembley was washed away so quickly by the lack of activity on Tuesday.

Perhaps our manager needs to realise that his publicity is just that - publicity. Not necessarily to be believed by him. He needs to understand he IS inexperienced at this level and when 20,000+ loyal supporters tell him that he needs a central defender or two and that Russell Martin won''t survive at this level - maybe, taken together, they have more experience of The Premier League than he does.[/quote]I see. So if we had waited and signed Kean, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Brady, Jarvis, Mbokani and Wisdom all on Tuesday then you would have been happy. This (I have seen several similarly blinkered examples) does make me feel old. A generation has grown up that cannot remember as far back as yesterday and regards tomorrow morning as the absurdly far long-term.

That''s basically it Purple. It''s like giving a little girl a dolls house on the first day of Advent but a skipping rope on Christmas Day.

I''m going to make transfer window calendars for January based on Advent calendars. I will make sure the Messi chocolate is behind the door on the last day...

Mean is a very third choice keeper , Dorrand was already here , Mulumbu got injured in preseason, Brady looks ok so far ,, but he is NOT a left back ! Jarvis was good two years ago ,, not done too much lately , and wet sham didn''t want him . Mbokani 3 goals in only 15 games last season ,, what is he ,, another sick note ? Wisdom looks about the same level as Whittaker while defending .

So don''t give me " I see sh*t " you pompous fool ,,, people who go to games are very justifiably disappointed that we failed miserably in addressing glaring deficiencies in our squad ,,, plastic pr*t .

Oh how time has changed, back in the 20th century everybody was a manager and knew better than the real manager and now we are in the new technological 21st century everybody is a CEO.[;)]