Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Fickle fans

when Grabban missed his chance against Crystal Palace this board was full of posters pointing the finger.

I have just caught up with the Southampton match on the I player and Jerome missed an easier chance on Sunday and I''ve seen nothing.

Now I don''t play the blame game, all players make mistakes but why are so many fans so fickle regarding players.

I loved Johnson - but he spent 3 years being slated and now he is suddenly a world beater after a good year - o well.

Look at the slating Harry Kane got when he missed - seem to remember our worst player ever being quoted

Football fans are fickle, it''s a fact

There''s a big percentage of them that are crazy as well. The bemused and the bewildered that have barnacled onto a football club.

Like a puppet man cloning device.

I do agree fans can be fickle up to a point but football is an emotive sport of extremes. highs and lows. A good goal is always 1 of the best ever and a miss 1 of the worst ever but as much as we are fickle at times other times we are incredibly unbelievably loyal its just two sides of the same coin

With the example u made Jerome has earnt our loyalty bciz he scored 20 goals and rarely misses sitters. Grabban often misses good chances even last season he scored 14 but his many of those were great finishes? Was it v Blackburn last season he scored twice but one was a rebound from his missed pen and the other a rebound from the keeper saving his first one on one attempt

If you said "Fickley thick"...I''d introduce you two Wiz but alas doesn''t approach anywhere near Carrow Road on a top flight league game.

ps: I believe he''s in another county but using a postcode as a reason not to ''follow'' the binners