Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Johnson thanks City fans

Regardless of the circumstances under which he left he will always be remembered as a warrior for us. He was a player that divided opinion but to my mind there were many more positives than negatives. Very sad to see it end under a cloud.

[quote user="ricardo"]Regardless of the circumstances under which he left he will always be remembered as a warrior for us. He was a player that divided opinion but to my mind there were many more positives than negatives. Very sad to see it end under a cloud.[/quote]*Alleged cloud.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]Regardless of the circumstances under which he left he will always be remembered as a warrior for us. He was a player that divided opinion but to my mind there were many more positives than negatives. Very sad to see it end under a cloud.[/quote]*Alleged cloud.[/quote][Y]I stand corrected

We sell a midfielder to a club in a league where Johnson has proven he can be a key player AND score 15 goals for 6 million?

What a stupid, short sighted decision.

I can understand Johnson wanting to leave. (I rate Howson very highly but) he''s been voted POS and has seen CM Howson picked ahead of him in the LM spot and knows he''ll be playing second fiddle to Brady but from everyone involved on our part this was awful management.

Without proper investment in key areas like CB and ST (We''ve dominated games but failed to capitalize and have conceded slopy goals, ST and CB are, objectively by any measure positions we needed to strengthen) we have left ourselves in a strong position to be relegated even with a good manager and Johnson could have been so valueable next year if we''d have gone down. 6M is nothing in football nowdays, imagine if we sold Hoolahan for 1M after being promoted in 2011!

We''ve been in the Prem for 4 out of the last 5 years. we''re debt free and a bigger club than Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford and Palace yet we can''t attract any players? What the hell is going on!???

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"] What a stupid, short sighted decision.          

What the hell is going on!???[/quote]

Mr Spanish, I fear you have missed some of the things that have been revealed (allegedly) today which might throw a different light on the subject.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]We sell a midfielder to a club in a league where Johnson has proven he can be a key player AND score 15 goals for 6 million?

What a stupid, short sighted decision.

I can understand Johnson wanting to leave. (I rate Howson very highly but) he''s been voted POS and has seen CM Howson picked ahead of him in the LM spot and knows he''ll be playing second fiddle to Brady but from everyone involved on our part this was awful management.

Without proper investment in key areas like CB and ST (We''ve dominated games but failed to capitalize and have conceded slopy goals, ST and CB are, objectively by any measure positions we needed to strengthen) we have left ourselves in a strong position to be relegated even with a good manager and Johnson could have been so valueable next year if we''d have gone down. 6M is nothing in football nowdays, imagine if we sold Hoolahan for 1M after being promoted in 2011!

We''ve been in the Prem for 4 out of the last 5 years. we''re debt free and a bigger club than Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford and Palace yet we can''t attract any players? What the hell is going on!???[/quote]We''ve been in the Prem 3 full seasons out of the last 4. We have only played 4 games of this one.We are not bigger than three of those 4 clubs. We are roughly the same size. Bournemouth are technically smaller than us but have a very wealthy owner.

Ricardo, what has been (allegedly) revealed today? Have been away with work and can''t see reference to it either here or on Twitter.

Read the Grabban/Clu PR thread.I can''t be more explicit else the thread will be deleted. We''ve had a few today.

I have Ricardo, I''ve been away for a while. Any chance you could shed some light on what''s been going on because I''ve checked a few threads and found no rumours

Herman: by a very, very small margin we are bigger than those 4 clubs. But it''s irrelivent, let''s say we''re the same size or slightly smaller. Okay STARTING this year we''ve been in the Prem 3 out of 4 seasons. We should have roughly the same pulling power as those other 4 clubs. maybe not Palace as they''re London based but we should be able to compete with Watford/Bournemouth for 30-40k wages and we have exactly the same financial model as Swansea, they get all of their money from revenue/Tv just like us without any backing yet even in their second/third season they were able to attract some impressive players and Laundrup in the last few years.

This has been a complete Fu(k up, not a reflection on our limitations and our CE and Chief scout have a few questions to answer because even with a really good manager in charge I really fear for us this year. We just can''t stick the ball in the net often enough when on top and we always concede. This really should have been adressed

A personal issue between the two named protagonists involving a related third party.Destruction of team spirit being the inevitable result.its not possible to be more explicit without Peter the deleter taking action.

There is nothing worse than tarnishing a players reputation purely based on rumours, which 99.9% of stuff posted on twitter etc is absolute rubbish.

Until it''s confirmed, I don''t believe a word of it, so I am thankful stuff like that is being deleted by who-ever the mod is

Thanks for the amazing 14-15 season Mr Johnson, i''d rather you were here, but I guess management looked at what they wanted this season, saw either

A) a bit part player for this season

B) 7.5 Million (potentially)

As long as we are above the bottom 3 in January and spend it wisely this time, I will be less unhappy. But for the moment I am very saddened he has left

I hear what you''re saying Alejandra but having been one of those that was told the rumour, I believe it as I got it from a reliable source who has a strong link to a player.

He was fairly adamant that it was true, why would a player make it up.

Had I read it or heard it from any other source I''d have been as sceptical as you.

When you consider all of the things that happened over the last week it does make sense.

Also, everyone believes that Grabban was upset as he wasn''t playing, where did it say that? Maybe he was down to start and RVW had to replace him as Grabban left unexpectedly....

Originally, Grabban was named on the bench and RVW in the starting line up. RVW didn''t replace Grabban in the starting line up because he was upset.

Not only had Johnson slipped down the order, but didn''t AN also question his attitude since the P/O final?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Originally, Grabban was named on the bench and RVW in the starting line up. RVW didn''t replace Grabban in the starting line up because he was upset.

Not only had Johnson slipped down the order, but didn''t AN also question his attitude since the P/O final?[/quote]I''ve never heard anyone question Johnsons attitude.

I am sure I read something about AN on Johnson and why he had fallen down the pecking order. I didn''t mean he questioned Johnson''s attitude in that way, more in relation to his level of performance since last season and hence why he had fallen down the order.