Sign in to follow this  
Stevie G

Ron Vlaar is a free agent...

Yes, but undergoing a long rehabilitation from surgery and probably wont come to us as he left Villa seeking a bigger club. He is first choice CB for one of the best international teams in the world.

[quote user="Cerberus"] he left Villa seeking a bigger club. ...[/quote]

mission accomplished then :P

i didn''t realise he was in rehab, guess it''s clutching at straws but getting a centre back in would have gone a long way towards making this window seem more successful

Just shows what a risk it is to run down a contract.

If he''d signed on at Villa he''d no doubt be on 60k a week on a four year deal.

Now he''s sat at home injured, on £0 per week, and wondering whether or not he''ll ever play at the highest level again. The big move to a top four is certainly way off now.

James Collins apparently feeling that West Ham want rid of him. Let''s hope they release him from his contract,thank him for 8 yrs service and that we can snap him up.

In the light of our failure to sign a centre half one is allowed to hope a little bit !!

With things as they are, I''d take Vlaar and Collins in a heartbeat.

Although Collins has his faults, he still has a bit to offer in my opinion. Vlaar''s plus points speak for themselves - a world class defender when fit.

I''m hoping AN has something up his sleeve, but the silence from the club is deafening.

I''m fairly certain that we wouldn''t be able to sign Collins now if he was released.

I think if a Premier League club wants to sign a free agent, they must''ve been a free agent when the window closed.

Otherwise, the transfer window would be rather pointless- clubs could just release players and other clubs could sign them whenever they want.