Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Tettey

Another yellow card tonight. This time for Norway.

Although this won''t stack with his premier league total...

This is now his 4th in 5 games..... Someone needs a word or we are gonna have him banned every few weeks !!

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]The Tettey-nator will destroy you with your stupid mouth[/quote]

^^^This.

He needs a break every now and again for his old knees.

Mulumbu will be a more than adequate replacement.

We may end up playing them both together with three at the back, might actually work better for us.

At this rate he''ll be suspended when Mulumbu gets back so there won''t be any problems anyway

Surely this just comes with the territory. All the best defensive midfielders I remember have always had a habit of picking up yellow cards.

The job he plays for us in protecting our defence (a very important job!) means he has to pick up a yellow card from time to time.

It''s true that he will miss the odd game here and there due to suspension, but I think we have another cover in the squad to deal with that.

I watch full 90 min yesterday and must say Tettey was by far best player on the field.

Krasimir Balakov and ex Charlton Radostin Kishishev was on studio both agree great player very good game for him and look in top fitness all 90 min.

We have good cover in this area so yellow cards is not that big problem with Mulumbu can be used just in front of centre back''s.

Just hope mulumbu is fit soon - as a suspension is inevtiable;  my understanding is he is still c4-6 weeks off being fit.

Tettey is top class,  although we do need the rest of the midfield to work back a bit harder - they are often guilty of ball watching instead of regaining position; &  too many of his bookings are a case of taking one for the team with inadequate cover from mid and defence.

Absolutely ZLF. Tettey isn''t always blameless, but too many times I see him frantically trying to cover for other''s poor positioning.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]When do we expect Mulumbu to be back? With BJ gone, even Mrs Mustard says she''s concerned "because Tettey is too slow.."

Does she have a valid point?[/quote]

No she doesn''t because Tettey is not slow and is excellent in the holding role. The more valid concern is him getting suspended before Mulumbu is available again.