Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Grabban/club PR

''City had indicated they would be prepared to accept an improved £7million offer for the player. However, it is believed the Norfolk outfit blocked the move and refused to sign the relevant paperwork before informing Cherries of their decision five minutes before the deadline''.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/13639445.AFC_Bournemouth__Grabban_deal_falls_through_at_11th_hour/

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

''City had indicated they would be prepared to accept an improved £7million offer for the player. However, it is believed the Norfolk outfit blocked the move and refused to sign the relevant paperwork before informing Cherries of their decision five minutes before the deadline''.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/13639445.AFC_Bournemouth__Grabban_deal_falls_through_at_11th_hour/

[/quote]Maybe something happened late doors that made Lewis change his mind....

[quote user="Canary001"]What happened was we didn''t get Gayle in so Grabban was not allowed to leave ,[/quote]

Or BJ had been sold and AN wanted to keep a player he thinks high of. Not even read any rumours and not interested.

So if Alex Neil wanted to keep him because he rates him what was Grabban doing at Bournemouth with 5 minutes of the window left ? use a little common sense please .

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]The thing is, if we stay up and have a good season, known of these moaners will be here to praise or congratulate the Club. Insufferable know-it-alls whose sole purpose on this board is to continually bash the club they supposedly love. Permanent miserablists.[/quote]You''ve got it WHF, if we play well and win the next game they''ll all disappear.[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Agree but I''m not sure there''s away back for him

at Norwich - there is some real hatred out there[/quote]As for talk of "hatred", that is the stupidest thing I''ve ever heard. Grabban''s "crime" was to be upset because a striker the club wanted rid of was preferred in the starting line-up to him in a League cup game for goodness sake. Any player wanting game time would have been upset in the circumstances. Maybe he over reacted but how can anyone "hate" him for that. Nope. this frenzy of anger is whipped up mainly by keyboard warriors who couldn''t find Carrow Road if they didn''t have a sat-nav.https://susan1219.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/the-keyboard-warriors-among-us-300x241.jpg?w=640

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]What rumours? Where?[/quote]You could not miss them , all over Twitter last night and on here but the threads on the Pink Un were pulled .

[quote user="Canary001"]What happened was we didn''t get Gayle in so Grabban was not allowed to leave ,[/quote]

Spot on...no point letting a player go if you can''t replace them. Even though Grabban and Bournmouth may have been disappointed by this its pretty understandable and both parties should be grown up enough about it to accept it

Find those rumours hard to believe. Doesn''t tie-in with Grabban saying "The truth will come out." Surely not something he''d want broadcasting.

And doesn''t tie-in with BJ suddenly reappearing on Twitter.

Surely both would be keeping a low profile.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]What rumours? Where?[/quote]Use some imagination and ask yourself why the club have quickly shipped out a popular player and then observed a code of silence.its not that difficult.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2015-09-03 3:00 PM:

None of us are in full possession of the facts so we should hesitate before passing judgement on this matter.

Sorry Ricardo, but it cannot agree with your statement, we are in full possession of the facts, Grabban was named in a squad to face Rotherham, albeit on the bench. He didn''t like it, and left the team hotel prior to the team meeting in respect of the match. The club and AN says this was without permission, subsequently had an enquiry, and suspended said player, who then complains to the PFA.

GRABBAN let his manager, coaches, employers but more importantly the supporters of NCFC (who contribute to the funds used to pay his salary) big time. He should not IMO be picked to represent the club again at any level. He has surely made it quite clear that he has NO interest in this club at all!

[quote user="stoke canary"]"IF" latest news/rumours are true ,I think Grabban is deserving of an apology especially from some of our fans !![/quote]

If the rumour is true it would explain why Johnson has been shipped out to everyone''s surprise and possibly the poor display at Southampton. It would make Grabban the wounded party and, although he has reacted poorly, it would explain his behaviour. As such he would be easily reintegrated in the squad. IF the rumour is true.

[quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2015-09-03 3:00 PM:

None of us are in full possession of the facts so we should hesitate before passing judgement on this matter.

Sorry Ricardo, but it cannot agree with your statement, we are in full possession of the facts, Grabban was named in a squad to face Rotherham, albeit on the bench. He didn''t like it, and left the team hotel prior to the team meeting in respect of the match. The club and AN says this was without permission, subsequently had an enquiry, and suspended said player, who then complains to the PFA.

GRABBAN let his manager, coaches, employers but more importantly the supporters of NCFC (who contribute to the funds used to pay his salary) big time. He should not IMO be picked to represent the club again at any level. He has surely made it quite clear that he has NO interest in this club at all![/quote]You''ve only heard the case for the prosecution.When we hear the case for the defence we may find that we see things in an entirely different light.I don''t know if there is anything worth listening to but passing judgement before the case is closed is an affront to natural justice.

Without knowing exactly what''s gone on I guess, regardless of what ppl think, grabban has the same employment rights anyone else so it may be that the club are unable to comment on anything until after a disciplinary meeting has been had and a decision made.

Obviously there will b delays and any meeting will need grabban and he will prob want his agent...maybe lawyer present too... I can only speculate but I''m sure we won''t here anything for a while other than the standard'' lewis has served his suspension and is now training with the squad and us available for selection,'' they will then either say the matter is closed in which case I suspect he will start v Bournemouth or they will say they can''t comment until the investigation is complete

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 2015-09-03 5:36 PM:

If the rumour is true it would explain why Johnson has been shipped out to everyone''s surprise and possibly the poor display at Southampton. It would make Grabban the wounded party and, although he has reacted poorly...........

Have I missed something. What rumour?

Everything that has taken place lends credence to the rumour, but even if the rumour is not true, it goes to show that there might be extenuating circumstances to the behaviour of Grabban and the sale of Johnson.

It would be wrong of supporters to believe that anything has been done which isn''t in the interests of the squad or the football club.

I thing AN has earned the trust of the supporters to deal with matters as he sees fit.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]So if Alex Neil wanted to keep him because he rates him what was Grabban doing at Bournemouth with 5 minutes of the window left ? use a little common sense please .[/quote]

Maybe you also, as the Pinkun said, BJ''s transfer was confirmed just before the 6pm deadline. Sounds to me all parties could have been waiting for the outcome of this move.

Did Grabban drive himself to Bournemouth on deadline day?

Grabban''s only crime certainly was not being upset that he wasn''t in starting line up. I also highly doubt that he was really bothered by it in any case.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2015-09-03 5:59 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

.... Have I missed something. What rumour?

Have a guess.

Well I''m trying Ricardo, but I have always been gullible when it comes to the female form, which I guess this relates to.

[quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2015-09-03 5:59 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

.... Have I missed something. What rumour?

Have a guess.

Well I''m trying Ricardo, but I have always been gullible when it comes to the female form, which I guess this relates to.[/quote]It does, but being more explicit without evidence will only result in the thread being pulled.Lets call it illicit extracurricular activities that are likely to destroy trust between teammates.

The club has already done the Grabban PR with the Manager saying he''s been a silly boy, it will be dealt with in house and he won''t be selling him to a rival. All very sensible and no more needs to be said. In regards to Johnson leaving again nothing needs to be said. If the Manager was happy to move him on then so be it. He served us well in his time here but we have seen him play in the premier league for three years and we know his limitations. He is never going to score the goals he did in the championship this year, he only scored 6 in the three seasons previous so hardly prolific.

As for the rumours this is classic smear stuff. The same happened to Morrison/ Tierney and it seems that people need some form of conspiracy when they don''t want to believe something has been done for footballing reasons.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user=" Jim Hacker"]After the massive fan reaction after the window closed I am amazed that the club haven''t commented.

Would like to know if archant have asked the club for clarity of what happens on the day or will they wait until the next scheduled press conference?[/quote]Why should the club bother to waste time commenting on a generally very successful transfer window, in which every outfield area of the squad, from defence through to striking, has been improved?[/quote]I am not making any assumptions about this, but if the late sale of Johnson was for reasons not entirely connected to his on-field performance then getting several millions pounds from a non-rival club for a player for whom we had already signed four replacements while dealing with a question of sqaud morale and assuaging the hurt feelings of a want-away star striker would mean the transfer window was even better handled that I had supposed.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am not making any assumptions about this, but if the late sale of Johnson was for reasons not entirely connected to his on-field performance then getting several millions pounds from a non-rival club for a player for whom we had already signed four replacements while dealing with a question of sqaud morale and assuaging the hurt feelings of a want-away star striker would mean the transfer window was even better handled that I had supposed.[/quote][Y]Impossible to disagree.Hindsight is better than 20x20 vision.

However there is still the CB question to be answered.

[quote user="Dead Canary"]The club has already done the Grabban PR with the Manager saying he''s been a silly boy, it will be dealt with in house and he won''t be selling him to a rival. All very sensible and no more needs to be said. In regards to Johnson leaving again nothing needs to be said. If the Manager was happy to move him on then so be it. He served us well in his time here but we have seen him play in the premier league for three years and we know his limitations. He is never going to score the goals he did in the championship this year, he only scored 6 in the three seasons previous so hardly prolific.

As for the rumours this is classic smear stuff. The same happened to Morrison/ Tierney and it seems that people need some form of conspiracy when they don''t want to believe something has been done for footballing reasons.[/quote]Another sensible post DC. I am slowly getting over my problem with your user name. I''ve been conditioned to assume any user called xxxx Canary is Waveney trolling!

This thread is slowing drifting in the same direction of those that caused Peter The Deleter to have a rush of blood overnight and this morning.