Sign in to follow this  
Stylish Canary

Why the restriction on the number of 3 year Season Tickets?

Or perhaps I should say "well Jim, if you ask me for a straight answer, then I shall say that as far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one time with another, in terms of the average of departments, then in the final analysis, it is probably true to say that at the end of the day, in general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a point on it, there probably wasn''t very much in it one way or the other. As far as one can see, at this stage.😄

Because then when they decide to raise the season ticket price they can say we did give you chance to buy at the set price, when in reality the only people that could afford to pay for 3 season tickets up front or in payments over 6 months are the people that wouldn''t have been that bothered by a rise in price anyway

[quote user="Vanwink"]Or perhaps I should say "well Jim, if you ask me for a straight answer, then I shall say that as far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one time with another, in terms of the average of departments, then in the final analysis, it is probably true to say that at the end of the day, in general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a point on it, there probably wasn''t very much in it one way or the other. As far as one can see, at this stage.😄[/quote]Reading between the lines I would think that they probably decided on a ballpark number to get the ball rolling and then having hit the nail on the head decided to call it a day. So having picked all the low hanging fruit there was really no need to raise the bar.Its only a theory that I''ve thrown out there to see if the cat licks it up so don''t shoot me down in flames if you think I''ve come up short.

The original e-mail that the Club sent out did say '' a limited number'' but gave a cut off date of 21st Sept. That limited number must have been achieved so those thinking and probably quite rightly so that they had still a couple of weeks to take the financial plunge have missed out.Maybe if the club had stated that the number available was on a first come first serve basis and not set a cut off date which it appears now served little purpose everybody would have known where they stood.

Not that it would happen Winky but if all 22,000 season ticket holders took up the offer the Club would have no season ticket income until 2019 ! Not ideal for the cash flow if that happened.

[quote user="Vanwink"]But why the restriction on numbers Till, to be honest I can''t see the reason for it?[/quote]Exclusivity, a bit like owning a Ferrari........Or maybe a car with a personalised number plate....Like TIL 1010 for instance.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]And i drink Peroni ricardo. [;)][/quote]LOL,Thankfully I was completely sober when you screamed past me along Chaplefield Rd the other day.[:D]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]You mean Tilly doesn''t drive like your typical OAP then?[/quote]Certainly quicker than me.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 04/09/2015 6:53 PM:

Not that it would happen Winky but if all 22,000 season ticket holders took up the offer the Club would have no season ticket income until 2019 ! Not ideal for the cash flow if that happened.

Well yes but surely cash in the bank now is better?

[quote user="Vanwink"]TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 04/09/2015 6:53 PM:

Well yes but surely cash in the bank now is better?[/quote]Not necessarilyMoney in the bank can be taxed in the current year, future income can''t.There''s obviously a tax wheeze involved somewhere.

I''m sure someone will be along with knowledge of corporate taxation.

I wonder if income form player sales is taxed differently to revenue from ticket sales.

Perhaps player sales is capital income?

The reason for the restriction is due to the stadium capacity is going to be increased at the end of this season if we stay up. And for the majority of next season the ground capacity will be reduced to under 22k meaning not all season ticket holders will be able to have the opportunity to maintain their season ticket and the club will be selling next season tickets on an auction site to get the best possible price. There will be some PR about saying how they offered x amount of tickets to secure your season ticket at the same price earlier in the season therefore it is your fault for not being able to renew