Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

McNally So Good

He is still at Fulham and Celtic right?

This man is not a magician, far from it. He got lucky with Lambert who masterminded our return to the promise land. The debt being repaid was solely down to him from the on field success we enjoyed.

He has done well with Alex Neil but it is early days. We were best team and squad in league last year and should of gone up. It''s not like we went from League One to Premier League in successive seasons like under Lambert, that was pure genius.

For all the successes there has been failures. He failed to keep the best manager we ever had, who I can only believe feels he was not supported as he certainly didn''t go to Villa for an endless transfer budget.

The he appointed an underwhelming Chris Hugton who lets face it no one was excited about and arguably we played the worst and most negative since Hamilton''s reign. What was worrying was the failure to act quicker by sacking him when it was clearly we were nailed on to go down. We had him far too long and then in the most bizzare of circumstances we appointed Neil Adams which was a pure unspeculated gamble. From his 5 games to try and rescue us he had an impossible challenge but none the less we allegedly scouted Europe for the best, were told a new manager be announced within a week yet it took weeks for confirmation that in fact we had the best in Neil Adams.

We have had the Joe Royle calamity, the calamity to send a Championship rival our best defender in Seb Bassong. Can you really imagine Daniel Levy or Jeremy Peace sanctioning such a deal, it is the equivalent of loaning John Terry to Man City, it would and never should happen.

The scout appointments have been very uninspiring, the network almost does not exist based on current signings. The Football Board has been laughable. We spend £9m on Ricky and that appears to make us scared every to spend money again. Where was the due diligence on this signing. Did our chief scout really think someone as lightweight as him would set the Premier League alight with so little pace.

This transfer window again has been farcical, we are the embarrassment of the tabloids and broadsheets with comical pursuits of Robbie Brady making £2m initial bids. We then reject a £7m deadline pursuit from Bournemouth for Grabban who has made it perfectly clearly he wants out. Already suspended how does a team, a player and more importantly the fans really get passed this. This is not the Wayne Rooney story of years ago who clearly wanted more money, this is a player who acted in the most unprofessional way imaginable. We have no striker in other than MBokani but with one up front will Grabban really return to the fold ahead of MBokani, Jerome then Hooper and we always have Lafferty if needed.

The bids reported by Sky for Naismith, Gayle, Walters and then interest for Murray show blind panic and no cohesive it definitive approach. We now have Bassonn, Martin (playing his career at right back until recent) and the enigma that is Ryan Bennett at centre back in a defence that is proven to leak goals and has already been relegated. We have had all summer to rectify our obvious priority. Then unexplainable we sell Bradley Johnson out of no where, our player of the season who scored 15 goals last season. Goals like this are hard to come by. Bradley is a true professional who gave his all for the club. Hughton suffocated everyone offensively but Bradley worked hard and has ended end product for a man in his peak. First game was not great but how can we be so flippant to disregard him after that one game, it''s saddening and £6m does not go far as we know these days, blimey Jacob Butterfield was £4m and is not a patch on our midfield warrior.

I only want the best for this club but am deeply worried and think McNally is culpable for a lot of this, had we acted sooner arguably we would of not been in Championship last season. In addition this man is getting richer and richer with insane bonuses while using fans as cash cows, increasing ticket prices, increasing memberships, having a one kit for one season policy, bringing three kits out which are all yellow and green which again makes a mockery of the club. The ability to hand plastics memberships for one game to go to play-off shows the mercenary nature of him.

Yes, he''s sooooooo to blame for all our troubles. Debt free, four years out of five in the PL, a squad that has got progressively stronger as time goes on.  In between, three promotions including one of the most exciting season''s we''ve seen in years for goals, with a Wembley visit to remember forever.  No, it''s not been a totally smooth ride, but really, I ask you, on balance - and given where we are now......we should be building a statue to him rather than knocking him down.  No, he''s not perfect, but football isn''t that easy - and on balance I would say he has been the main reason we are where we are now.   In the top league......again.

You obviously have the inability to read.

Success is down to Paul Lambert on the field and the beauty the rewards bring with it. Was McNally giving dressing room talks at halftime then?

If we go down again this window will be our downfall. Not addressing our defence is a massive concern.

Arguably we wouldn''t need one of the promotions you listed on your three or the Wembley experience had he acted sooner.

[quote user="RuelFox"]You obviously have the inability to read.

Success is down to Paul Lambert on the field and the beauty the rewards bring with it. Was McNally giving dressing room talks at halftime then?

If we go down again this window will be our downfall. Not addressing our defence is a massive concern.

Arguably we wouldn''t need one of the promotions you listed on your three or the Wembley experience had he acted sooner.[/quote]If it was YOUR club Ruel, who would you replace him with who you know would do a better job.Name names!

[quote user="RuelFox"]You obviously have the inability to read.

Arguably we wouldn''t need one of the promotions you listed on your three or the Wembley experience had he acted sooner.[/quote]

You obviously have the inability to understand simple processes. Who was responsible for Paul Lambert''s apointment?  

"This transfer window again has been farcical, we are the embarrassment of the tabloids and broadsheets...."You obviously don''t read the newspapers then.

I thought it might be this one:

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend

But it turned out to be this one:

Macclesfield canary / Grantham canary / MrMcGoo1809 / Paris Lees Missing Tackle / RUELFOX / Aces high / Izaak Hunt / Hughtons P45.2 / mungo bumpkin / Acolyte / Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán / lappy''s homeboy / GC / Norfolk Canary / jaemae2 / Maccy''s Back / jdawg32 / Hoolahan''s Left Foot / Mike Hunt

There''s more out than in

Good post Fox,

I agree with most of it and that we are now stagnant as a club. Happy to be in a and out of the Prem as long as we don''t go over budget, christ, even the championship clubs show more ambition.

[quote user="dibbler"]Good post Fox,

I agree with most of it and that we are now stagnant as a club. Happy to be in a and out of the Prem as long as we don''t go over budget, christ, even the championship clubs show more ambition.[/quote]

[:D] Yep, good thinking. That''ll be why they are in the championship then.....

Can''t disagree with any of that Ruel. Bang on the money my friend with every point you make there especially:

"We spend £9m on Ricky and that appears to make us scared ever to spend money again."

You did miss out the bizarre sacking of Neil Adam''s number 2 (can''t remember his name) after defeat away at Forest and the subsequent appointment of Phelan as his replacement only for him to go too after AN''s appointment!

Hmm lots to address there, yes mistakes were made but you are mainly just twisting situations out of his control to fit your argument. In the majority he has done a great job and earned every penny and deserves to get rich off of his success. Especially as he is one of the most vital people at the club and earns nowhere near what a lot players have been paid for far less effectiveness.

McNally was considered successful at Celtic and Fulham where he left of his own accord with rumours of becoming Arsenal CEO so don''t get why you would bring up previous jobs in this.

You can say he got lucky with Lambert but really it was a great choice and Lambert left because we were always a stepping stone and he was fiercely ambitious and saw an opportunity to improve his own career. As for that rise being the only reason we are debt free you should consider that McNally restructured the debt so we didn''t have to spend so much on servicing it until the premier league giving us chance to have a budget big enough to fund that rise and the Managers ambitions. Also what you later go on to complain about in regards to kits every year etc. that also increases revenue for the club giving us more chance to compete financially.

The majority were happy when Hughton was appointed, he steadied the ship but could have been better handled later on. Adams was wrong but that happens he won''t get every Manager right and we now have a good one. 3 out of 4 is pretty good.

Joe Royle, didn''t he have a sick family member and decided to move back up North? Not sure how that''s McNallys fault.

Incoming and outgoing players the Manager has final say on. McNally and his team then work to the effect of negotiating the deal and we were no laughing stock in any newspaper I read. If Alex Neil wanted to keep Johnson he would still be here. To say that people are judging on one game he played this season is crazy, he has already played in three premier league seasons.

Grabban behaving that way is clearly imaginable as it happened and isn''t the first player to want out and not get his own way. He will be back playing as he is a good option and why would you sell him to a rival, as you said he was a fool to let Bassong go to a rival why do the same there.

I am assuming the OP is just an Ipswich fan trolling. But if you are a Norwich fan and "supported" the club during the tough years, let me ask you this...After the Colchester game, if I told you that within 2 years we would be back in the Premier League, we would spend 3 seasons there, clear all our debt (lets not forget we''d have gone into administration if it wasn''t for McNally and Bowkett), get relegated but then go straight back up with a play off semi final win against Ipswich and a day out at Wembley that will live long in the memories of Norwich fans,  would you have taken it? Or would you have simply cried about us not paying 15m for Brady?

Grabban would have given Bournemouth a decent back up to Wilson and improve their squad giving them more chance. Like him or not he is the good player.

As for McNally and Arsenal do a quick search. You will find plenty of links in mainstream media. It was widely reported.

"Who is Smudger?"

"ruthers1."

Wrong again Tilly. I don''t remember Smudger being at the Rhone Poulenc (May & Baker) social club for the inaugural pink un posters meeting back in the noughties do you? In fact from what I remember of Smudger on here he wouldn''t know the meaning of the word inaugural let alone be able to use it in a sentence! But you and I were certainly there Tilly along with Jez the Barclay King or whatever he called himself back then, Kathy Blake and a handful of others, possibly ''Happy Clappy'' Lappy was there too but it was a while ago!

So no, I''m not Smudger - I''m ruthers1 - I''m my own man and have no other accounts on this forum.

Cant be bothered to read this thread once I forced myself to read the opinions of the OP

I would just say McNally is not the owner of the club. You, OP, are comparing him with club owners. Never mind

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Cant be bothered to read this thread once I forced myself to read the opinions of the OP

I would just say McNally is not the owner of the club. You, OP, are comparing him with club owners. Never mind[/quote]What the OP did was to regard McNally as being solely responsible for all the major decisions, good and bad, made by the club. The OP is wrong about that but at least his belief is more consistent, more sensible and more intellectually honest than claiming McNally should take the credit for the good decisions while absolving him of any blame for the bad and placing all that on the owners.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"I don''t remember Smudger being at the Rhone Poulenc

(May & Baker) social club for the inaugural pink un posters meeting back in

the noughties do you? In fact from what I remember of Smudger on here he

wouldn''t know the meaning of the word inaugural let alone be able to use it in a

sentence! But you and I were certainly there Tilly along with Jez the Barclay

King or whatever he called himself back then, Kathy Blake and a handful of

others, possibly ''Happy Clappy'' Lappy was there too but it was a while

ago!.[/quote]

Not many on that list were at the inaugural PUPs meet Ruthers. Which PUP

were you at that time buddy?