Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

it isn't bad....

[quote user="Herman "]Mulumbu, Dorrans and Brady. Sorry they don''t fit your agenda. And Jarvis is actually a good back up player with plenty of Prem experience.[/quote]

An injured player probably out till December who was released by WBA, Mulumbu might be OK, but not really an improvement on Tettey or Howson, Dorrans is OK, Brady still has a lot to prove, not an improvement on Olsson and certainly not a huge improvement on Johnson from what I''ve seen of him so far. Is he a winger or left back?

And the rest Jarvis is utter rubbish and as I work with a Spammer season ticket holder who couldn''t believe we took a player rejected by two championship sides.

Our net spend was around 7 million and we have kept the disruptive and potentially damaging Grabban, I would say this has been a very poor summer regarding strengthening our squad never mind improving the starting 11, but your opinion is your own and good for you being so happy.

Our saving grace is a very solid midfield if they stay fit who can compete in this league, just a shame they have added pressure of having to try and score 3 goals a game to compensate our piss poor defence no goals scored by a striker yet in the league.

Really pleased your so happy Herman.

Herman wrote the following post at 05/09/2015 6:28 AM:

You sound like my ex-girlfriend Indy.

How had she formed her opinion on Jarvis?

She would have moaned that it wasn''t the player she wanted. Miserable old bag😀

I''m recalled so glad she left you, you would drive anyone mad with you low standards, it''s little wonder she left you, if your happy to accept third rate cast offs.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]POTS should not have been sold..wtf ..are you that dumb to know that, if you managed any team would you sell the player who did most to get you promoted..no his move if he requested it should have been blocked just as all the ones we bid for were blocked by their managers, but we have a Yes Yes sale policy. For me..Bradley over Tetty anytime, one who doesnt score for one who scores regulary...logic speaks here[/quote]Totally agree.PS. Jas you''re a complete tit at times!

The key thing is that competition for places has now been reduced. This could allow some regulars to become complacent but also for us to be short when we hit injuries and suspensions.

Selling Johnson without adequate replacement for him was thus a bad move. It''s just made Mulumbu and Tettey''s life easier and our chances of staying up tougher. Not a good idea IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"]The key thing is that competition for places has now been reduced. This could allow some regulars to become complacent but also for us to be short when we hit injuries and suspensions.

Selling Johnson without adequate replacement for him was thus a bad move. It''s just made Mulumbu and Tettey''s life easier and our chances of staying up tougher. Not a good idea IMO.[/quote]No adequate replacement? This is nonsense. Have you looked at our central midfield in the squad - Tettey, Mulumbu, Howson, Dorrans, O''Neil, Hoolahan and Odjidja-Ofoe - and seen who has been picked to start there in the four Premier League games?  And looked to see that in terms of replacing Johnson as a left-winger - a role for which he was not suited at Premier League level - we now have two genuine articles in Brady and Jarvis?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"]The key thing is that competition for places has now been reduced. This could allow some regulars to become complacent but also for us to be short when we hit injuries and suspensions.

Selling Johnson without adequate replacement for him was thus a bad move. It''s just made Mulumbu and Tettey''s life easier and our chances of staying up tougher. Not a good idea IMO.[/quote]No adequate replacement? This is nonsense. Have you looked at our central midfield in the squad - Tettey, Mulumbu, Howson, Dorrans, O''Neil, Hoolahan and Odjidja-Ofoe - and seen who has been picked to start there in the four Premier League games?  And looked to see that in terms of replacing Johnson as a left-winger - a role for which he was not suited at Premier League level - we now have two genuine articles in Brady and Jarvis?[/quote]

Not all of those midfielders are relevant as Johnson was mainly a defensive midfielder. We have been weakened in that area and that is my point.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"]The key thing is that competition for places has now been reduced. This could allow some regulars to become complacent but also for us to be short when we hit injuries and suspensions.

Selling Johnson without adequate replacement for him was thus a bad move. It''s just made Mulumbu and Tettey''s life easier and our chances of staying up tougher. Not a good idea IMO.[/quote]No adequate replacement? This is nonsense. Have you looked at our central midfield in the squad - Tettey, Mulumbu, Howson, Dorrans, O''Neil, Hoolahan and Odjidja-Ofoe - and seen who has been picked to start there in the four Premier League games?  And looked to see that in terms of replacing Johnson as a left-winger - a role for which he was not suited at Premier League level - we now have two genuine articles in Brady and Jarvis?[/quote]

Not all of those midfielders are relevant as Johnson was mainly a defensive midfielder. We have been weakened in that area and that is my point.[/quote]At the very least we have replaced him with Mulumbu so we haven''t been weakened there, and out wide-left, which is where he started his one PL game so far, we have replaced him with two people actually suited to that position. Johnson may have joined us with the reputation as a defensive midfielder but that wasn''t how he was mainly used last season, either in the centre or on the left  - hence the goal tally. And all the signs this season were that if he was going to be fitted into the starting line-up it would continue to be as a square peg in a round hole on the left.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="whoareyou"]I suspect Johnson had a get-out clause in his contract that if someone came in and offered £6 million+ he could go.[/quote]We need for the truth to emerge. If there is anything in these rumours that are flying around then the club may have been in a no win situation.I was very sad to see Johno go but if he is the one that blotted his copybook then while I would still be unhappy I would at least have some understanding as to why this all happened.[/quote]I think we might have a long wait Ricardo.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"]The key thing is that competition for places has now been reduced. This could allow some regulars to become complacent but also for us to be short when we hit injuries and suspensions.

Not all of those midfielders are relevant as Johnson was mainly a defensive midfielder. We have been weakened in that area and that is my point.[/quote]At the very least we have replaced him with Mulumbu so we haven''t been weakened there, and out wide-left, which is where he started his one PL game so far, we have replaced him with two people actually suited to that position. Johnson may have joined us with the reputation as a defensive midfielder but that wasn''t how he was mainly used last season, either in the centre or on the left  - hence the goal tally. And all the signs this season were that if he was going to be fitted into the starting line-up it would continue to be as a square peg in a round hole on the left.[/quote]

Well, surely that shows that BJ was a versatile midfielder that can score goals who we have replaced by a player that gets sent off for kicking a ball at a player and getting red cards !! That''s when he''s not injured. Thus weakened !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8bqqL2dnr8

Indy wrote: ".......Our saving grace is a very solid midfield if they stay fit who can compete in this league, just a shame they have added pressure of having to try and score 3 goals a game to compensate our piss poor defence".

Can someone explain to me how it is possible to see our midfield as "very solid" while at the same time complaining about "our piss poor defence"? Most of our goals conceded, including set piece goals, actually come from errors by midfielders. Our defence in open play without the ball consists of nine players, not four.