Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Doom and gloom already!

In mid-bloomin''-July! Sheesh! Can''t you guys go back to bed for just a little while longer?

Yes, the squad is way too small. Yes, we''re losing another midfielder and our emergency, last-ditch right back. But there is still three and a half weeks until the new season, and until the end of August to get in new players. 

If we''re in the same position this time in three and a half weeks, yes I''ll be seriously concerned. But right now I''m contend to simply watch and wait and pray Worthy is doing something, somewhere!  

I agree, we are moving big earners off the books who quite frankly under performed last season & I am sure that in the next few days players will be brought in who will excite us & make a squad better than last seasons. I as much as anyone want to see new faces but Patience is a virtue.

[quote]I agree, we are moving big earners off the books who quite frankly under performed last season & I am sure that in the next few days players will be brought in who will excite us & make a squa...[/quote]

Underperformed? The ones that didn''t get a game until it was too late (Helveg) and the ones who were played out of position (Jonson)?

Yeah good one. I think you''ll find the manager ''underperformed''

And heaven forbid, give one of our youngsters an opportunity, after all, isn''t that the whole idea of the academy!

Well done mate, totally agree. This is no different to what Worthy normally does, keep his cards fairly close to his chest, and go from there. I don''t expect anybody to come in until after the Holland trip, and then I''m sure that by the time August comes round he''ll have it sorted.
The players that have gone wouldn''t have been first choices this season(Helveg apart) so the spine of the team is still there. Yes it needs back-up players in case of injuries, but as someone else stated, whats the point of the academy if we''re not gonna play any of them.

Three subjects here:

The point of the academy is to find decent young prospects, not cattle to the sluaghter of the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea.  I don''t know why so many people bang on about academy players, none that I have seen have been good enough........yet!  Apart from maybe Jarvis who has shown some potential.   Throwing them in too early can destroy their confidence and can somtimes be a negative effect on development.

Agree with previous poster, Helveg and Jonson didn''t under perform, they were played either out of position or not given enough games.   Jonson is a striker, when did he play upfront?  Helveg never played any worse than Eddy and didn''t get anywhere near as many games in his preferred position.

I also agree that all this moaning is annoying.  There is plenty of time to sort our squad out and I am convinced that Nigel has an ace up his sleeve.