Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Academy news and more work for Neil Adams

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-next-generation-blog-2667819.aspx

Glad I wasn''t the only one who thought that despite losing 0-3 to PSV our U21s played quite well. Gregg thinks better than against Chelsea when I thought we were easily the better side. That just shows how good PSV actually were and they do play in the Dutch equivalent of our Championship. Obviously that''s a much more competitive league than our u21s. So it makes sense to try and get a few more out on loan. I think Connor McGandles especially would benefit from a loan to a more competetive league.

Whilst I thought we played slightly better than against Chelsea, PSV were clearly a class apart particularly with ball control and passing, I lost count of the number of times that the ball bounced three yards away from one of our players after their attempt at controlling it. Maybe it was because PSV were so good that it stuck out, mind you their lad up front apparently scored about 20 goals last season in their league so they were very much more experienced than our lads.

Doesn''t bode well for Chelsea youth though who I thought were lucky to get a point!

That was my thinking Rivvo. But I think because PSV play in a far more competitive league their players were much sharper/match fitter than ours. That''s why I think the loans are of more use to our best youngsters than U21 games. I think U21 is a standard to step up to after U18s but we should be looking to loan out players who have already done a season at U21 level. Ultimately it would be great if the U21s played in a more competitive league like PSV''s do.