Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 5

Welcome one and all to week five of our Rays funds season. This week we

have Parma in charge and making the final selections. I’ve been looking forward

to Parma making the picks since he joined us last year. He’s been brilliant for

our team with his Picks, support and of course his help to me in setting up the

profitability stats. Parma is also a top poster on this message board. I’ve

learnt much from his tactical master classes and long may they continue.

Of course this is the first international weekend of the season so many

of our usual hunting grounds are unavailable to us. There’s no requirement to

pick international matches though. The only requirement is that games should be

played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend and be listed on the Bill Hill or Bet365

web sites. I’m glad Parma agreed to do this weekend because I think he is just

the PUP for the job. If anyone can follow up Trent’s great win last week it’s

Parma. So let’s help him with our very best selections. Obviously there’s no

Norwich game this weekend so all our efforts can go towards helping Parma.

Don’t forget are planning a PUPs meet and trophy presentation in the

Nelson after the Bournemouth game on Sat 12/09. If you’re at this game please

try and make it to say hello. Our focus has always been to support the club and

now the CSF too but another great offshoot of this has been the friendships

made through these wonderful threads started by my buddy Ray. Perhaps we could

get together again before Christmas. I did wonder about an evening of ten pin

bowling? Would anyone be up for that?

Ill hand the thread over to Parma

now. Remember theres no pressure

because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all

stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports

Foundation.

Good luck all you PUPs... Buona fortuna amico mio, take it away Parma

... the thread is yours....... [:)].......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always I

leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,4, Blahblahblah,

NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3, Norfolkchance1,2,

Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,3, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,3,

NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,2, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo,2,

Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2,

SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District Canary, yes

Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £1064 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb, Redders Right Foot, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,

Crabbycanary,2, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf,

Lappinitup, NWC, Wes Hooly Fan, Twidio, Ray, PUPanon, yes PUPs £403 for the

Community Sports Foundation.

And with £553

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £4063.

since we began of which £538 already

banked for the next presentation.

Off to Argentina this week, where i expect ROSARIO to beat ARSENAL.

Good luck pups!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Don’t forget are planning a PUPs meet and trophy presentation in the

Nelson after the Bournemouth game on Sat 12/09. If you’re at this game please

try and make it to say hello and congratulations to Tilly. [;)]

[/quote]

Selfies and autographs can be done after the formalities. [:D]

I''ve had a dreadful start so far, hoping to kick start my season with a match from England''s qualifying group...

Switzerland v Slovenia - Home Win

Buona fortuna Parma, and all you PUPs.

PS Please tell me a selfie with JT is not compulsory on the 12th!!!

A very good evening to you Nutty and wishing very good luck to Parma and all you other lovely PUPs out there.Off to Jockland and a HOME WIN for RANGERS v Raith.

In bocca al lupo, Parma!In honour of our new striker, I wish to back the Democratic Republic of Congo to win their African Nations Cup qualifier away to the Central African Republic. With a whopping 110 places between them in the (admittedly rather dubious) FIFA world rankings, an away win looks very likely here - their opponents lost 4-0 to Angola in their opening match. Odds of 19/20 with Bill Hill seem generous.

Montenegro to beat Liechtenstein please

A bit embarrassed I don''t know where Liechtenstein is, but their current form is bad and I suspect Montenegro will want to avenge the 0-0 away last year.
Good luck, especially if you choose my pick :-)

Recent results and forthcoming fixtures[edit]

Buonasera tutti! 👏🎉🍻💰⚽️🍝

Typically generous introduction Nutella, though I think it worth re-stating how worthy, entertaining, stimulating and positive these threads are.

They are not only a credit to you personally, with your enthusiasm, selflessness and dynamism a key driver for the threads, but they encourage all us Pups to show ourselves in our best light, to be warm and perhaps contribute something to others , to think of things beyond ourselves.

Taking a little of the spirit of these threads in everything we all write on this message board would be a fitting thank you to Nigel.

Parma

International week is a little tricky, though I think focusing on games that really matter may be a good starting point.

It is early in the season in many leagues, much later in others, whilst some have hardly kicked a ball, and some International sides are typically good/poor starters. For those Pups so inclined, some historical / Statistical research might yield pattern...

Ironically England tend to be strong, fresh and athletically vibrant at this time of year....Italy not so much....

Parma

I''m going to plump for LINFIELD to win away at Ballinamallard Utd.

Not a huge price at 1/3 but Linfield have started with 5 straight wins scoring 18 times in the process. Ballinamallard sounds like some form of duck torture, hopefully Linfield can inflict some footballing punishment upon them.

Good Luck Parma!!!

North of the border for me this week and the Scottish Championship where Rangers looked nailed on to win but are a poor 1/7 so.....Dunbarton vs Alloa  Home win for Dunbarton at 10/11Good luck Palma

Quite a few international bankers today and tomorrow I note...shame they''re off limits...

Nice Irish picks chums, the best leagues to pick from are always those with a disparity of resources from top to bottom and/or a couple of clubs who dominate leagues where TV revenues are unevenly distributed..not too many of those his week...

Definitely a week for our obscure, off-the-beaten-track games.....anyone? Purpurea Canarino mi senti....?..

Parma 🌴🌱🌵🌴🌍🌅🍝🍷

Thanks for the Irish steer Parma. I tend ignore the Republic because their games are usually Friday. But there''s some Saturday fixture this weekend. I''m going with  Dundalk. 7/20 on Bill Hill looks good for a side top of the league with a home record of P13 W10 D2 L1 F34 A7. Their visitors Sligo have an away record of P12 W2 D2 L8 F14 A24.

Dundalk            v            Sligo Rovers          Home win.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Quite a few international bankers today and tomorrow I note...shame they''re off limits...

Nice Irish picks chums, the best leagues to pick from are always those with a disparity of resources from top to bottom and/or a couple of clubs who dominate leagues where TV revenues are unevenly distributed..not too many of those his week...

Definitely a week for our obscure, off-the-beaten-track games.....anyone? Purpurea Canarino mi senti....?..

Parma 🌴🌱🌵🌴🌍🌅🍝🍷[/quote]Four possibles in the German Oberliga already, Parma, but I hope to go even more exotic than that! I trust you won''t be picking too early tomorrow?

I''m desperate to do well and make some money for the CSF, especially as everything I''ve touched has turned toxic business-wise this week.

The lawyers are (unintentionally) upsetting our key clients, Too much testosterone flying around on another deal and favourite assets being sold off......sleepless nights...

I''m determined to save all the good stuff for the CSF and to bring some happy feelings to the party. To that end I''ll double the stake this week and see if redemption can be found....

Parma 👏🎉☺️💰⚽️🌍💃

I''m a big fan of Germany and Germans generally Purple, awesome people. Love their coaching structures and professionalism too. Mentality, organisation, discipline and repetition coupled with a willingness to empirically face weaknesses and work on them.

Am a bit of a night owl, so will be picking late tomorrow eve, though will give Nutella time to stroll into his local Coral and play a few spins on the one-armed bandit, chat up the wizened, nicotine-stained, tunic-wearing Wendy behind the counter and drop a pony on a nag at North Ferriby...

Parma

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]H, can''t find Bosnia vs Andorra... Where is..?

Parma[/quote]

It''s on Sunday Parma. The odds should appear tomorrow after Bosnia have played belgium tonight.

I knew you were good for this week. You''re all over it Parma[Y] You deserve for the double bet to be succeessful already. Thanks buddy.