Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Out of contract players

Does anyone have an idea where we can see who is out of contract at the moment? Off the top of my head, Nolan is, as was Barton until recently, but there must be others who could fill a (defensive) gap that we seem to have in our squad.

I did also wonder who ''counts'': presumably any player who is released by mutual consent would become available at that point, and this can happen at any time. With the naming of 25 man squads, I did wonder whether there might be players to pick up at that point - not that we would/could/should go for him, I noticed that Ashley Cole has been left out of Roma''s league and euro squads, so it isn''t just going to be rubbish players.

Martin Taylor, is that the big old centre half unit that came here on loan all those years ago , he must be getting on a bit now .

Otsemobor , oh how we thought we had brought in a good un when we signed him .

And if we are truly desperate theres old Titus Bumble with all his top flight experience .

Jesus how did it get so bad we are looking at these type of lists , we are supposed to be Premier League.

That list seems ancient anyway, the latest info for instance on Tamas Kadar comes from 2012, he played at least for three clubs since then, and currently plays for Lech Poznan.

Yohan Gourcuff - would be a great addition to our attack if could keep fit and afford wages.

Ron Vlaar - serious injury but would be a real coup to our defence, not sure we could afford his wage or even if he would be interested.

Wilson Palacios - Good cover for when Tettey is banned and Mulumbu is injured.

Dwight Tiendalli - premier league experience would be good cover at full back.

Emmanuel Eboué - would be an upgrade on Whittaker and likes to get forward.

Surely Kevin Nolan, Ravel Morrison or Ben Arfa would be worth a punt on a free? Ravel Morrison looked very good for a while, if anyone could get him to knuckle down it would be Alex ''I''ll break your balls" Neil! Doesn''t solve the defensive problem though...

I saw Marvin Sordell was released as well, could he do a job as a fourth striker were we to send Grabban out on loan?

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]Surely Kevin Nolan, Ravel Morrison or Ben Arfa would be worth a punt on a free? Ravel Morrison looked very good for a while, if anyone could get him to knuckle down it would be Alex ''I''ll break your balls" Neil! Doesn''t solve the defensive problem though...

I saw Marvin Sordell was released as well, could he do a job as a fourth striker were we to send Grabban out on loan?[/quote]

Ravel Morrison is at Lazio...

I doubt we will be looking at this list, I imagine the party line will be we will go with what we''ve got.

Mazuch, 6ft. 2in, played for Fiorentina, Anderlecht, Dnipro. 26 yrs old, about the only free CB in EU under 30. Begs the question why is he a free. maybe given up on football or just plain useless?

Collins has only got a year left on his contact at West Ham. Is it theoretically possible that this could be cancelled by mutual consent, freeing him up to sign a longer deal with a club who''d ballsed up in their search for reinforcements?

Wouldn''t necessarily have to be him of course; just asking generally, as the current list of freebies isn''t attractive.

That is some skip Norfolk.

How about this chap

"Swansea announce the signing of Andre Ayew on a four-year-deal"

Iwan''s Big Toe wrote the following post at 03/09/2015 10:43 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Is this a bit like going through somebody else''s skip?

I''ve made a quite a few quid going through someone''s skip.

Give McNally a call.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Yobo was amazing (given his age) the last time he played for us. Is he still capable of playing to that standard again?[/quote]I was certainly amazed by some of his performances but not sure it is in the same way you mean...Id go for palacios or nolan on a freebie, and also is guy demel still about on a free? He can play multiple positions and whilst equally crap in most of them at least he allows flexibility!

Fuzzar, I think the player has to be out of contract before the transfer window closes for a subsequent loan to be allowed, which would seem to rule Collins out.

Whoever mentioned Gourcuff – would be amazing, but apparently he''s going to sign for Rennes. Vlaar may not be fit again until January, so I think we''d be better off taking a punt on the Czech guy as backup if AN feels it necessary.

Yobo was amazing. Was he ? I remember him being ok, don''t remember him being amazing.

Not a chance in hell we will be signing a midfielder like Nolan, don''t need him. Not with the numbers we have especially as vadis will be back in a month after getting a months game time in getting up to match fit.

I would be pretty certain we won''t be signing anyone on a free.

I don''t think that we can sign anybody now until January regardless of contract situation as the registration window is also shut, The only exception is a emergency loan sanctioned by the fa, i could be wrong though