Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

"He's servied his time, he's apologised, let's get behind him"

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]To all those who want to keep him here may i just ask what would your view be if we had lost that League Cup game at Rotherham due to his antics.Yes we managed to win but with just one striker RVW being in the 18 man squad it could so easily have gone pear shaped. His behaviour left Alex Neil in a tight spot that evening and Grabban quite plainly had no regard that night for his team mates or the 1029 fans who made the trip.[/quote]Hoolahan came back in from the cold, why can''t Grabban?He showed a similar disregard for the club.[/quote]I cannot recall Wes having a hissy fit on the day of the game and stomping off.[/quote]No, not exactly that, but he did call the club "$hit" and did his best to try and force a move away.Why is it so different?[/quote]The spat that Wes had was not hours before kick off in a hotel at an away game surrounded by his team mates.Wes looks though he was influenced by his agent trying through the press to engineer a move but Grabban to me anyway looks like an on the spot sulk and off he went.[/quote]Hmmmm, bit of double standards there.Strange though, knowing the type of guy Alex Neil is, had Grabban so offended everyone, you would have thought the club would have jumped at the chance to get rid of him, especially for the reported price of 7 million.

The fact he''s had more red cards than goals since the end of February last years is more the issue to why he should be left out the team to me.

I don''t see any difference between what Wes did and Grabban have done and any issues / rumours to have influenced them to do what they did, should have been dealt with outside the public eye.

The difference is that Wes is a far better player and more critical to us than Grabban.

Shouldve sold him for £5mil won''t get that for him ever again. Get rid ASAP. Does not matter how.

[quote user="gitto"]Shouldve sold him for £5mil won''t get that for him ever again. Get rid ASAP. Does not matter how.[/quote]Huzzah! [Y]

[quote user="gitto"]Shouldve sold him for £5mil won''t get that for him ever again. Get rid ASAP. Does not matter how.[/quote]Weird eh? Why do you think we didn''t sell him then?

Because he wasn''t the one in the wrong, yes he left the hotel without permission but none of us know what actually happened or what was said before he left. Maybe he left for the good of the team and BJ''s health, who knows!?

As for comparing it to Wes, surely what Wes did was worse, not sure I''ve heard Grabban say anything derogatory about our fine city, in fact he hasn''t said anything.

To many on here make assumptions about why he did what he did and he''s the club should have said something but the fact they haven''t tells you it''s a "personal matter" and therefore the club won''t talk about it.

Let''s out this to bed, AN clearly feels he didn''t want to or need to sell him so let''s get behind him and for once support a player who maybe, just maybe needs it!

For me he has been punished by the club, so regardless of behind the scene rumours, he did something wrong by reacting how he did, letting the club down.

Had we got Gayle, Grabban would have been back at Blurnemouth I believe.

I''m not fussed as he''s really not done much recently and will be behind two others now and maybe even Laffs.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Because he wasn''t the one in the wrong, yes he left the hotel without permission but none of us know what actually happened or what was said before he left. Maybe he left for the good of the team and BJ''s health, who knows!?

As for comparing it to Wes, surely what Wes did was worse, not sure I''ve heard Grabban say anything derogatory about our fine city, in fact he hasn''t said anything.

To many on here make assumptions about why he did what he did and he''s the club should have said something but the fact they haven''t tells you it''s a "personal matter" and therefore the club won''t talk about it.

Let''s out this to bed, AN clearly feels he didn''t want to or need to sell him so let''s get behind him and for once support a player who maybe, just maybe needs it![/quote]Huzzah![Y]

Cheers Morty....

People should put themselves in his shoes and see how they''d react!

Personally I also think the club/AN has handled it well, you remove the ''alleged'' problem from the situation, not the person who was wronged.....would happen in any other profession and I can''t see AN wanting that kind of thing going on within his team, he''s always said he wants players that fit the group, as soon as one deviated from that ethos then he was removed, with a better sales value that any of us would he genuinely expected to get got him!

He is a League 1 player and the only reason he was not sold is because the Gayle transfer fell through . We do not need the likes of him in the side, not good enough with a bad attitude and if he does start I hope he gets plenty of bile thrown at him . Sooner he is sold the better and if Hooper gets sent out on loan while Grabban stays I will seriously start to question whether Neil is the right man for the job .

Yeah but if and i say again if my story has legs it will take more than a ''wee word'', the cold stare and curly finger so sort him out.

Is the fact that it was Bournemouth who were interested in him the reason why we didn''t sell? Why would we sell one of our goalscorers to a team who are likely to be in and around our end of the league table?

I''m not sure I totally buy into this as we could have replaced him with a ''better'' player in Gayle or Naismith, but at the same time, why make one of our rivals stronger?

Think this debate has gone on for a long time.

His actions were childish and actions he may have been advised to take or ones I never thought I would see with NCFC.

He let everybody down, publicly... whatever was happening privately he did not feel in the right place to say to the club. But maybe he did earlier as I always thought it was strange that Bournemouth came in so early for Grabban.

For playing ability I would have sold him, even if it was Bournemouth. I do not think he would be the difference or become a great striker. We would have nipped this in the bud instead we have something lingering that we should have dealt with and found a replacement.

Without the replacement we have a tough one and I hope we can get beyond it with a win against Bournemouth and a run of results and performances that put Grabban away from the starting XI. Hopefully a move for him in January can be sanctioned as it is what this could do psychologically to the group that is more my worry.