Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Clark

NORWICH v dereham

any off you that went to the game last night?? if so what are  your opinions on the game? new players? and youngsters coming through?

stu

[quote]Jarrett looked very handy, and Thorne looks better than Svensson.[/quote]

With respect Peter, Dereham are hardly Leeds or Wolves, are they now?.

True, but he impressed more than the majority of the Norwich City players on show, regardless of the opposition.

Yep i was their last night.. jarrett was head and shoulders above anyone else in midfield.. mckenzie still needs to work on his first touch.. thorne ok.. huckerby was outstanding.. mcveigh done ok.. youngsters did''nt do anything to look at..

Good work out for the players.

Thorne does indeed look like a bargain, and Jarrett did boss the midfield.

Louis Jean put some good balls in from the right hand side though, although he did have plenty of space to run into. Somebody who can cross the ball accurately and quickly, shock horror!!

Strong, quick, hard, just what we need, and he does not run away from players whilst facing them sideways. Good piece of business by the club. 

Re prospects, our first goal was well taken.

The real test is of course in a few weeks time, but it was good to see the players back in action.

Strange formation in the second half.

Hucks up front with Thorne (who looked quite good). Hucks kept popping up all over the place and really looked up for it, had a right go at the lino at one point and was told by the ref to keep it down, then retaliated when Derehams number 2 scythed him down on the left touchline. Jarvis played sort of left midfield with Drury behind him, but Eagle spent a lot of time on the left as well. Cave-Brown was quite impressive made some good overlaps and is fairly quick. Jarrett looked good in the 1st half and was all over the pitch. MLJ made some good runs down the right, got stuck in and was surprisingly very good in the air. Ashton and Leon just seemed to be going through the motions, good penalty from Deano though, but he did miss a sitter just before it. Keeper made a good save when one on one with Deano as well. Damo did alright and was given a reasonable reception by the crowd and had one effort just over the bar. Must say that the Dereham players did get stuck in a bit too strongly at times, hence Flems broken nose.

As for the youngsters Cave-Brown has always impressed in the reserves, gets up and down well, strong in the tackle, could possibly do a job there in the fizzy. Eagle is always busy nice for him to get a goal even if it was due to a terrible error by the keeper, bit lightweight and needs to sort out his hair! Halliday centre back, don''t really know what to make of him yet, so skinny and legs like crazy legs crane!

A nice evening out even if you couldn''t see much from the sidelines.

Peter

Cant you get them to get rid of the ''Last Result Fulham 6 Norwich 0'' from the home page now. It has been bugging me all summer.

Wiz, just try and be happy. We know that Dereham aren''t our standard but we did win, our new lads looked good & you can''t really ask for more than that.  Well, YOU probably will.

Thanks for the updates guys, sounds like our new signings are positive from the early signs.

How did young Rossi Jarvis look? I have heard good things about him, but thought he was a left back not a mid-fielder.

cheers guys and girls lots of valuable information there. Glad to here all of the sighnings played well. I am very pleased with the signings. I think Jarret looks a very good player and i have admired louis-jeans ability to defend and get forward for many a year now. And in thorne we have an able back up for ashton/mckenzie! i think he has proven in the past that if he gets games he will score 10/15 goals a season

good work nigel!

[quote]As you wish Kathy. And who''s "them"?[/quote]

Thank you Peter. ''Them'' was my way of saying that I wasnt suggesting it was your fault it hadnt been done.

Yep, I was there last night.Thought they all played pretty well. Was surprised to see Greeno in goal second half.

Rossi Jarvis looks good, he looks and plays just like Bentley!

Huckerby looked very well toned and up for it

Yes Francis put in 110% more effort than that dreaded game I am not going to mention!

Who was the ''pretty boy'' with all the hair who played in the second half?

[quote]Also, there''s no-one quicker at our club than Louis-Jean![/quote]

Is that a FACT then Pete? Has he raced the Huckster?