Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Now the window is shut lets get redmonds contract sealed !

Because lets face it that''s the last thing we need now his contract is coming up to less than two years lets give him a good contract before anyone starts sniffing round ..

the price other clubs are asking for their young English players if we let him leave cheap that would be the biggest crime !

I hope you know that Johnson signed a new contract keeping here until 2018 only a few weeks ago and look how that has ended. [:(]

Surprised you are still about at 7pm Wiz because if you intend to keep this up tomorrow an early night is a must. [;)]

Redmond should be in the full England squad - a superb last few games last season, then best England player in the under 21''s. 2 goals already in the premiership - What does he have to do?I If he played for Liverpool Reserves he would be in the England first team.

Woy is supposed to be bringing through young players, that is why England have been rubbish in the last few tournaments.

He has already been unfair to Ruddy and Holt ( just before his transfer request)

Players are going to take international recognition into account before coming to or staying at a club .

So Woy is messing up our club, I will support Scotland

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I hope you know that Johnson signed a new contract keeping here until 2018 only a few weeks ago and look how that has ended. [:(][/quote]

Yep it meant we got potentially £7.5m for a player who was going to be on the bench for most of the season, rather than £1-2m.

I would imagine that his agent is advising him to wait until the end of the season to consider a new contract. If we go down then he''ll be off and with a year left on his contract his value will be less than it is now.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I wonder if our recent transfer window has increased or decreased the likelihood of Redmond, potentially our most valuable asset, of signing a new contract?[/quote]

Since the players and their agents will have a much sounder appreciation than moaning fans of the good business done in this window, it is far more likely to have increased than decreased the chances of Redmond agreeing a new contract.

A bit of a tenuous link, but thought it''d be relevant here rather than starting a new thread.Roy Hodgson has said that he wants Jack Grealish to commit his future to England, so he has ''a year to knock one or two players off their perch''. Having previously spoken very highly of Redmond and with him continuing to impress in the U21s, maybe he will consider giving him a senior call-up in the final qualifiers? If we draw or better against Switzerland we''ll be guaranteed top spot, which will give Roy a good opportunity to look at uncapped players. If he plays and shines for England before the year is out, I think it will be very difficult to keep him beyond January, let alone next summer. Even though Nathan seems a very level-headed young man, I''d be surprised if his agent was encouraging him to sign a new contract here. If we could get him to sign, though, what a boost that would be for the club!

Yes but Highland, you also claimed Neil Lennon had to be our manager if we wanted to get promoted, etc etc.
So sorry if your typically negative post isn''t taken as seriously as you''d like.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We won''t be able to retain him post-January.[/quote]At the moment this seems the likeliest scenario.

Redmond has been excellent in the last 6 months and he''s becoming the player everyone knew he could be. However, in terms of the England reckoning, he''s not quite the finished article yet as I thought Matt Targett showed by making him look quite ordinary at times against Southampton (even if we were short handed numbers wise).

I think retaining him until the end of the season is imperative as he''s likely to hold the key to our survival hopes and then it makes sense to sell at that time.

Sadly, I can''t see a scenario in which he''ll agree a new contract and to be honest he''ll have been poorly advised by his agent (financially at least) if he does agree one as they''ll be a lot of clubs sniffing around with great interest who will be able to pay far greater wages than we can.

None of the above is me being defeatist or perpetuating the ''Little Old Norwich'' tagline, it is simply cold reality that all clubs of our size and stature (of which include Southampton despite their recent success) face.

The key is to identify and line up targets for about 2 to 3 transfer windows time who will be able to fill that void in the future. Something this ''football board'' should be doing for every single position (not just a right winger). Someone like Demarai Gray or a player of that ilk would be a fabulous successor to Redmond.

However, given the track record of this football board in the last 3 transfer windows I have no confidence that they will achieve this in the way clubs like Southampton and Swansea have.

Lol, such panic already! If we are still safely mid table in Jan, Redmond will go nowhere. Don''t think he will be off until at least summer. If we stay up, I can''t see him going either barring any silly money (£20m) he likes it here.

Anyway, when he''s put 20 assists on Mbokanis head, he''ll have no reason to leave!