Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Will you forgive grabban

Even if the rumours aren''t true and he just got annoyed at not playing 1st team football?

I mean a lot of us felt the same when Wes handed in his transfer request... He came back better than ever after that !

Despite his goals last season he has not really been taken to by large sections of supporters and his latest spat has just about finished him off here. I really do not want to see him again

[quote user="Wiz"]In time probably yes.[/quote]Does that mean in time you will forgive AN for being a puppet of the Board ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]In time probably yes.[/quote]Does that mean in time you will forgive AN for being a puppet of the Board ?[/quote]That''s still undecided Til.

[quote user="OldRobert"]He shows no love or respect for our club, so why the hell should I?[/quote]Its a job to players, they aren''t fans.An employee and employer relationship, loosely bonded by a contract.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"]He shows no love or respect for our club, so why the hell should I?[/quote]Its a job to players, they aren''t fans.An employee and employer relationship, loosely bonded by a contract.[/quote]Fair enough Morty, forget the love bit, but imo he showed a complete lack of respect for club and team-mates by going AWOL.  Unforgiveable in my book, but then I hold grudges.................[;)]

True for a lot of footballers, but I still think there''s many grounded and normal players out there, Morty. I''m pretty sure Russell Martin sees us more than just his employer, for example.

We''ll never know what exactly has gone on with Grabban, if he performs well for us I''ll cheer him on like I will with the rest of the squad.

we will never find out 100% what went on with Grabbs... rumours will remain just that.it could be that the club is actually public enemy number 1 in all this and Grabban has actually done nothing wrong... how will we ever know? we won''t.if he shows a willingness and aptitude and a hunger to play and do well for us I''m sure we can look above any issue that may have arisen in the past.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"]He shows no love or respect for our club, so why the hell should I?[/quote]Its a job to players, they aren''t fans.An employee and employer relationship, loosely bonded by a contract.[/quote]Fair enough Morty, forget the love bit, but imo he showed a complete lack of respect for club and team-mates by going AWOL.  Unforgiveable in my book, but then I hold grudges.................[;)][/quote]Well I think until we know the exact circumstances around what happened, it may be too soon to judge. Perhaps the truth will come out...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"]He shows no love or respect for our club, so why the hell should I?[/quote]Its a job to players, they aren''t fans.An employee and employer relationship, loosely bonded by a contract.[/quote]Fair enough Morty, forget the love bit, but imo he showed a complete lack of respect for club and team-mates by going AWOL.  Unforgiveable in my book, but then I hold grudges.................[;)][/quote]Well I think until we know the exact circumstances around what happened, it may be too soon to judge. Perhaps the truth will come out...[/quote]It might, but I have a feeling it won''t....................

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]True for a lot of footballers, but I still think there''s many grounded and normal players out there, Morty. I''m pretty sure Russell Martin sees us more than just his employer, for example.

We''ll never know what exactly has gone on with Grabban, if he performs well for us I''ll cheer him on like I will with the rest of the squad.[/quote]I would suspect that 99.9% of players like Russel Martin only give the appearance of loyalty because they are in a situation that suits both them, and the club. He has probably negotiated himself a good contract at the right time, but he fits the type of a player that suits the club, and vice versa.He is the sort of player that other clubs are unlikely to bid for, and would only ever really know how "loyal" he was if a bigger club made a bid.

I''ll "forgive him" because he''s not my mate, he''s a footballer for a team I support.

I remember a Chelsea fan on radio 5 live once said "the fans would cheer ghengis Khan if he scored for their team"

[quote user="ricardo"]To err is humanTo forgive is divine.[/quote]I think I''ll leave that type of forgiveness to a Supreme Being, Ricardo, which I ain''t.[;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="ricardo"]To err is humanTo forgive is divine.[/quote]I think I''ll leave that type of forgiveness to a Supreme Being, Ricardo, which I ain''t.[;)][/quote]Maybe so Old Bob but I''d still like to hear the other side of the story.Nothing is ever all black and white.......except Zebra''s of course.

His name is Lewis Grabban, he scored against the scumAnd when he came to Carrow Rd he scored another oneThe first one was a header, the second with his shinWe all went f**kin mental when the ball just trickled in.[Y] [:D]

Yup. Who knows what went on? We won''t until he writes his book when his playing days are over - so in 7-8 years.

Do I hold it against him? I don''t know what happened.

It''s an odd one, everyone says he wanted away but as of yet there is nothing to link it to that - only journo''s in leading interviews with AN. In some ways, it''s far less of an upset than Hoolahan in that there is no rant at a journo about how NCFC is a "insert inflammatory of your choice"!

So yes, if he knuckles down, gets on with it and AN see''s that he has made amends then good.

He offers far more than a lot of folk on here would like to think he does. He''s still one of our top three strikers on his day, the order of those three is down to him, Jerome and Mbokani.

At least there is two weeks now for the squad to get down to work and AN to work with the new lads and the ones already here alike.

[quote user="lappinitup"]His name is Lewis Grabban, he scored against the scumAnd when he came to Carrow Rd he scored another oneThe first one was a header, the second with his shinWe all went f**kin mental when the ball just trickled in.[Y] [:D][/quote]Words and music by Lappin & McCartney

Being a footballer is just a job - and when we''re not happy in our jobs we look for alternative employment. Unfortunately for Grabban he took the Odemwhinge approach and it''s backfired.

He''s clearly not happy in Norfolk and I feel a bit sorry for him. If this was the other way round and I worked in Bournemouth and had friends and family in Norfolk, so much so that I felt unsettled in Bournemouth, I''d want to head back to Norwich... If I were him, which I''m not.

But he''s worth money and has a contract and that''s the problem.

His situation doesn''t match his wishes or desires and that is why he''s frustrated and angry. I think he''s like Holty was constantly travelling home to see family etc.

If Alex Neil thinks that he''s done enough to be involved with the first team, I''ll trust his judgement and give Grabban the support I''d give any other Norwich player.

Absolutely I will.

He walked away that is all - I much prefer that to him playing on in god knows what state of mind he was in.

Let''s face it, It''s not as if he played, scored on live TV deliberately didn''t celebrate and proceeded to call the club a ******* club is it?

Grabban is a tidy footballer, in fact he''s the best footballer out of all of our strikers, he''s just not the best finisher.

However, I wonder if he had his suspicions when he missed those early chances against Palace, if anything was troubling his mind at the time? Have any of you had issues in your personal life that have affected your profession? I know I have.

Does anyone perhaps remember a certain John Ruddy dropping the ball in to his net last season inexpicably? I know I do.

No, I''m willing to give the guy a second chance. You never know he may just repay us with the goals that keep us up.

If he gets his head down and starts causing havoc for the opposition and scoring goals for City then why not?Who hasn''t had a bit of a spat and fall out with mates and/or their employers at some point in their lives?