Sign in to follow this  
Super-Spidy

Carrow Road on Fifa 16

"It''s look real and amazing and I can''t wait to buy Fifa 16."

You mean there are flasks in the crowd and on 84 minutes there is a mass exodus?

[quote user="ruthers1"]

You mean there are flasks in the crowd and on 84 minutes there is a mass exodus?[/quote]They were probably going to join the one man protest against the board.

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-stadiums

To be fair that looks pretty cool, I might pick up Fifa this year after it drops in price a bit, thanks for letting those interested know.

I need to buy FIFA before January so I can become an expert in transfers before the window shuts.

[quote user="Buh"]I need to buy FIFA before January so I can become an expert in transfers before the window shuts.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]It''s look real and amazing and I can''t wait to buy Fifa 16

I wont buy it, doesn''t work on my Amstrad console apparently[/quote]

Does it work on an Acorn electron or a ZX84? If not I aint getting it.

Some guy comes on here , excited about seeing his club on one of the largest Computer games there has ever been , and played by thousands of people , and gets slaughtered by a load of miserable old gits who presumably think they are all a little bit above such matters.

Here be Dragons.

"I need to buy FIFA before January so I can become an expert in transfers before the window shuts."

I believe that''s Football Manger, people only mention Fifa tongue in cheek.

There''s a reason people look at football manger for info on players they don''t know:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

But they''re idiots, youtube clips are where its at! am I right?

"Some guy comes on here , excited about seeing his club on one of the largest Computer games there has ever been , and played by thousands of people , and gets slaughtered by a load of miserable old gits who presumably think they are all a little bit above such matters. Here be Dragons."

I know it amuses me no end the disdain some of the *cough* older gentleman have for the worlds biggest entertainment industry.

Monty

The last time I went to a game I played the "he''s well good on FIFA" drinking game and nearly died by 2pm

[quote user="Monty13"]"I need to buy FIFA before January so I can become an expert in transfers before the window shuts." I believe that''s Football Manger, people only mention Fifa tongue in cheek. There''s a reason people look at football manger for info on players they don''t know: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool But they''re idiots, youtube clips are where its at! am I right?[/quote]

I clicked on the link and it gave me a picture of Ole Gunner Solksjaer, he''s probably getting plenty of game time in at the moment.

[quote user="Monty13"]"Some guy comes on here , excited about seeing his club on one of the largest Computer games there has ever been , and played by thousands of people , and gets slaughtered by a load of miserable old gits who presumably think they are all a little bit above such matters. Here be Dragons." I know it amuses me no end the disdain some of the *cough* older gentleman have for the worlds biggest entertainment industry.[/quote]

It''s only 4th.

http://businesstech.co.za/news/lifestyle/88472/the-biggest-entertainment-markets-in-the-world/

Sky Sports news have started to use the data in football manager to compare incoming players and players already at the club (e.g Sterling and Navas).

Its all a bit awkward.

"The last time I went to a game I played the "he''s well good on FIFA" drinking game and nearly died by 2pm"

Sorry buh, I''ve never heard any serious supporter quote Fifa as a measure of how good a player is (although to be fair to the Fifa devs they don''t randomly generate stats for players). If that''s your experience I wonder what pubs your drinking in as the only people I imagine talk like that are kids?

But if your just saying football supporters talk about Fifa...no fucking sh*t? who do you think the game is aimed at?

It''s nothing against computer games I happen to enjoy a multitude of them.

I once heard a story, which I thought was a joke but turns out to be true, that if you''ve got a box at Stamford bridge the kids can play FIFA while the game is going on.

While it''s going on....

Supplementation of FIFA with an interest and knowledge of football is fine but for some FIFA is football, far more so than actual football.

I think there''s a comfort that people find in FIFA, they feel they are in control and can play games exactly "as they should be played"

Then they watch a game of normal football and it''s "you should have held X longer you idiot!"

In my experience FIFA is NOWHERE near real football and I just wish more that play it understood that. There''s a real separation of reality going on.

But if it''s just a bit of fun more power to you.

This would be perfect [:$] to tell you all that Forum Manager16 will be available in the new year. There will be many new features including a sin bin feature for posters who don''t deserve the full forum ban. And of course you can still remove posts that you don''t like as well as warn posters and ban posters. So if you are one who gets frustrated by peoples posts on here this realistic forum game could be for you. Will be available from all reputable gaming stores and hopefully endorsed by SDP himself..                  

Cheers
That''s pretty impressive, but why can''t the game play towards the River End?  All those clips are facing the Barclay (and the Holiday Inn, guess LDC won''t be playing this version)

Buh, that sounds like a worrying precedent if kids are really like that with FIFA.

I enjoy Fofa and Footy man more than the next guy, but I enjoy far more actually playing the game for my 6 a side and 11 a side teams and going to watch Norwich. FIFA and Footy man are simply there for something to do when i''m bored.

Props to FM though in particular, while it''s not 100% accurate at rating players etc. it does a bloody great job! I bet you I could go watch some random match like De Grafshaap vs Roosendaal and after a quick scan of the sides on FM, I would have a good idea of how the game would pan out (quick wingers, fans favourites, hotheads etc).

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I wont buy it, doesn''t work on my Amstrad console apparently[/quote]
Never mind that, can I buy a copy on cassette for my ZX Spectrum +2?
[/quote]

Try this, it works. Record Sepp Blatters next speech, cut the tape up into little pieces and then re-splice it.