Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Internet Explorer Problems

Can anyone point me to a guide for IT numpties ? My problems are that using internet explorer, this website crashes at regular intervals, normally it automatically restores the page but sometimes it gives up altogether. This has started since the recent changes to the board. Typically it crashes 2 or 3 times when I go into the messageboard and then it settles down.

Also, when I quote people (both in IE and on my iPhone) it doesn''t work properly.

Is it just me ?

[quote]Can anyone point me to a guide for IT numpties ? My problems are that using internet explorer, this website crashes at regular intervals, normally it automatically restores the page but sometimes it gives up altogether. This has started since the recent changes to the board. Typically it crashes 2 or 3 times when I go into the messageboard and then it settles down.

Also, when I quote people (both in IE and on my iPhone) it doesn''t work properly.

Is it just me ?[/quote]Nobody, but nobody uses IE anymore.Time to step out of your cave, dude.

I agree with Lakey, use Firefox, you won''t look back.Secondary question......How are people getting on with the new Windows 10?I''m still using Windows 7 and reluctant to change as there seems to be very mixed opinions regarding the upgrade.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I agree with Lakey, use Firefox, you won''t look back.Secondary question......How are people getting on with the new Windows 10?I''m still using Windows 7 and reluctant to change as there seems to be very mixed opinions regarding the upgrade.[/quote]Stick with Windows 7. 10 is no improvement on it.

I meant to add - save yourself the hassle and wait for Windows 10 to mature a bit and let Microsoft

work out the bugs, that are still prevalent in the latest OS.I''m currently using Windows 8.1 and that''s what I intend to do [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I agree with Lakey, use Firefox, you won''t look back.Secondary question......How are people getting on with the new Windows 10?I''m still using Windows 7 and reluctant to change as there seems to be very mixed opinions regarding the upgrade.[/quote]Im still using Windows 7, does all I want it to so cannot see any reason to change.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="lappinitup"]I agree with Lakey, use Firefox, you won''t look back.Secondary question......How are people getting on with the new Windows 10?I''m still using Windows 7 and reluctant to change as there seems to be very mixed opinions regarding the upgrade.[/quote]Im still using Windows 7, does all I want it to so cannot see any reason to change.[/quote]Do bear in mind though that Windows 7’s mainstream

support is scheduled to end anytime now - that means only

security patches, no more improvements or fixes of annoying bugs.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I agree with Lakey, use Firefox, you won''t look back.Secondary question......How are people getting on with the new Windows 10?I''m still using Windows 7 and reluctant to change as there seems to be very mixed opinions regarding the upgrade.[/quote]I''m holding back, all the advice I''m hearing is that if you''re happy with 7 ( which I always have been) then stick with it, let 10 get through a service pack or two before going near it. I have heard 10 is a massive improvement on 8, which was just horrible, a modern day Vista.

Downloaded Windows 10 yesterday, on advice I also downloaded file-hippo app manager to find everything that required updating for ''10''  It''s a sharp learning curve but I am getting used with it.

[quote user="lappinitup"]How are people getting on with the new Windows

10?[/quote]

Flippin'' ''eck Lapp! After all the squit that January window caused on here we now have another 10 to come???

It''s taken me 18 months to get my head around 8.1(it''s a disaster) so i''m not in the mood to spend another few months with windows 10. Firefox i think is great.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]It''s taken me 18 months to get my head around 8.1(it''s a disaster) so i''m not in the mood to spend another few months with windows 10. Firefox i think is great.[/quote]After suffering with Vista for a few years 8.1 was an absolute dream. 10 hasn''t been a problem at all. Free upload and it didn''t take forever. It isn''t miles away from 8.1 so if you are having problems with that then yes, probably worth giving 10 a miss for a while.And also another Firefox convert. IE was such a pain in the end.

I use Chrome due to it''s speed, stability and integration with my Google account so it''s handy to be all ''synced up'' with my Android phone.

Windows 10 isn''t bad, but because it is a "service" now, it will keep being updated and fixed as time goes on, and updates will be installed as we go rather than any big service packs. The first one is due in November so I probably won''t give 10 another go until then.

I am on 8.1 which, far from being a "modern Vista" (which also wasn''t a bad system by the way, it was just PCs of the era were not powerful enough to run it well) is a fine operating system and much better than 7 IMO. Faster, more stable and I actually LIKE the Start screen. So I intend to stick with 8.1 for now. It also boots in seconds, something 7 never did.