Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Grabban statement

All employees make mistakes;    if it was as irreconilibly unacceptable to the informed management team as it is to some of the uninformed keyboard warriors I have no doubt that he WOULD have been sold last Tuesday rather than upset the squad.   That he was not and together with the statement (whether sincere or just a good deflection for this mornings press call is another issue) suggests the manager still has a future in mind for him here.

It would be no surprise if tomorrows match squad includes mbokani, jerome and grabban as the preferred 3 strikers and to remain a preference ahead of both lafferty and hooper.  

We have a slight problem in perception with Grabban.

We see him wasting six chances for each goal he scores, it''s fact actually!

AN looks to him to run and harry defenders, doing a lot of graft which then creates space and opportunity for the midfielders to make runs and score.

That''s why AN prefers Grabban instead of Hooper.

The plot thickens though because being in the premier league offers a different dynamic of game. We are not the big fish in the championship any more, so do we stick with Grabban & the model from last season or change the game approach with mbokani / jerromes / Hooper / Laffers becoming the prime option, building the team / tactics around them?

I''m very much looking forward to Saturday 14:00 when team is named.

Zipper I think you''re right, I would think the one or both Hooper / Laffs will go out on loan very soon.

Agreed Zipper. I think the Hoolahan situation was worse, and he has been allowed to move on. Footballers are not always the brightest of buttons, and those of us with kids know that after a tantrum they have to learn their lesson and be allowed to become better individuals. I bet we have all done things we regret, but is there anyone who has never received any forgiveness for anything stupid they have done?

By keeping him I think AN looks even stronger as a manager, no petulant instant reactions from him- just a very (at least outwardly) calm and measured dealing with the situation. It should inspire with loyalty rather than fear. Of course if LG does it again, then things will be very different I have no doubt......

We all make mistakes don''t we, he''s apologised, he''s one of us so time to move on and let his football do the talking.

We all know he made a very bad decision. The only way back from that is for him to realise what he did was wrong, apologise and hope he has a manager and team mates big enough to allow him to move on. It looks like that is what has happened here.

Some of the comments on here make me cringe (give him away, let him rot in the reserves, he''s $hite etc). Grabban is a resource that AN needs to get the most out of - not an easy task I would imagine. Some of you lot on here have absolutely no idea what management is about.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Lets all move on now and hope we grind out enough points before the January window[/quote]

^^^^^ This[Y]

It is an apology, it means he is no longer suspended and now on full whack.

Good luck to him, I personally think he has proved his finishing ability last season and he needs to improve to be in our first team squad, He is now behind Mbokani and Jerome, both who will score in this league. Hooper then becomes third choice as he is different. With Laffs and Grabban fighting for the fourth spot.

Simply put you need a different type of forward than all the same. Unless Hooper goes off the rails.

Grabban is not a player that gives me confidence from his last two seasons that he can be considered a premier league starter. He may well score the odd goal or two but it will probably be in a game we are 2-0 up in and he will miss a sitter in a critical 0-0 with 5 minutes left.

Nothing against the guy but players have a top level of performance and I wonder if he is at that. Some at NCFC think differently but he has at least 2 players in front of him in the similar mould.

If he comes straight back in or not (unlikely IMO) is purely a matter for AN, and what ever he decides is fine by me, certainly wont be booing a Norwich player.

As much as I abhor what happened that night at Rotherham, a lot of that was engineered by another club and agents trying to construct a move, just so happens Mr Grabban allowed himself to be taken along with it, again IMO. Move on, probably No4 striker anyway.

Grabban not in tomorrows squad - building up fitness according to the press conference from neil this morning

Hooper or lafferty - will be an interesting selection..

Agreed Joller, or:
"I''d like to apologise to all Norwich Fans and the majority of the playing squad for my decision to go AWOL. However, I was left with little choice when I arrived back to my hotel room to find that dirty Leeds bastard finger-banging my wife like she was a turkey being stuffed at thanksgiving."

[quote user="hogesar"]Agreed Joller, or:
"I''d like to apologise to all Norwich Fans and the majority of the playing squad for my decision to go AWOL. However, I was left with little choice when I arrived back to my hotel room to find that dirty Leeds bastard finger-banging my wife like she was a turkey being stuffed at thanksgiving."
[/quote]Here endeth the thread once Peter The Deleter gets wind.

[quote user="hogesar"]Agreed Joller, or:
[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Agreed Joller, or:
[/quote][:D][/quote]I have to say Morty that although you obviously find it amusing i doubt it would last too long on the site you moderate.

Some of you are so naive, Grabban thought he could force a move to Bournemouth by his antics away at Rotherham that evening. He doesn''t want to play for us.

"Building up his match fitness"?
What has he been doing, sitting on the sofa tipping Haribo down his throat and occasionally scratching his nutsack?
In fact, that''s how I spend my weekends and I still run the midfield in our five a side league.
I smell bullshine.

"I have to say Morty that although you obviously find it amusing i doubt it would last too long on the site you moderate. "

Well its not on the site I moderate, is it?

How they moderate, or how they don''t here, is no concern of mine.

Wise call by the manager and club to leave him out of this weekend. Defuse the situation which as this game was against his former club and suitor could have ended poorly for all.

Hopefully he can get his chance next away game and we can all move on.

[quote user="Indy"]Hopefully he can get his chance next away game and we can all move on.[/quote]
He''s had plenty of chances, and all he has proven is that he runs around a lot and could score 6 x more goals if only he was a decent finisher.
We need better than Grabban to survive in this league. Hopefully, we have got that in Mbokani and Jerome which will make all this irrelevant.