Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Grabban statement

[quote user="ron obvious"]Good, let''s all move on then.[/quote]
The only one who needs to move on is Grabban, to any Champs club that will take him on loan until we get shot of the tosser in January.

Pretty much a manufactured standard statement prior to a match. Good on him and the club, let''s see if he can focus back on getting his game back on track, because he''s been pretty ordinary since end of Feb.

Hopefully the fans will cut him some slack on Saturday if he''s in the squad.

Good on him, don''t care if it''s staged or not. At least it shows he''s not a complete stubborn pr1ck. Hopefully he gets on with trying to get back in the team. Props to Alex Neil and the rest of the staff for the way this was handled.

Lots of rumours flying around, if half of them are true I have a bit of sympathy for Grabban. Perhaps we can all move on now and get back to the football.

He made a big mistake, there may be extenuating circumstances but that''s not for discussion, he''s apologised, that''s it for me, over and done.

No benefit to him, the club or the fans in dragging this out into some sort of extended vitriol, just accept the apology and support him as a City player is what I will be doing.

Regardless of his Rotherham antics, he''s still fooking $hite. If we seriously consider him an important part of our squad in the Prem, we''re going down. Hopefully with ThankGod and Jerome, he won''t get much of a look in.

He has hardly played in the Prem FFS, yes he missed a sitter but it was his first game.

I can''t believe the experts who can make such damning statements with so little evidence.

I''d prefer Hooper.

Now we have Mbokani and also the Lafferty factor to include.

Bemused that we didn''t accept the Bournemouth money.

It''s interesting that Alex Neil has never preferred Hooper. He''s even often preferred Grabban to Jerome. Poor blokes not got a lot going for him really what with Martin at CB as well. :)

It''s also interesting that Bournemouth of all clubs were apparently prepared to pay so much money for him. It''s not as though the don''t know what he''s like as a player, goal scorer or person. This could all have a happy ending..

Whatever happened that  day at Rotherham is really of no interest. As a footy fan all that mattered was Lewis missed a match when Alex had him in the squad. Lewis has apologised, Alex sorted the issue as he said he would, now Lewis can let his football do the talking.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He has hardly played in the Prem FFS, yes he missed a sitter but it was his first game.

I can''t believe the experts who can make such damning statements with so little evidence.[/quote]
He''s been $hite since Christmas and pretty poor since Sept. He had one golden month, and then it''s all been downhill. Why can the fact he wasn''t very good in a weaker league not be used as "evidence"?

This has been handled extremely well by AN and the club, just unfortunate that first game up happens to be Bournemouth.

It would be churlish not to accept the apology at face value and not to move on.

If we now keep Lafferty and Grabban we could get rid of Hooper who may now be 5th choiceHope Grabban comes on and scores the winner on saturday

Vanwink wrote:

He has hardly played in the Prem FFS, yes he missed a sitter but it was his first game. I can''t believe the experts who can make such damning statements with so little evidence.

He''s been $hite since Christmas and pretty poor since Sept. He had one golden month, and then it''s all been downhill. Why can the fact he wasn''t very good in a weaker league not be used as "evidence"?

You said he was $hit, which he isn''t.

A ridiculous thing to say, How you can base that remark on his performance last season is beyond me.

Well done to AN and the club for the way they''ve handled this. If the rumours around Johnson''s departures are true it''s Grabban we should be feeling sorry for, not Johnson.

Hope he plays a successful part in our season because the manager obviously rates him so who gives a flying f*uck what anyone on here thinks.

He''s not been shite, but he''s certainly in RVW class since Feb last season......no goals and a poor red card which could have cost us automatic promotion at the time.

I''m not a great fan of Grabban but this whole episode has been really sour, it''s been sorted so let''s all move on and support him and the club on Saturday and carry on debating him on here.

I do hope Laffs is given the same chance as Grabban as I believe he''s been a model pro, gone out on loan last year now even though I don''t think he''s prem quality he''s got to be given the nod.

Could turn out to have a golden touch off the bench.

Just hope all sides can put their handbags down slowly and we can get on with the rest of the season.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Vanwink"]He has hardly played in the Prem FFS, yes he missed a sitter but it was his first game.

I can''t believe the experts who can make such damning statements with so little evidence.[/quote]
[/quote]

He''s not been poor since Christmas, what about his 5 goals in 5 games in February after Neil came in? And if you think he disappeared after that, well he was injured for most of the rest of the season and only started 1 more game (admittedly the one when he was stupidly sent off). Overall has been very good as a goal scorer since Alex Neil came in

Really bor, there''s only a couple on this thread who have the right to have their opinion, really need to attack poster?

I couldn''t give a hoot what Grabban did that''s for the manager and club to sort out like they did Wes, for me Grabban has been poor since Feb and needs to improve or someone else to be given the same chance.