Sign in to follow this  
Stylish Canary

It's been like a death in the family

The loss of Bradley Johnson like Grant Holt going a club legend who gave his all.

A bit of the spirit of the club has gone.

Still confused and hurt after a few days.

At least me have got Jarvis!

No way near Holty''s status Wavy. Good player that is far better in the Championship where he shows he can excel. Got very good money for him as well, so bonus[Y]

"The loss of Bradley Johnson like Grant Holt going a club legend who gave his all."

The word ''legend'' is used too readingly these days. Yes Johnson was a heart on his sleeve man, badge on his sleeve man if you like, bit between the teeth man and scorer of some good goals for us - - - especially against the filth down the road but he was NOT a Canary Legend.

Barry Butler was, Duncan Forbes was, Robert Fleck was, Bryan Gunn was (player only) Chris Sutton was, Iwan Roberts was and Hucks too to name but a few but not Bradley Johnson I''m afraid.

Aren''t all of our players better in the Championship than the Prem? Holt was. Our current defense is. Pretty much any player on Earth would be.

But I do agree losing Holt was a bigger shock.

Bizarre statement that he is better in the championship than the PL! You could say the same about every single player in the PL!

Oh FFS. I was trying not to slate the guy as he is a been a very good servant for the club. He''s a very good Championship player but lacks that bit of quality that will take us further. If he was a manager he would be like McCarthy or Warnock.

[quote user=" Jim Hacker"]The loss of Bradley Johnson like Grant Holt going a club legend who gave his all.

At least me have got Jarvis![/quote]
It''s been worse than that, Jim.
First Turner went, which was like losing an elderly aunt you don''t see any more because she''s in a home somewhere, but you still feel guilty for singing that unkind song at her last birthday party.
Then Ricky was shipped abroad, which is like your black sheep cousin being sent to a foreign prison just as you hoped he was getting back on his feet (literally, in Ricky''s case).
And then BJ is sold, which is like someone cutting off your left arm or leg (you choose) and then beating you around the head with it.
I am literally on the cusp of suicide.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user=" Jim Hacker"]The loss of Bradley Johnson like Grant Holt going a club legend who gave his all.

At least me have got Jarvis![/quote]
It''s been worse than that, Jim.
First Turner went, which was like losing an elderly aunt you don''t see any more because she''s in a home somewhere, but you still feel guilty for singing that unkind song at her last birthday party.
Then Ricky was shipped abroad, which is like your black sheep cousin being sent to a foreign prison just as you hoped he was getting back on his feet (literally, in Ricky''s case).
And then BJ is sold, which is like someone cutting off your left arm or leg (you choose) and then beating you around the head with it.
I am literally on the cusp of suicide.
I hear you, Bor, the Samaritans have been ''round my house all week.
[/quote]

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]getting back on his feet (literally in Ricky''s case)

Do you mean metaphorically or do you not understand what "literally" means?[/quote]
Thanks for your question.
"Getting back on your feet" is a metaphor for sorting yourself out.
However, my use of "literally" was with reference to the amount of time RvW spent on his backside, usually as a result of brushing against a much stronger opposition player.
In summary, I understand what both words mean.

I remember the day eadie was sold I was gutted, favourite player ever.

Holt, Huckerby, Gunny & Iwan No way is johnson anywhere near that lot in terms of a legend.

Was a decent player over 4 years, had a good season last season but apart from that I''m not really that bothered.

If someone had of told me a year ago that we would sell bradley johnson 12 months down the line for £6m I would''ve thought they were mental.

I do love all this crap about him being a championship player....

yes technically it wasnt the most gifted BUT with the heart of a lion what he lacked in ability he made up for in spades with his passion and will to win

now while he may not of started every game in the PL where he will be missed is during games such as Southampton when the opposition are running through us for fun....and he came on to break the play up and close them down quickly

Also when our so called PL defends are caught ''fannying'' around with it in front of our goal and panic kicks in and they hoof it up the park....who would you want before Jonno ready to compete for the ball as it hangs in the air ?

Now he hasnt always been a favorite of mine the day he tweeted a pic of himself in a north london pub wearing an Arsenal shirt (FA cup final day 2012 perhaps? ) I would have happily given the twat away.....and yet over the last 18 months having rolled his sleeves up and got stuck in after relegation when he could have been away (apparently offers from 3 or 4 PL clubs...funny that for a championship player ?) well he won me over and a majority of the City faithful and at the moment I cant think of a player I would rather see pulling on the Yellow jersey !!

Its not like a death. Its more like your partner is caught cheating, given the elbow, and you then knowing that you''ll see them from time to time out with someone else who turns out to be much less attractive than how you see yourself but who is more ambitious and more happy to flash their cash.

Like a death in the family........what a stupid statement , as was the NCFC Chiefs statement along similar lines regarding relegation .

Nothing, but nothing is as bad a a death in the family, especially football..

I have lost my Father in the early hours of this morning, believe me it''s only football. He took me to my first game at Carrow Road about ''62 or ''63. God bless you Dad

Sincere condolences to you and your family, Wazzy. I hope that Alex and the boys will serve up a victory befitting of his memory on Saturday.

On Saturday I''m going to spend a moment just before kick off thinking about you and your dad going to that sixties game buddy.

RIP Wazzy''s Dad.