Sign in to follow this  
Stylish Canary

5pm Saturday

Inevitably yes...and I wouldn''t blame the fans to be truthfull, if there is any way of staying in the division, you have to win your home games, especially against your nearest rivals...

Would you like me to start a list of who the main keyboard warriors will be starting with those who were not even anywhere near Carrow Road for the game ?

It would be critical and rightly so. We are supporters who feel every defeat and Bournemouth at home is one of those games we obviously need to win in our fight for survival.

A slightly disappointing Summer, with particular regards to not strengthening the defence and the unexpected loss of Bradley Johnson will likely be foremost.

On the other hand, I feel that Mbokani, Brady and Jarvis will add to our attacking potential.

Olsson should be back and this has to be a positive as well, especially with Brady moving forward.

I, unlike some, see Wisdom as a useful replacement for Whittaker.

This is a season defining fixture, IMO, and I would be disappointed with even a draw.

If we lose, I will be looking forward to the next Window.

God forbid anyone to have a negative view of losing at home against a team who are our direct relegation rivals. I would hope that we would all be a tad dissapointed if the worst happens come 5 pm....

Our record at home to Bournemouth is a rather strange one. We have beaten them ten times and they have won here nine times so on that basis I''m going for a 1-1 draw.I''m quite sure that there will be plenty of 5pm Saturdays when this board is in meltdown this season. Some things never change.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"].

This is a season defining fixture, IMO, and I would be disappointed with even a draw.

If we lose, I will be looking forward to the next Window.[/quote]

Unfortunately that will be half a season too late.

Blimey,yesterday we had Hiighland telling us this is a must win game and now Broadstairs tells us this is a season defining fixture.Ridiculous statements from those who i am sure seek doom at every turn. I will be as disappointed as anybody if we don''t get a result but come on guys will it really warrant the usual suspects lining up on here to point the finger ? Ricardo will tell you Peroni will ease the pain.

Can we do a bet on how many people say we should have played Grabban?

"Blimey,yesterday we had Hiighland telling us this is a must win game and now Broadstairs tells us this is a season defining fixture."

Ridiculous statements from those who i am sure seek doom at every turn. I will be as disappointed as anybody if we don''t get a result but come on guys will it really warrant the usual suspects lining up on here to point the finger ? Ricardo will tell you Peroni will ease the pain.

A "season defining fixture" as a comment upon the outcome pf this game is hardly "doom."

It will tell us where we are at and what we might need to get better.

A defeat will likely be more significant than a win.

Its all a question of scale.   For me it will depend on the manner of the defeat. If it is a great game and we lose by the odd goal, then there should be no anger - just disappointment at losing.     All being well the team will turn up, give a great performance, Bn''mth will too and there will be a few goals with us scoring more than them.  If under those circumstances, it goes the other way and we score less than them, we can still say great performance, unlucky - and move on.  There should imo only be anger/concern if the team put in a poor performance.  Poor performances under this manager are rare. 

Fair enough LDC, but it is Bournemouth at home and "unlucky" shouldn''t come into it.

If we lose this fixture I, for one, will be concerned because they won''t come much easier.

I dont understand the mentality of those who dont think this is a must win..Yes it''s early in the season but Bournemouth at home is one game you''d feel is one of our best chances to claim 3 points.

[quote user="canary_1902"]I dont understand the mentality of those who dont think this is a must win..Yes it''s early in the season but Bournemouth at home is one game you''d feel is one of our best chances to claim 3 points.[/quote]

I disagree with this and Broadstairs comments.  There are no easier games.   We are just as likely, imo, to take points off a top club who play below the level they are capable of - such as before when we were up here, we beat Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City........................

Points can come from the most unlikely of places.

Let''s define these "must win" games then.

Bournemouth at home.

Watford at home.

Sunderland at home.

Leicester at home.

Villa at home.

Newcastle at home.

For a starters.

Any more?

We need forty points, so these are must win as we won''t expect too much from trips to the big six or even when they visit us. Half a dozen may be?

This is not "doom" as we will get there, but it won''t be easy.

After the capitulation at Southampton and the lack of spending in the window I expect a very nervy Carra Rud.

I for one will be moaning like a b@tch if we don''t win this perfectly winnable game and will also be calling for the resignation of David McNally and the return of Paul Lambert if that is the scenario.

BroadstairsR "If we lose this fixture I, for one, will be concerned because they won''t come much easier."

I''m sure West Ham thought exactly the same. Then they went on to beat Liverpool 3 nil away. Who knows where the points will actually come from.

When you can''t get to the game amuse yourself by following the match day thread.

1st meltdown when the team is announced.

2nd meltdown is in the first few seconds when the pattern of play is established.

3rd meltdown is after a minute when we haven''t scored.

4th meltdown is anytime we miss our first chance.

Etc. until the game is over and regardless of the result.

Surely meltdown is an entirely rationale response if we fail to beat Bournemouth having already failed against two other non-big 6 teams this season. We need to scrape together a points total just south of 40 and are, arguably, two behind par already.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Surely meltdown is an entirely rationale response if we fail to beat Bournemouth having already failed against two other non-big 6 teams this season. We need to scrape together a points total just south of 40 and are, arguably, two behind par already.[/quote]
Thing is, whilst I agree with the general pretence that this is one of our more winnable fixtures and we should be looking to do so, to say meltdown is rational response, to say it''s a must win crucial fixture, is all simply untrue and can be proven as such by looking at...for example...Leicester last season.

Surely what we need is a pre-meltdown meltdown...just to provide some comfort for the doom-mongers if we win???

Apples

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Let''s define these "must win" games then.

Bournemouth at home.

Watford at home.

Sunderland at home.

Leicester at home.

Villa at home.

Newcastle at home.

For a starters.

Any more?

We need forty points, so these are must win as we won''t expect too much from trips to the big six or even when they visit us. Half a dozen may be?

This is not "doom" as we will get there, but it won''t be easy.[/quote]

Defining a game as must win is not helpful imo.    If we were to play Man City tomorrow instead of Bn''mth, would we be saying oh, its ok we don''t have to win this game because it''s Man City?  I certainly hope not. We need over 40 points and we should get them, but the points will come from anywhere and everywhere.   Who knows who will be near the bottom of the table anyway, this season?   Imo we have to treat the games this season the same as last season and any season - every game is winnable. 

The psychology of directing your efforts at certain games is unbelievably flawed. It may sound common sense to target certain games, but in reality, all you are doing is increasing the pressure for those games you have targeted, making it harder for yourself to achieve what you want to achieve. 

[quote user="Dave from Lowestoft "]

I will also be calling for the resignation of David McNally and the return of Paul Lambert if that is the scenario.[/quote]Yet another new account Waveney? You already have one running. [:-*]

Points won against fellow relegation probables are far more valuable than those gained from the big six.

[quote user="ricardo"]Points won against fellow relegation probables are far more valuable than those gained from the big six.[/quote]

That is only partially true.  Overall, if you win enough games, it doesn''t matter a jot who it''s against. By focusing on some games are than others you are self-creating a mindset of limitation as to what you can achieve.  Simply going out to win every game with the same intensity is a far better attitude psychologically.  It encourages a consistent approach and a healthier outlook.   

ricardo wrote the following post at 11/09/2015 12:51 PM:

Points won against fellow relegation probables are far more valuable than those gained from the big six.

I think that''s the point