Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Atkinson - what a chicken

Booked Tettey for his first foul, Hoolahan for a handball he had no chance of getting out of the way then FAILED to book Francis ( I think ) for a second book able offence to send him off . unbeliavable Jeff !

Hoolahan had his arms up before the ball was crossed, so perhaps. But it should definitely have been a second yellow, and off for Francis.

The Tettey one was a definite yellow- he booked the Bournemouth player who did a similar chop down from behind on Jarvis. Thought Atkinson was pretty fair all game. The second Francis one happened the other side of the pitch to me though so didn''t see it.

I thinks thonson needs to be put out to pasture

You''ve got some of the fittest athletes in the planet and he looks like he''s 500 years old.

Wouldn''t trust the whole premier league select group of referees to jointly run a bath.

Wouldn''t complain with the Tettey one as I thought that was a certain yellow card.

It''s the consistently that gets to you though. Whittaker was sent off for two soft yellows against Southampton, which I have no problem with. But then Francis gets away with it, if you are going to have a rule then you have to enforce it all the time. In the end though it didn''t matter thankfully!

Always thought that Martin Atkinson was one of our better referees, but he had a poor game today. According to statistics he has issued far more yellow cards than others and I think he was over zealous with the bookings.

Atkinson was poor today. Tettey actually got the ball in that tackle although it was from behind. The problem is Atkinson is one of our top referees and once again has shown the inconsistency that frustrates many.

I am convinced his favourite colour is pink his leaning to leniency for Bournemouth was unbelievable at times.

i though the tettey yellow was harsh and won by the bournemouth players doing their usual exaggerate pushes falling over trick that cons refs every game. Tettey won the ball but if it was a foul it was a minor infringement. Puts him 1 awat from a suspension which is a worry with mulumbu still some way from match readiness.

My question is why only a yellow when wes was pushed? the rules are crystal clear, any raised hands and its a straight red.

Unable or unwilling to apply the rules of the game

Should be sacked, we need to get hard on these referees

I don''t know if it''s the cameras, the pressure, but something about this league makes referees go horrendous.

It''s the worst thing about this league. Getting beat by a group of billionaires hurts but sitting at games you can almost set your watch by when a ref is going to mug you off. It''s the new creative ways in which thy do it that get me. Is there some sort of end of season referee dinner "most stupid f£&k up award" they are all vying for?

Thanks to Simon hooper every time an overhead kick goes in I say it should be ruled out. Shout out to him refereeing in the west country under 8''s or wherever he ended up.

Francis should have got a 2nd yellow, and marched. So soon after Whitts 2 yellows makes it suck.

However in a perverse way i''m ok that he bottled it yesterday, can you imagine the sympathy the media darlings and Eddie Howe would have got? every cloud and all that...........

Other than failing to send Francis off (both tackles worse than Whittakers were) I thought the ref had a good game.No complaints about Hoolahan''s yellow as he clearly put his hands up & no complaints about Tettey''s either because it was a typical Tettey foul. Refs might as well right his name in the book before the game starts

MP you are right about Tettey, i was hoping he could wait until Mulumbu was fit again before getting to 5, but don''t think its going to happen.

We also have to bear in mind the job Tettey is asked to do, makes him the likely candidate for yellow cards.