Sign in to follow this  
unique

A win at Liverpool next Sunday

...might not be the best result for Norwich City.

If AN isn''t on the radar of the Board at Anfield, then outwitting Brenda next week will catapult AN to the forefront of their thoughts.

Brenda is skating on thin ice, and many feel he was extremely lucky to keep his job at the end of last season.

Liverpudlians with long memories and astute footballing brains, will see a little bit of Shankly in Alex Neil, and the unfortunate thing for Norwich fans is that, irrespective of his age or experience, AN''s demeanour suggests that he would be comfortable in any managerial position offered to him.

Successful managers at Norwich City haven''t got a very good record when moving up a notch. Think John Bond, Mike Walker and Paul Lambert, but not, I suppose, Ron Saunders.

A bit early in the scheme of things for us to get nervous about AN being poached, IMO, but I would hope that the contractual arrangements are financially beneficial to our club should it eventually happen .. remember the Lambert fiasco.

I don''t think he is in any rush to go anywhere, has been mentioned on here before but i do feel there is a certain amount of loyalty built into AN''s mindset.

They will be a like a wounded animal next week (yes they have a game Thursday) so we will have to be at our best, and i believe AN will have a game plan.

Lets hope we take a big support up there, who''s going ?

This is a bizarre mentality. Very similar to the ''I hope we lose our next three matches so the manager gets sacked'' idea.Anyway, ignoring the stupidity of the sentiment, I don''t think Alex Neil is a big enough ''name'' for Liverpool yet. Admittedly, Rodgers wasn''t either when he was hired, but if anything happens to Rodgers I think there are plenty of big name managers (Klopp?) who would be at the front of the queue.

You might be getting a little ahead of yourself there, unique. But a positive result next week certainly isn''t out of the question, especially if that £20m donkey Lovren is playing.

Norwich City are the sum of its parts.

There are only two assets of any considerable value at the club.

Nathan Redmond is the only player that would be of major interest to a number of other PL clubs, the rest of the squad would not be guaranteed a starting place anywhere else.

Alex Neil is worth far more to the club than any level of compensation they would receive. His stock is rising by the week and it can be argued he hasn''t put a foot wrong since Norwich played Bournemouth away last season. This will not have gone unnoticed by a number of under performing clubs that are desperately trying to buy success.

Hopefully, AN will show a level of loyalty that matches his managerial abilities.

I don''t think we have to worry about AN going anywhere just yet. As to comparisons with Rodgers or Lambert, AN is both younger and less experienced than either of them when they made their big moves. At 34 he''s in no rush and if he spends the next 5 years helping establish us in the Premier League with the odd cup adventure along the way then I expect he''ll have his pick of top jobs and on his terms.

[quote user="unique"]...might not be the best result for Norwich City.

If AN isn''t on the radar of the Board at Anfield, then outwitting Brenda next week will catapult AN to the forefront of their thoughts.

Brenda is skating on thin ice, and many feel he was extremely lucky to keep his job at the end of last season.

Liverpudlians with long memories and astute footballing brains, will see a little bit of Shankly in Alex Neil, and the unfortunate thing for Norwich fans is that, irrespective of his age or experience, AN''s demeanour suggests that he would be comfortable in any managerial position offered to him.[/quote]Yes, well, you''ve certainly chosen an apt username [:|]

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="unique"]

Liverpudlians with long memories and astute footballing brains,.[/quote]

No such person exists.

[/quote]

As demonstrated by the lack of success of Liverpool''s two football teams over the years?

Liverpool are in disarray whereas we are on the crest of a wave. A win for us is on the cards as long as we do not sit back, cede the initiative and defend cynically as we did at Southampton.

I was at Anfield for the last day of the Kop game when we won 1-0 , other than that and the 1-1 draw there a couple of years ago, every time I''ve been up there,without exception , we''ve been on the wrong end of some real hidings, shipping 4 or 5 goals each time.

An away win at Anfield is the one result I would love above any other this season.......and I really cant see any ''downside'' to that?....."if" it were to cost Brendan Roders his job ,we will all be spared his bloody irritating one-arm-in-the-air goal celebration.

[quote user="paul moy"]Liverpool are in disarray whereas we are on the crest of a wave. A win for us is on the cards as long as we do not sit back, cede the initiative and defend cynically as we did at Southampton.[/quote]

Liverpool may be in disarray - but people (including Ruddy) said the same of Southampton. Great performance from our boys yesterday but Bournemouth had an off day and didn''t put up much of a fight Really hoping for at least a point next week and anything we come away with will be hard earned and a sign of how far we''ve come under AN

They''ve done the young up and coming next big thing British boss etc. Think they will go foreign next Jurgen klopp etc.

I think big teams may be looking at people like gary monk before Alex neil. 5 games in the prem isn''t much to go on.

Good thing for us is that they''re in disarray and this is a real must-win game for them. If we do win and they sack their manager I''m sure they''d take a cautious choice for replacement and that''s certainly not AN.

But the odds are not in our favour...