Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Bring back........

....Delias pies, had a pukka yesterday it was terrible, I do hope this is not yet another penny pinching cut at the supporters expense. Surely us loyal followers who turn up week after week deserve a premier feast of a pie, even if it costs a few pence more to produce? Sack McNally & bring in Mary Berry before the next home game, or we should all go to Morrisons for a meat-un-taiter gut buster (or veggi equivalent if that''s your bag) for £ 1.50 at most

From the Bournemouth Echo''First time I have been to Carrow Road. A fantastic stadium, crowd close

to the pitch and a great atmosphere - for the home fans that is! A real

family club, like us but without the bad language that sadly still

emanates from some at Dean Court and must put off many families with

kids- that''s if they can get tickets. I have grandchildren who are

longing to come and support my club, but no way can they get tickets.

And can someone devise a song like the one they sing at the start of the

match and when they score? 

. . . Finally the pies - rubbish compared with ours''

My old man is so furious that there are no pasties that he refuses to buy anything else from the club. At least bring back the pasties!

[quote user="Chris"]From the Bournemouth Echo''First time I have been to Carrow Road. A fantastic stadium, crowd close

to the pitch and a great atmosphere - for the home fans that is! A real

family club, like us but without the bad language that sadly still

emanates from some at Dean Court and must put off many families with

kids- that''s if they can get tickets. I have grandchildren who are

longing to come and support my club, but no way can they get tickets.

And can someone devise a song like the one they sing at the start of the

match and when they score? 

. . . Finally the pies - rubbish compared with ours''[/quote]Stop pinching my quotes, you low down thief.

For f**k sake!

May I point out you''re at a football stadium not a 5 star restaurant!

It''s a game that lasts 90 mins plus intervals. If you can''t go without food for that long then you''ve probably got worms or something like that.

I think we use Pukka Pies now, at least they are listed in our ''official preferred suppliers''. I like my pies and Imo they are among the better ones, but my Mrs swears by Hollands (from oop north) who I think we may have used in the past. That said, I think the last time I had a pie at a game was in the 1980s, so tbh I couldn''t really give a stuff what they are like!

Just pop into Morrisons across the road and visit their fresh pie counter. Job done''!

Last time I went to Wembley they couldn''t serve alcohol (uefa rules) and they did a hotdog for £6.90. Don''t get me wrong, the sausage was pretty good and rather long, but the bun was a small finger roll. The sausage therefore protruded out of each side of the roll - from memory the roll was probably less than a 1/3 the size of the sausage. The server proceeded to ask if I wanted onions on my hotdog and proceeded to place about 6 pieces of onion on top of my sausage. I do not understand how you''re supposed to eat that monstrosity they try and call premium food! All for an hours wages for most people!

If you can''t get good food at the home of English football, what hope do we have a Carrow Road?!

Best pies ever had at football is from pie shop opposite Blackburn Rovers, they serve them out the window, and I promise they are simply gourmet, best ever and decent price.

1st tried them some 12 or so years ago, then last season still every bit as I remembered.