Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Tettey one yellow away from a ban - who would cover?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If he doesn''t get booked anyway, which he probably will, I suspect he may take a "tactical" yellow card at Anfield to serve the suspension vs WBA in the cup??[/quote]

Can he take it in the league cup?

After 5 yellows is there another ban after 7 yellows again or is it 10 yellows? Not sure.

It does seem astonishing that he''s already on the cusp of a suspension, but we should have Mulumbu back soon and Dorrans or O''Neil would be my guess as alternatives for his role. If a booking at Anfield would indeed mean the WBA game counting as his ban, he may well take a tactical one next week (though is likely to have been booked anyway!) - but he''d be far better not getting booked all the time; it wouldn''t be long until a longer suspension hits.

I would be more than happy to see him get a tactical yellow against Liverpool which would then mean he''s out against WBA. Dorrans is more than capable of filling the role as well!

Lol whits at dm?! Never again! O''Neil is on our books for this exact instance, if its not him then why is he bothering stay with us.

Good point about the cup though, it''d be a shame if he were to get a pretty booking the game before that one...

As others have suggested it''d be more ideal for him to miss the cup game. Players like Oneil and Lafferty will be after some game time anyway so Tettey can have a rest.

You''d expect Dorrans to come in. To give a bit of extra defensive cover Brady could be moved up to left midfield. 

Indy wrote: ''After 5 yellows is there another ban after 7 yellows again or is it 10 yellows?"

Automatic 1 game ban after 5, automatic 2 game ban after 10 (from the start of the season through to 31st January).

Was it Tettey who kicked the ball away (or wouldn''t retreat 10m or whatever) for his 5th card so he only missed a cup game? Seem to remember it being him - & the commentator saying what a stupid yellow card to concede so late in the game!

Yes I believe this was last year when he made a ''tactical 87th minute infringement'' to get his yellow card - he didn''t seem to sad about his suspension for the following cup game anyway