Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Watching Wes Hoolahan play football yesterday

Watching wes on Saturday was like undertaking a Native American spirit journey

Players who can drift past an opponent with just ball control and body movement are few and far between these days. Wes is an old fashioned type of player in this respect, and doesn''t need the speed of someone like Huckerby or Redmond. We have had a few like him over the years and the nearest in my estimation was Tommy Bryceland way back in the 1960''s. He didn''t have much pace but a drop of the shoulder and a dummy and he could go past defenders as if they were statues. Bobby Brennan and Jimmy Hill were also of a similar type from that bygone era and Ian Crook in more recent times. I can still hear the roar of the crowd when Brennan used to tease a full back into tackling him before putting it through his legs and away. You don''t see that sort of thing so much these days but those who did will have memories that stay with them all their lives and when Wes is on his day he brings it all back for me.[:D]

It was as enjoyable as watching Huckerby at his best, as he always is when he''s on form. Considering Huckerby is by far my favourite City player ever that is seriously high praise!

I''m in the ''River End''. It was awesome to be that close to Wes deftly passing the Bournemouth defender.

Watching Wes play on Saturday was like Kate Beckinsale struggling to get out of silk lingerie, and telling me I am the ONLY guy who can help her

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Lessingham, are you River End or City Stand?

City stand, about 20 seats to the right of Delia, same row matey (4 seats, the noisy ones) where are you matey ?[/quote]You must be near me then Lessingham......Row D seat 77.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Til 1010 wrote; "You must be near me then Lessingham......Row D seat 77."

Tilly , Rows H & I seat 65 & 66 (2 in each row) Cathedral Lounge[/quote]If you are not there for the WBA cup game i will come and give you a look on 3rd Oct v Leicester.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Til 1010 wrote; "You must be near me then Lessingham......Row D seat 77." Tilly , Rows H & I seat 65 & 66 (2 in each row) Cathedral Lounge[/quote]
If you are not there for the WBA cup game i will come and give you a look on 3rd Oct v Leicester.
[/quote]

Mmm. Be careful not to wear an orange top, Lessingham, otherwise you might find Mr. Tilson getting a little "handsy."