Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Watching Wes Hoolahan play football yesterday

Was like watching Paul Hollywood bake bread

it was an absolute pleasure watching him play, he is in an bein of pure gold at the moment and is surely one of the most gifted footballers we''ve ever had.

Pace has never been his forte, this should mean he can go on and on for us. I''d very much like him to finish his career here

But not for a few years yet. What a legend.

So Paul Hollywood is an absolute pleasure to watch baking bread, and is one of the most gifted bread makers we''ve ever seen? He can go on and on making bread, and you''d like to see him make his last bread here?

Haha yes indeed. Was trying to make a comparison.

"Like Watching an old Tuscany carpenter whittling a unique coffee table that will be bought by a billionaire"

Maybe

[quote user="Buh"]Was like watching Paul Hollywood bake bread

it was an absolute pleasure watching him play, he is in an bein of pure gold at the moment and is surely one of the most gifted footballers we''ve ever had.

Pace has never been his forte, this should mean he can go on and on for us. I''d very much like him to finish his career here

But not for a few years yet. What a legend.[/quote]

Absolutely, I''ve been saying it since the day he arrived. He''s technically the best player I''ve seen in my 20 years of supporting Norwich.

So many on here disagreed, but ultimately we''re wrong! Fantastic player, who loves to play football. Great loyalty too, he''s a club legend. He''s got another 2 years at this level, and If the club want him, he''ll finish his career here.

And FairPlay to alex neil as well

He''s fitted him in AND a sole striker AND really effective wing play and we are scoring loads of goals.

Love it

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Buh"]Was like watching Paul Hollywood bake bread

But not for a few years yet. What a legend.[/quote]

Absolutely, I''ve been saying it since the day he arrived. He''s technically the best player I''ve seen in my 20 years of supporting Norwich.

So many on here disagreed, but ultimately we''re wrong! Fantastic player, who loves to play football. Great loyalty too, he''s a club legend. He''s got another 2 years at this level, and If the club want him, he''ll finish his career here.[/quote]Just a shame you dislike everyone else at the club. At least liking one player is a start...

[quote user="Buh"]And FairPlay to alex neil as well

He''s fitted him in AND a sole striker AND really effective wing play and we are scoring loads of goals.

Love it[/quote]I think we can safely put that down to zonal marking [:D][;)]

Remember how so many took it personally when he wanted out? He had a legitimate beef with a terrible manager who was letting his career and our hopes drain away while putting full houses to sleep with boring football.

Thankfully it''s WH who''s still with us.

An absolute wizard with the ball. I agree has to be the most technically gifted player I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt. He''s so dynamic as a player too which makes him so hard to play against. As many in the press have said it''s a shame it''s taken him so long to be playing at the top level but I''m so glad we have the pleasure of watching him every week - makes everything tick for us. He''s got a few years left yet I''m sure

I seem to recall it was one of the most unpopular managers ever who signed Wes. He said at the time how great he would be, and indicated we would not miss Hucks! Well he was right on point one and certainly wrong on the second.

[quote user="Buh"]Was like watching Paul Hollywood bake bread[/quote]

That has to be the weirdest analogy I''ve ever seen.  One, a footballer with a touch of genius who gives everything on the pitch - the other who appears to be a cold, self-satisfied, smug, cook, earning a few bob on tv giving nothing of any practical worth. That is my impression of him from what I''ve seen - Wes on the other hand at his best, inspirational and unplayable and full of passion. 

Weird, buh.

Hools is becoming as much a key figure as Holt and Hucks in the past. They play well and team wins, they fail and team falls apart.

The problem with Hools is we do need lots of possession for him to shine, since his skillful play means he often tries stuff that fails.

That is why he is often not so effective away from home.

We must remember it was only two weeks ago it whas all gloom and doom. Liverpool away will prove more what this team is really about and whether we can be comfortable mid table or struggle to deal with class attackers

Bloody hell didn''t know I''d get so much stick for the Paul Hollywood thing

How about

"Watchin wes play on Saturday was like watching Fred dibnah bring down a chimney"

Or

"Watching wes play on Saturday was like having Morgan freeman narrate your life"

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Can''t believe someone (LDC) has come on here to genuinely have a pop at Paul Hollywood. Get a grip.[/quote]

[:D] err....it wasn''t me who compared a brilliant footballer at the top of his game to an expessionless tv cook/presenter......

Paul Hollywood is generally accepted as being pretty good at making bread. In fact, amazing at it. It was the only comparison I was trying to make.

I could have made a comparison with any "master"

"Watching wes hoolahan is like watching the groundsman at Wimbledon prune center court with a pair of scissors"

[quote user="Buh"]Paul Hollywood is generally accepted as being pretty good at making bread. In fact, amazing at it. It was the only comparison I was trying to make.

I could have made a comparison with any "master"

"Watching wes hoolahan is like watching the groundsman at Wimbledon prune center court with a pair of scissors"[/quote]

Watching Paul Hollywood is like watching paint dry. 

The only way most on here could compare Paul Hollywood and Wes Hoolahan is by watching TV, neither gives the full experience of "being there" got to smell the atmosphere and excitement. Lets face it bread on TV ? could be plastic loaves for all we know.........

I have to admit, the smell of wes going past that defender on Saturday was divine.

[quote user="Buh"]Did Paul Hollywood touch you?[/quote]

[:)]  I don''t see a man who has much enthusiasm for the things going on around him - to me, it looks as if he thinks it''s all about him. That may be a false impression, but that, for a TV presenter - regardless of what he is good at off screen - is not an easy trait to go along with.  Maybe women would think differently...

Wes, on the other hand, shows huge passion for his work and he ran Bn''mth ragged on Saturday. Superb to see Norwich tearing apart another premiership team - it hasn''t happened very often, even under Lambert.

I have to admit, the smell of wes going past that defender on Saturday was divine

I have to say Wes "nutmegged" Jones right in front of us as he broke into the box to set Cameron for the goal, and the smell from Jones was not divine, made a right mess of his pink shorts

Watching Wes was like rolling around in a field of Shamrocks with a near by waterfall oozing fresh Guinness with a bunch of Leprechauns giving away pots of gold at the bottom of the dark stuffs rainbow. A chorus of River Dancers for a merry dance to celebrate and so on.