Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 6

Welcome one and all to week

six of our Rays funds season. After the excitement of last weekend and Parma’s near

miss we have a free bet with Bill Hill for this week where we have Jellytot in

charge and making the final selections. Jellytot is

having another successful season with 3/4 (75%) correct selections. I’d really

like her to finally get her name on Ray’s prestigious signature because she has

been really unlucky in her previous times in the hot seat. Helen’s very proud to

be a PUP. She thought the world of Arrdee and has been taking part from the

very early days. I notice you have 219 posts on the Pink Un Helen so I’m

guessing that you have made over 200 picks to help our great teams of PUPs. So

now it''s our turn to help Jellytot get her name in the PUPs lines of fame. Let’s give her our very

best selection from the games played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend listed on

the William Hill web site. It has to be on Bill Hill this week because the free bet has to be used within 7 days.

After last weekend’s international break we have our Norwich match picks

back this week and we have Molly Windley making the final selections. Molly

joined us this season and has been picking every week since the start. As a

Singing Postman fan this is one of my favourite usernames Molly! It’s great

that PUPanon sponsors this bet to give our newer PUPs the chance to take a more

active part early on because it takes a long time to qualify to make the final

selections of the six matches. Molly, you can make up to ten final selections

from PUPs suggestions and your own for our match against Bournemouth. It’s up

to you how you divide it up. If you’re not sure just ask on here. So here we go, cheerio, let’s  see how you do fare…..

Don’t forget our PUPs meet and trophy presentation in the Nelson after

the Saturday’s game. I keep hearing a rumour that Tilly will be making a speech

so I’ll warn the bar staff to expect an onslaught just as he gets up….

Ill hand the thread over to Jellytot

and Molly Windley now. Remember theres no pressure

because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all

stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports

Foundation.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Helen and Molly... the thread is

yours.......[:)]...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always I

leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,4,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,3, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,2, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District

Canary, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £1064 for the Community

Sports Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb, Redders Right Foot, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,

Crabbycanary,2, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf,

Lappinitup, NWC, Wes Hooly Fan, Twidio, Ray, PUPanon, yes PUPs £403 for the

Community Sports Foundation.

And with £553

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £4063.

since we began of which £538 already

banked for the next presentation.

Off to Italy for me this week:

JUVENTUS v Chievo HOME WIN

Good Luck Jellytot and all you lovely PUPs

For the Norwich bet Sebastian Bassong to score anytime. Best of luck Molly Windley.

Off to Serie A this week where I fancy Juve (P2 L2) to kickstart their season with victory against Chievo (P2 W2)

Juventus v Chievo - Home Win

And for the match bet, a goal for Nathan Redmond.

Good luck everyone, especially Jellytot and Molly Windley.

Looking to extend my joint best run of the season (1 in a row) with a trip to Holland.

Feyenoord (3-0-1 8-5) v Willem II (0-2-2 1-5) - Home Win

For the NCFC bet, how about a bit of positivity with HT/FT Norwich/Norwich.

Best of luck Jellytot, Molly and all you PUPs

Thanks dad, great to see a few pups have already made their selections! Please keep them coming as I''m determined to finally get my name on ray''s signature and of course, raise more money for the csf!!! I''ll be back Friday evening x

A very good evening to you Nutty and of course good luck to Jellytot and Molly not forgetting all you other lovely PUPs out there.I notice that the blindfolded dart chucker was quick off the mark tonight and has somehow ended up in Italy [:P] but i am going to stick for the second week running with a trip to Jockland and again pick RANGERS so......A HOME WIN please for RANGERS v Livingston.For the Norwich bet Lafferty to come off the bench and score at anytime.

As for my speech that Nutty mentioned may i suggest for those interested in Strictly that you set your Sky+. [:P]

This week I''ll go for Bayer Leverkusen to beat Darmstadt in the bundesliga. I''ve had 2 out of 2 so far so hopefully this will make it 3! As for the Norwich bet I''ll go for jerome 1st goal scorer

I''m on holiday in Seville and today we went past the Real Betis stadium on an open-top bus. Surely an omen for a RVW-inspired Real Betis home win against Real Sociedad-odds are 11/8. Sadly we''re heading off to Cadiz on Friday so I will be unable to cheer Ricky on.

For the Norwich bet, I reckon we''ll win 2-1.

Good luck to all PUPs and especially to Jellytot and Molly.

Thank you for the opportunity to choose the Norwich bets this week in aid of Rays Fund. I appreciate your introduction NN and the diplomatic way that whilst mentioning the number of picks I have made you kindly did`nt mention how few I have got right.Some of you are not of an age to remember the Singing Postman (Allan Smethurst) but he represents to me much of what Norfolk was. The name is a nod to a now gone favourite Uncle who always greeted me with an "Are you alright boy", daft as a brush he was, but a proper Norfolk bor who loved his football and cricket, always wore his flat cap, kept his metal cycle clips on and pedalled on his old bike everywhere. Time must move on but I do miss hearing people speak the old Norfolk dialects. Molly Windley, who did indeed smuk loik a chimley can still be found on Youtube  https://youtu.be/Txg8IgFHl1k I never knew Ardee, in who`s memory the PUP`s were formed but have read his threads that have been preserved on here, had I met him, I`m certain I would have liked him.Will finalise my picks late Friday night, will read all suggestions and try to represent the picks of the PUP`s and hopefully add to the fund.

Bayern to beat Augsburg please...

And jerome to score anytime.

Good luck PUPs and OTBC...

Sadly I''m old enough to remember (with affection) the singing postman but coming from the south of the county my heroes were The Bards of the Barleycorn if anyone came across them?

On that LP John Crisp (I think it was he) played one of my ex-girlfriend''s guitar - about the only vicarious claim to fame I have. It take me back to more than the geography of the area I can tell you!

Anyway, the obvious draw this week is on Sunday at Leicester vs Aston Villa at 11/4.

For the Norwich game I''m going for a home win at 11/8.

Good luck Jelly & Molly & all the other PuPs.

Back to the Championship for me now that the international break is over so my pick is Charlton to beat Rotherham.

For Norwich its Jerome to score the first goal and a 2-1 win for us.

I''m going to miss our game on Sat and the pups get together as am at a family wedding out of Norfolk but hope you all enjoy the game and I''ll catch up with you pups another Sat

The very best of luck to Jellytot and Molly Windley.My search for value picks isn''t going too well, so if this week''s selection is unsuccessful I may have to reappraise my strategy and get some bankers on the board! However, I am pretty confident about this one.GFC Ajaccio have just been promoted to Ligue 1 for the first time ever, and they''re finding the step up pretty severe. They''re yet to score in their opening four matches, sitting 0-1-3 overall and having lost their only home game so far 2-0 to unfancied Angers.Monaco are having a pretty shaky start to the season, with a 1-2-1 record, but they''re unbeaten in their two away games and their sole defeat was against PSG. A trip to Anderlecht in the Europa League next Thursday shouldn''t distract them from their pressing need to move up the table, and they should have way too much strength in depth for their tiny opponents. Should be around even money for an away win, maybe slightly odds against.For the match bet, I hate to be pessimistic but I have a feeling our leaky defence coupled with Bournemouth''s technical excellence and counter-attacking skills could lead to a high-scoring affair. Therefore I think Bournemouth to win and over 3.5 goals at 8/1 with Paddy Power is a good contingency bet to take a few consolation quid should we end up losing the match. If said bet isn''t available with the bookies of choice, a simple Bournemouth to win and both teams to score is 9/2.

Hi PUPS, I''m off to Greece this week with Olympiakos vs. Platanias (Olympiakos home win). NN, I''m away on holibobs next week so how is the best way to leave my selection (PM or just stick it on this thread)?

For the match bet I''ll go for Mbokani to score on debut! [:D]

Good luck one and all.

Apples

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But on the plus side Angel you''ll also miss that blessed speech....[/quote]It will be available on BBC i player. [Y]

Maybe it''s a strange thing to say, but from a newbie''s point of view I''ll be stumped when it comes to my turn to pick because the league table doesn''t really tell me who the best pickers are, at least when taking profit into account.A couple of weeks ago I nearly went for a Napoli draw or win @ 1/5 when they played at home to Sampdoria. The game wasn''t a foregone conclusion at poor odds, but the stats pointed very strongly at Napoli avoiding a defeat. It would have been a good choice too, seeing as Napoli went 2 up and got a 2-2 draw.So far Napoli have had an away loss and a home draw, following on from a couple of defeats at the back end of last season (to Juventus and Lazio). But the fact that they''ve not gone more than 4 away games without winning since 2009/10 makes a win seem overdue. I''d see them at least avoiding a loss at Empoli (@2/11), but a Napoli away win @ 4/5 is the best I can suggest in terms of value.For the Norwich game I''ll suggest Bournemouth to win 2-1. I think they''ll prove too good for us and take advantage of our recent troubles, whilst coping with their own recent injury disappointment. This match has goals written all over it, similar to when they played away at West Ham, and over 2.5 goals @ 19/20 looks a decent bet regardless of the final result.

Here we go again, good luck to pickers.

For me I will go for a nice safe Hibs win over Alloa in Scottish championship.

And not so safe Norwich to win 2-1, Howson to score anytime.

C''mon you pups.......Happy picking

Unlucky last week Parma but a double up bet this week on the accy for Jelltot, so good luck with your picks.Not alone in choosing this bet but Forest Green vs Southport in the Vanarama National League  looks a nailed on home win a 1/3.Forest Green have played 8 and won 8 whilst Southport away have lost 3 and drawn 1 and are yet to score a goal away from home.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]

NN, I''m away on holibobs next week so how is

the best way to leave my selection (PM or just stick it on this

thread)?

[/quote]

Whichever is good for you buddy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But on the plus side Angel you''ll also miss that blessed speech....[/quote]
Family wedding in the Midlands or the game and Tilly''s speech, difficult choice [:)]

In the FA Cup- Grays Athletic should beat Biggleswade.

Grays are in the Ryman Premier, Biggleswade are in the Evostik premier, whatever that is

Best of luck all.

Fancy a high scoring game on Saturday, 2-2