Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Louis Thompson

It''s good. As with the twins the loans will be more beneficial than U21 games and it frees up space for our younger players to progress. Expect Connor McGrandles to be next.

Looks like Adams job wasn''t manufactured after all....

I''d like to see us get a connection with a lower league club and send all the lads to one club together, the Murphy brothers look like they just know where each other are on the field and if these players are ever gonna play for our first team the more time spent playing together the better

Yes Ben. That would fit perfectly with what I was saying last week. Our U21s were well beaten by PSV but were better than Chelsea a few days earlier. The difference was that PSV U21s play in the Dutch equivalent of our championship.

Loans are better than U21s for competitive football but all playing in a competitive league together would be better still.

They obviously thought otherwise winky.

So what do we have now, Josh at MK, Jake sent to Coventry, Morris at Accies, Thompson at Swindon, is that it so far?

Thanks Branston, I''d forgotten about Remi. He''s doing well too isn''t he? The other two are just senior players getting fit, they don''t interest me so much although it''s good to keep tabs on them.

We could have a thread every week keeping up with them all. I reckon Winky would be good for that! Up for it Winky?

Nutty wrote; Thanks Branston, I''d forgotten about Remi. He''s doing well too isn''t he? The other two are just senior players getting fit, they don''t interest me so much although it''s good to keep tabs on them.

Shame because at moment Remi cant get a start at Burton, he is on the bench as No2 GK, which is a shame, hope Jimmy starts playing him soon or a waste of a loan.

It does seem a bit of a waste. Remi was there last season for a month but didn''t play. He played the first game this season which was Burton''s first ever win at that level when they beat Scunthorpe 2-1. That''s one more game than he''d have got here I guess.

My daughter tells me that Louis Thompson loan is up till 18th December because his 21st birthday is the 19th December when he will not be counted as a youth loan !

What a great shame there is a need to send these players out on loan.

With a meaningful, well rewarded Premiership Reserve League the players would learn the game against the best players that other top clubs presently send out on loan and other seasoned pros who now play in almost meaningless Under 21 matches for match time.

It would also mean continuity for the young player, learning the game the club''s way, getting to know all the senior pros at their club better, understanding the coaching ethics of their own club and being part of the community where they earn his livings.

It would also stop the rape of the system by the top clubs who use it only for their own use to promote players they are not sure about .... just as Liverpool are doing with Wisdom.

The loan system was brought in to help smaller clubs when they were desperate for a few players because of injury and the like. It has been taken over by the rich who are getting richer at the expense of the lesser clubs and makes the gap between the top 5 or 6 much greater now than it ever was.

Perhaps we would all be better off with no loans at all, where players could prove their worth playing in the reserve teams for a first team place.

Well I think you''ll managers like sending them out and playing real football. Where results mean something. Playing with guys who have mortgages to pay etc. Can only do them a favour

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/09/2015 11:55 .

"We could have a thread every week keeping up with them all. I reckon Winky would be good for that! Up for it Winky? "

Just for you Nigel 😄

TONY Andreu and Vadis Odjidja both made their debuts on Saturday as Rotherham United earned a 1-1 draw away to Charlton Athletic in the Sky Bet Championship.

The duo, who by coincidence had featured against the Millers during City''s Capital One Cup second round victory last month, penned deals to move to Yorkshire on a short-term basis on transfer deadline day.

Farrend Rawson''s strike had given the away side a half-time lead, only for Patrick Bauer to rescue a point for the Addicks following Andreu''s header being kept out superbly by goalkeeper Nick Pope.

Elsewhere, Josh Murphy played the full match for MK Dons as two goals in the final 20 minutes consigned Karl Robinson''s side to a 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

Meanwhile, Michael Turner was an unused substitute as Sheffield Wednesday were beaten 3-1 in Burnley.

The central defender is yet to make his Owls debut, having moved to Hillsborough on a season-long loan last month.

In Sky Bet League One, Louis Thompson made his Swindon Town return as a second half substitute during a 4-1 loss at Barnsley on Saturday.

Having spent last season on loan with the Robins after completing a permanent switch to the Canaries, Thompson rejoined the Club on a short-term deal at the end of last week.

The same division also saw Remi Matthews pressed into action from the bench, with the young goalkeeper replacing Jon McLaughin during high-flying Burton Albion''s 1-0 win over Rochdale.

Matthews featured from the 24th minute onwards, helping his side keep an invaluable clean sheet to underline their early promotion credentials.

Another Canary involved in the third tier was Jacob Murphy, who played the opening 54 minutes of Coventry City''s 1-0 defeat at Scunthorpe United.

The young winger, who temporarily represented Scunthorpe last season, was replaced by Ryan Kent as Paddy Madden''s late strike settled matters in the Iron''s favour.

In Scotland, fellow Academy graduate Carlton Morris was withdrawn late on as Hamilton Academical were convincingly beaten 4-1 by St Johnstone.

Finally, Ricky van Wolfswinkel was an unused substitute as Real Betis claimed a 1-0 home win over Real Sociedad in La Liga.

That looks awfully familiar winky, I wonder where I might have seen that before...

As for remi, is that not at least three? First league match of the season, this match and i thought he got many plaudits for his performance in the league cup against boro which went to extra time...

[quote user="cornish sam"]That looks awfully familiar winky, I wonder where I might have seen that before...

As for remi, is that not at least three? First league match of the season, this match and i thought he got many plaudits for his performance in the league cup against boro which went to extra time...[/quote]

Yes, sorry Sam I meant in the league. He got plaudits for that first game which was also Burton''s first win at that level. It must be exciting to be playing a part at a club that''s breaking new ground.

It''s on the club site, hopefully they will do it as a regular feature.

It''s good to keep tabs on how our lads are doing.