Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Alex Neil/ Eddie Howe

Did I hear right on Canary Call that one caller thought Bournemouth were our nemesis team last season? Not sure if I heard right? I think that AN has the Indian sign over EH, making Bournemouth look very ordinary.

Perhaps the media will now make AN their media darling (highly unlikely I know!) over the housewives favourite, but they can concentrate on everyone else bar AN for all I care.

AN is going about his business in a very smart, successful and efficient way, without getting sucked in by all the adulation.

We like it that way..................

Eddie Howe is a joke

Can only work in Bournemouth, he wishes he had the talent of Alex Neil

Can''t wait for the day when Bournmouth are not the media darlings hate them with a vengeance hope they go down.All you hear about is Bournmouth this Bournmouth that Are they the next Swansea or Crystal Palace. They have never been in premership before and if they think they are one of the above teams they had better think again

Incredibly satisfying to see Howe with a face like a slapped ar$e on Match of the Day and the media not able to fawn all over Bournemouth this week

Howe loves himself even more than the media do and were he made out of chocolate ,would eat his smug self.

Even caught him using the phrase "belief systems" a couple of weeks ago .......w@nker.

He and Bournemouth will quickly find ,if they hadnt realised already, that their brand of football will not work at this level....and I''m not sure if he is able to get them to play a different way.Two of our goals came from their players giving the ball away through their attempts to play their "total football"

A hard season ahead for Bourenmouth morseo when you account for the fact that they won''t get penalties to bail them out of a tight spot as happened on so many occasions last season.

Wouldnt surprise me if they end up being another Portsmouth in the next few years when it all falls apart.

Or Blackpool. Another club with dodgy owners way out of their depth. Currently lanquishing near the foot of L21 with gates of 7,000 or so. Much as Bournemouth had gates of around 5,000 a few years back. Bottom at Xmas and back in the Cchampionship by April

This vitriol towards Howe is a bit odd- what has he done to offend you so much? He has done a great job with Bournemouth and I''d much rather see them in the top division than teams like Villa and Sunderland, dining out on past glories. They play good football (though they were the second best team I saw at Carrow Road last season even though we got a point).

Glad we beat them but wish them nothing but success.

its this whole little Bournemouth fairytale rubbish....when the reality is quite different,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069401/Bournemouth-promotion-comes-cost-Cherries-owner-Maxim-Demin-Premier-League-new-boys-announce-debt-21-5m.html

Oh yeah I know all of that and the constant praise can get a bit tiresome but that isn''t really Howes fault. They''ve got a good squad, good manager, play nice football and have fans who seem to be really enjoying themselves. Can''t get to annoyed by all of that.

Obviously helps we beat them though.

I wish nothing but misery and failure on all the sugar daddy clubs. I don''t care if, even like Bournemouth they don''t spend a fortune, I still don''t like them. They''re the reason the money in football is currently out of control.

Don''t mention Sky, Sky had been pumping money in for a decade and it was still affordable to go to games regularly, it wasn''t until Abramovic et all came over and ruined it all too inflate their own ego''s that prices started getting really stupid.

Every league in the world should follow the German model, but that will never happen, not in this country especially as we can''t have our sadistic, selfish elite being told they can''t have something! Even if it fu(ks the rest of us over.

Fu(k Bournemouth and the rest. Eddie Howe really isn''t that great either, we play a much more exciting brand of football and our manager has done it at two different clubs

[quote user="king canary"]This vitriol towards Howe is a bit odd- what has he done to offend you so much? He has done a great job with Bournemouth and I''d much rather see them in the top division than teams like Villa and Sunderland, dining out on past glories. They play good football (though they were the second best team I saw at Carrow Road last season even though we got a point).

Glad we beat them but wish them nothing but success.[/quote]

I''m very glad they are in the PL so they are one of the three teams we need to finish below us - which they will. Along with Sunderland and Watford.

I thought the German model was that clubs develop good players and then sell them to Bayern Munich. Not sure that''s something we want to import.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]

Every league in the world should follow the German model, but that will never happen, not in this country especially as we can''t have our sadistic, selfish elite being told they can''t have something! Even if it fu(ks the rest of us over. [/quote]I''m sure Jeremy Corbyn has the Premier League on his list. Might need to renationalise the railways and utilities first though.

Ricky-

I''d argue that the likes of Abramovic were the natural progression of what Sky started. The money made it a closed shop already as United and Arsenal won all but won league between 1992 and 2004. The only way for any team to break that monopoly was by spending huge amounts of money so in stepped Chelsea and Man City. It is so warped now that even someone like Randy Lerner couldn''t crack the top 4 despite investing a pretty huge amount.

The ticket prices thing I''m not sure is down to ''sugar daddies'' either. I think it''s down to most fans compliant acceptance that clubs are a business and thus must be run like one, milking ever possible chance for profit rather than competitive sporting clubs run for their fans and as a part of the local community.

Oh and to whoever mentioned Bournemouth going down- if they defend like they did yesterday much more than they''ll definitely struggle.

Eddie Howe, young, trendy, in charge of a small club, never been in the top league, play exciting football.......of course he was always going to be the media darling this season.  The fact that he looked out of his depth after the match speaks volumes for the fragility of what he and Bn''mth are trying to do. 

We are altogether a different proposition for the media.  Still considered unfashionable country cousins, we have been hovering around the top league for a while and many will expect us to go down again this season.....but I still get the feeling that some of these media types haven''t quite cottoned on to AN and his ability.  It''s almost unheard of for a manager to do what he has done in the last two seasons - two consecutive promotions to a top league, bringing an attitude and style of football that is effective, business like and full of desire - and he gets the best out of his players. A few more performances like yesterday and the first three games and they will eventually take more notice of him....and us. 

Yes they play good football (Bournemouth) yes he is a bright young manager, and i''m not sure why but i just can''t warm to him, it might be he loves himself (might be that the wife says he''s good looking),

But they will, IMO, spend a load more in January out of desperation and do a QPR, AN on the other hand will remain focused on getting the best out of what he has at his disposal, and when Jan comes around will add if he thinks its going to make us better, simple really, no competition.

Been saying for ages that Eddie Howe just seems very, very smug.

And actually, for all he and others say about Bournemouth playing good attacking football they do get men behind the ball. The bus was parked yesterday and it was parked when they played here last season.

The bile directed on here at Bournemouth is undeserved. They aren''t responsible for the media hype. They are in the EPL on merit as winners of last season''s Championship. They are a well run small club and despite overspending on Gradel and Mings have basically kept faith with their Championship players and bought sensibly with an eye on the real possibility of relegation. The foreign owner has had the sense to leave running the club in the hands of people who do know what they are doing; the chances of them emulating Portsmouth or Blackpool are minimal. We should welcome their presence in the EPL and stop denigrating their considerable achievement.

Agree with all that.

They are a very small club, and always will be as things stand at the present, but they are there on merit and deserve their time in the Sun.

Never forget the debt we owe to that "small" club for providing us with managers (eg. John Bond) and players (eg. Kevin Reeves etc. etc.) who graced one of the better (aka most marvellous) times in our history.

The fact that they do not seem to have enough going for them to survive the season (along with some awful luck) is surely in our favour too.

Their whole game is based on tippy-tappy, keep-ball until Callum Wilson can get in behind the centre half. We nullified that very early on with our midfield closing them down, denying them the space and time to do it. Bassong and Martin controlled Wilson all game, so he hardly had a kick.

Other teams will watch what we did and if they do the same as us, Bournemouth will be in for a long season.

It helped that Brady, Jarvis and Wes were excellent, as were Jerome and Howson.

Indeed Woodman. We were talking at the game, and saying that (thankfully) Wilson was quiet, and that was because of our midfield stifling the Bournemouth supply lines.

If Wilson gets injured then, Bournemouth will be right up there, without a paddle

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Indeed Woodman. We were talking at the game, and saying that (thankfully) Wilson was quiet, and that was because of our midfield stifling the Bournemouth supply lines.

If Wilson gets injured then, Bournemouth will be right up there, without a paddle[/quote]

Just emphasises their ill-luck in losing Gradel and why they were so keen to sign Grabban.

True, though they have Murray as well now.

We seem to be a very fit team as well, which enables us to do all that hard running when we don''t have the ball. It''ll be interesting to see if we adopt a similar tactic when we play the so called bigger teams when we won''t have the ball as often. Only Southampton have outplayed us this season, with us down to 10 men. We were very unlucky in the Palace game, with a bad refereeing decision costing us. Makes the OTT reaction about Benteke''s goal all the more sickening!

Re. fitness, one of the less obvious ways in which Bournemouth are likely to be behind the game is in terms of an EPL-standard medical and performance infrastructure. You can''t over-estimate the importance of several seasons worth of TV money in developing those kinds of off-field resources. (And amid all the talk about how much money we ourselves have to spend on players, and the grumbles about reluctance to spend it, people forget to factor in the cost of reversing any cutting back in those areas following relegation.)

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Ricky Spanish"]

Every league in the world should follow the German model, but that will never happen, not in this country especially as we can''t have our sadistic, selfish elite being told they can''t have something! Even if it fu(ks the rest of us over. [/quote]I''m sure Jeremy Corbyn has the Premier League on his list. Might need to renationalise the railways and utilities first though.[/quote]

What turn services that people rely on and can''t live without back to being services instead of being run for profits to benefit the hereditary rich? I could live with that!

Running services that people absolutely need as a business...am I the only one that finds that terrifying?

Ricky Spanish - "I wish nothing but misery and failure on all the sugar daddy clubs. I don''t care if, even like Bournemouth they don''t spend a fortune"

Hasn''t the Norwich owners had to pay players wages, put the money in for transfers and bail out the club with interest free loans? To me that sounds like a "sugar daddy club" that hasn''t spent a fortune.

There''s a difference between buying success and compensating for a debt racked up by a callous, disinterested manager who wanted instant success to boost his own reputation at the expense of the club.

Out of the top flight clubs us, West Brom, Palace and Swansea are showing them all how it''s done and if every other club followed our model ticket prices would be so much more reasonable.

Clubs should only be allowed to spend what they make in ticket/merchandise and TV money..we or any other club shouldnt be able to gain an unfair advantage because one spoilt billionaire wants to use us as their plaything.

You must see that there''s a huge difference between what our fantastic owners have done and Bournemouth''s (for example..Southampton would be another) by waiting until they''re in admin to get them on the cheap then pump what is small change to them into the club to buy success and fame, over infating all running costs to screw your average paying fan out of the game

Woodman wrote: " ....... We seem to be a very fit team as well, which enables us to do all that hard running when we don''t have the ball."

All that hard running? According to this BBC analysis of the weekend''s matches

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34249318

our players covered fewer miles than any other team apart from Stoke (who spent their entire game defending deep against Arsenal). The stats come from opta.