Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

support

I can''t get to many games these days due to the cost sect ,but was watching game on sky sport in evening,it seemed to me like there was no support or noise coming from home fans until we were 2-0 up ,until then all you could have almost thought it was a training session. Is it the way the mikes are set up or is carrow road quiet?. Seems that away support is so much more in evidence. But different from when I attended every match home and way for over 20 years when the whole ground would sing or raise scarfs to on the ball or you never walk alone.

Support was decent yesterday, especially the second half. I thought the same as you watching the Sky highlights so can only think they were commentating while watching it on Tv in the bar.

First half was the worst our fans have been all season, to be fair.
Second half we were much better. People complain about lack of noise at Carrow Road from home fans and whilst it could be better, most away games I go to I always think the oppositions home fans are much, much quieter.

The best gauge is not what we think but comments from the away fans. Where I am it''s pretty good as the Snake Pit from my right gets most things going.

I have to agree the first half seamed a little quieter than previous games.

Here we go again. Another moan about our support from the OP who admits he can''t attend games to be fair.

There is no doubt that the effects mikes are not placed in the best position to reflect the true atmosphere. It has been like that for years but Hogesar correctly points out the reverse impression at away games.

One of the constants are the repeated comments from visiting players, managers and reporters of the great atmosphere at The Carra.

Anyone want to moan about support and atmosphere I refer you to the Portaloo.

Well said Bury........

I refer you to bit on another post from a Bournemouth fan;-

First time I have been to Carrow Road. A fantastic stadium, crowd close to the pitch and a great atmosphere - for the home fans that is! A real family club, like us but without the bad language that sadly still emanates from some at Dean Court and must put off many families with kids- that''s if they can get tickets. I have grandchildren who are longing to come and support my club, but no way can they get tickets. And can someone devise a song like the one they sing at the start of the match and when they score?

Finally the pies - rubbish compared with ours!

So he feels they scored on the pies, we outscored everywhere else, for those that don''t come along, no need to worry about CR.

I think there is much more of a worry about games now. Each one in the last five seasons or so was important as points either kept us up or got us up. So mayall shoved in together. What I would add is with the soul less new stadiums often putting a bit of distance between the players and the fans the tightness (if that is the right word) of Carrow Road may come as a bit of a shock to some. Long may ot remain so.

I don''t have a problem with people saying we aren''t as vocal in support as we used to be. We aren''t, and there are many reasons for that.

We aren''t the quietest and we aren''t the loudest. It''s a fact.

But to say we sounded crap on match of the day? Literally, do one.

I still think the fans are quieter than a few seasons ago. Under Lambert the place was rocking. I think the Hughton era really knocked the crowd and it’s taken a long time to recover, even with the promotion last year. You can also see it with the players, they are only now getting used to the attacking style, sometimes you can almost see them question themselves when on the attack. Luckily I think AN has mostly got this out of them and got their attacking confidence and freedom back. And with that the crowd is responding.

[quote user="hogesar"]First half was the worst our fans have been all season, to be fair.
Second half we were much better. People complain about lack of noise at Carrow Road from home fans and whilst it could be better, most away games I go to I always think the oppositions home fans are much, much quieter.
[/quote]^^^ Very much this.I have lost count of the away grounds I have gone to, that before I went was under the impression had a good atmosphere, and was proved wrong.Chelsea and Newcastle spring to mind.

Totally agree about St James''s Park – went a couple of seasons ago when we lost 1-0 and it was like a morgue.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]....There is no doubt that the effects mikes are not placed in the best position to reflect the true atmosphere.... [/quote]That may well be true but makes no difference when you''re in the ground.There''s no doubt that home fans are a lot quieter at Carrow Rd than they used to be and that was true on Saturday until we scored. Likewise when we go away we find that the home team''s fans are pretty quiet too.Talking to someone I know who''s in the Lower Barclay made a good point when he said that it''s usually quieter when it''s a sunny day as everyone''s dozing off in the glare....

My first time at Anfield I thought it was amazing the way the Kop sang YNWA and waved their scarves before kick off, but during the game the atmosphere wasn''t anything special. I don''t think we''re particularly louder or quieter than anyone else really.

Missed my first home game in a long time on Saturday, what a game to miss, are there an extended highlights anywhere?

Let''s see what an actual player thinks of our support, coming from someone who has played at some huge grounds at 07:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4JjaoZ-sc&feature=youtu.be