Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

Mbokani vs Jerome

Are we impressed? I thought Mbokani looked sharp when he came on and was unlucky not to score (as Jerome and Grabban have been too). I think the most pleasing thing was his use of the ball, he looked like he would be able to play in any of our other three attacking players with a bit more guile than the other two. Also very pleased Jerome is off the mark, we could have really good competition for that spot now.

COYY!!

I''m so happy to have more than 1 striker who could play up top by themselves effectively. Mbokani looked great and like you said, was unlucky not to score. Looked fit and very quick and eager to get involved.

From the sounds of things Mbokani was our number one target so to actually get him in was great business. Hard to judge from 15 mins but he looked very promising!

Jerome just played the same game he did from the play of final

on his day he can hustle with the best of them

Mbokani looked good but we need to see a lot more of him before we know

Tempting fate, but Mbokani looked terrific to me. Marginally more athletic than Jerome, & with a bit more hunger.

I also get the feeling (pure instinct) that he would be off at the first opportunity, but I wouldn''t blame him for that if he''s good enough.

Who knows. Anyway, we''ve got Jerome, & Neil is getting him to play the best football of his career.

OTBC!!

Perhaps we have found our new Holt ie someone who can stick the ball in the net if he gets half a chance. As opposed to Grabban who needs at least five go''s at it. Stoke at home should show what a difference being able to put them away can make, even accepting Butlands heroic efforts. So far it is hard to fault any of the summer intake. get Mulumbu back and VOO firing who should be up for a top half position.

AN won''t drop Jerome after he has just scored. Mbokani will have to wait for his chance. But he looked promising from what we saw. 

The Cup game would be an ideal time to give him a go. Looks strong and mobile, but I can''t help feeling he might have done better with the one chance he had on Saturday - might be being a bit harsh though

[quote user="lharman7"]Er he got what 10 minutes?

Think i''ll reserve judgement until he''s had at least 3-4 starts.[/quote]

Fairest comment I''ve seen on this thread so far. Right now I''d say we know Jerome can do the business so he has the shirt.

If the Wolf or Grabban had missed that chance where the ball seemed to end up behind Mbokani they would have been slaughtered. He lost a couple of aerial battles too.

Good addition to the squad though and I think he''ll provide good competition for places in the front line.

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Mbokani vs Jerome

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 14/09/2015 5:59 AM:

Jerome was superb Saturday, maybe having a "top" striker on the bench helped, and the glimpses we saw of Mbokani would suggest that is exactly the case, and if so what a find.

Good to hear.

Yes only a brief spell, but he looks like he can effectively play up front on his own, and my big concern has been that we''d no cover if Jerome was injured. So that''s all I could ask at this point. And competition for the CF position can only be a good thing for us.

Disappointing our defence switched off for their goal. CB is the one area in our squad I''m not happy with. Have to see how we get on up against Benteke. It could be worse, at least they don''t have Suarez any more, but Benteke is quite capable of causing us problems !

I liked what I saw but you can''t judge him on ten minutes against a team that''s trying to score a goal to get back in a game so were open. If I recall kei kamara looked equally as good on his first sub appearance.

If he turns out to be grabban n Jerome rolled into one then great but I suspect he''s more Lafferty n grabban but let''s judge him after 10 games.

Absolutely impossible to judge him on a 10 minute cameo in a game already won. I would say he seemed to be relatively strong with a bit of pace, but that''s as far as my judgement will go. Hopefully a good signing.

Lets get real. The guy has only played 10 mins against a poor tiring team.