Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Can this be true?

Definitely true (unfortunately) - and is potentially damaging our ability to capitalise on the next generation of support, support that could be forever lost to that grubby little club should they become more successful.

I live and work in North Suffolk - my kids play local football and I am aware of many families that attend matches at PR due to ticket availability, despite being impartial with their support - they just want to go several times a season to see professional football.

This really is a largely unrecognised problem. We must give very careful consideration to implementing much needed capacity increase at the earliest opportunity.

Given our very mediocre net spend throughout the summer transfer window, if we were to survive in the PL this season (& enjoy the benefit of a substantial increase in turnover from next season onwards), expansion is a no-brainer I would think.

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

Definitely true (unfortunately) - and is potentially damaging our ability to capitalise on the next generation of support, support that could be forever lost to that grubby little club should they become more successful.

I live and work in North Suffolk - my kids play local football and I am aware of many families that attend matches at PR due to ticket availability, despite being impartial with their support - they just want to go several times a season to see professional football.

This really is a largely unrecognised problem. We must give very careful consideration to implementing much needed capacity increase at the earliest opportunity.

Given our very mediocre net spend throughout the summer transfer window, if we were to survive in the PL this season (& enjoy the benefit of a substantial increase in turnover from next season onwards), expansion is a no-brainer I would think.

[/quote]I don''t know how widespread this problem is; however that is exists at all doesn''t surprise me. One poster (now disappeared) always used to rubbish the "lost-generation" argument when I put it forward, but it was an obvious danger, because of the combination of a stadium often too small for demand, a large percentage of season tickets, and high prices for the few casual tickets available.

Lol if you''d even consider going to watch ipswich then I don''t want you anywhere near Carrow road.

I went there once with a friend from Stowmarket, around 1981, it smelt funny, unlike the Hawthorns which smelt nice but they talked funny. Funnily enough WBA were playing Fulham, the locals thought i was a londoner and started giving me grief. When i explained where i was really from, i was ''at me grannies'' as they say over here.

Stadium expansion is a good idea, we have the fans to fill it while we are in the prem, and should we go down then sensible ticket pricing would ensure it stays full.

Unlike them, who only sell out when we come to town.

I''ve been saying for years that we are locking out family''s from going to Carrow Road.The first move towards this would be to move a few season ticket holders along, so that there are more seats together. This would allow father and son/daughter to sit next to each other. At the moment it''s one seat here and another over there. No parent is going to book these.

Well if this is true it seems to me a shift in policy from the early days of our current CEO as first he stopped 3 and 5 year season tickets also cheap tickets for kids which has nearly brought about this ''lost'' generation. Now we have 3 year season tickets back and an obvious concern that kids are prevented from going on a regular basis.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well if this is true it seems to me a shift in policy from the early days of our current CEO as first he stopped 3 and 5 year season tickets also cheap tickets for kids which has nearly brought about this ''lost'' generation. Now we have 3 year season tickets back and an obvious concern that kids are prevented from going on a regular basis.[/quote]I don''t know whether there has been any change in policy on stadium expansion from the directors, or obvious concern, as opposed to some fans thinking there should be!But if there has been a shift it may just been a question of long-term policy coming back to the fore. Even in September 2012, when stadium expansion was kicked into the long grass for the time being, McNally was still saying how much the UEA survey validated the general idea.

I think it was the young offenders institute, sponsored by Marcus Bent, was part of their punishment and 3 visits was usually enough to make them never offend again (unless of course they actually lied for the scum)

I was thinking of taking my kids to see Colchester United due to lack of tickets but then thought why should I, I''m a city fan through and through. So made some effort with priority membership and going on line the moment tickets on sale and will be going to second game of the season soon. Plan to go once a month (and City now have two new fans to boot!!!!).

It perhaps can be expensive, true, but for me it''s worth it.

ipswich, dreary me! Cambridge at least play in a sort of yellow!

[quote user="Chelmeryellow"]I was thinking of taking my kids to see Colchester United due to lack of tickets but then thought why should I, I''m a city fan through and through. So made some effort with priority membership and going on line the moment tickets on sale and will be going to second game of the season soon. Plan to go once a month (and City now have two new fans to boot!!!!).

It perhaps can be expensive, true, but for me it''s worth it.

ipswich, dreary me! Cambridge at least play in a sort of yellow![/quote]I don''t want to upset you, but the second game of the season was a month ago. [:(]

I don`t think the "generation locked out" argument is quite as serious as some think, as it is common practise for several season tickets together to be shared between family and groups of friends. Many people don`t like being "tied" to a home game every other week. Having said that, groups of casual supporters who hear the build up to a game and think "I quite fancy that" have virtually no chance and we have pretty much zero walkup anymore. People have rather bizarrely claimed that the fact that we struggle to sell a few hundred single and restricted view seats in the worst part of the ground indicates a lack of demand, but the truth is whenever the away team return a block in the Jarrold it sells easily.

Expansion if we stay up is a no-brainer and I think that supporters are being prepared for it. It`s not just about extra seats for supporters- it gives the impression of an ambitious club on the up and sells the club better to quality players and staff.

DEB

In your post you wrote:

If they want to see Professional Football, then there is no fear of them going to PR