Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

They know they've done badly.

Hence the vanishing act and silence from AN & McNally...............shame on them.

The radio silence does seem odd with the fans response after the closure of the window I was amazed they didn''t comment

Equally surprised Archant didn''t at least try and ask the questions either!

Badly is a tad strong, taken too long to ensure we strengthened the back line and add quality to the starting 11, dissapointing for whatever reason.

Still the key now is to support the team and manager, hope that the loans buy into our cause and give full effort, history shows that our loan signings at this level are never that great.

Oh for another Huckerby!

Or its because it''s international week so there are no obligatory press duties. I wouldn''t expect them to come out and say anything because there is no need to.

Anyway what would it do to squad morale if you got your wish wiz? Manager and chief says transfer window is a disaster shows a lack of confidence in players signed and those already at the club undermining their belief.

Martin quote from the front page -

“But when business is left that late on deadline day it is tough to get it done. But Everton wanted to keep him and there’s no surprise there. I’m sure our club will be disappointed. I know as players we were disappointed and I’m sure the manager will feel the same.”

Says a lot

[quote user="Wiz"]Hence the vanishing act and silence from AN & McNally...............shame on them.[/quote]

When are YOU going to do a vanishing act?

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="Wiz"]Hence the vanishing act and silence from AN & McNally...............shame on them.[/quote]

When are YOU going to do a vanishing act? [/quote]And it was going so well.  [:(]

Maybe you should produce some sort of figures, perhaps in the form of a bar or pie chart, to quantify how much we normally hear from them, to support your claim.

I would rather AN carried on working with the new signings, getting them match fit and integrated into the system and squad.

With "fans" like some of those on this message board, the club has missed a clear marketing opportunity to sell a fourth kit which is a hairshirt.

Wishbone wrote the following post at 05/09/2015 11:07 AM:

Martin quote from the front page -

“But when business is left that late on deadline day it is tough to get it done. But Everton wanted to keep him and there’s no surprise there. I’m sure our club will be disappointed. I know as players we were disappointed and I’m sure the manager will feel the same.”

Says a lot

It did sound a bit critical.

[quote user="morty"]Maybe you should produce some sort of figures, perhaps in the form of a bar or pie chart, to quantify how much we normally hear from them, to support your claim.[/quote]I subscribe to Canary Player morty, and their usual new soundbites/ video''s have vanished on there.

Especially with the sale of BJ it was terribly quite and the article announcing his departure was very short and on point.

I do find it weird nobody has come out to explain the reasons behind his departure, if they had it wouldn''t sit so badly with the fans if there was reasoning but there has been none. If the talking is done on the pitch in the next game then I''m sure we''ll get over it but the pressure is on now to go as we are up until Jan and get the points we need.

[quote user="James Kent"]Shall we wait until the next game until we judge.

If we smash Bournemouth 4-0 does that mean we have done badly?[/quote]My use of the ''badly'' was harsh James, maybe ''poorly'' would have been better.

[quote user="James Kent"]Shall we wait until the next game until we judge.

If we smash Bournemouth 4-0 does that mean we have done badly?[/quote]

Hate to think what will happen if it''s 0 - 4 !!!!!!!!

I honestly believe that their failure to bring in another quality center back has all but relegated us. May sound like a knee jerk reaction but our current back two is only just lower PL quality as is their only competition in Bennett. One injury or some suspensions and were in real trouble now. Success needs competition to keep players focused. We have no competition for places there

And when have we ever been good at defending in the Premier League? First season we went up with had a back 4 of Tierney, Elliot Ward, Whitbread and Martin. This season we have Olsson, Bassong, Martin and Whittaker.... know which defence I think is stronger. Knee jerk reactions only 4 games in having played very well in 3 of those games are pathetic and you need to get a grip.

Not really. Injuries happen in football and if or when we get them we have no replacements. An injury and suspension and we''ve got someone like Tettey playing center back. You need to grasp reality

As for the lack of stuff coming out of the club/on Canaries Player, it is always like that during international breaks - being ''remote'' from things I notice these things! I was a little surprised at nothing coming out on the window goings on (even bigging it up and/or ''showing'' that Grabs is back in the fold). The fact is that a fair number of the players are away, and there''s usually a bit of break for the rest - at least I believe they don''t do full training for the week.

If Martin gets injured playing for Scotland Monday night then for one of our biggest games of the season saturday we will have our only two center back options starting with no cover on the bench. What happens if either of those pick up a knock or even a red card in the match who is playing at center back then? Injuries and suspensions are hardly sensationlist BS they are part of the game

If if if. What if no one gets injured and they all come back fit? What if we sign someone in the interim? Your scenario seems to suggest that we''d be short even with 4-5 recognised cb''s, and no side will have that at at their disposal given the squad rules.

[quote user="JF"]Not really. Injuries happen in football and if or when we get them we have no replacements. An injury and suspension and we''ve got someone like Tettey playing center back. You need to grasp reality[/quote]You''re right, I need to grasp reality. Reality is, neither of our defenders our injured, think Bassong missed one game last season due to injury, Martin none if memory serves me right. If we lose both Bassong and Martin, then Bennett and Wisdom would step in. Bit pathetic to be worrying about what could happen isn''t it? Mbokani could turn out to be a 20 goal a season striker who fires us in to the Europa League

oh you mean the same Wisdom that will be starting that match at right back for the already suspended Whitticker? Do you see how this works now?

No you''re right branston, injuries, suspensions and loss of form don''t happen in football. I genuinely don''t understand why other clubs bother having a larger squad of players

To be fair, Bennett is our very own Anderton always injured and not sure I''d like to see a Wisdom / Bennett combo at CB, though they could turn out to be fantastic!

Still don''t see that''s it''s been a terrible transfer window, more like a swap, Johnson for Jarvis, not strengthening, Garrido for Brady, still has to prove himself in my book, Mullumbu in, Dorrans permenant and then Wisdom & the striker on loan, both really have little experience at this level.

So in my book not mush quality added more freshened the squad.

I''m looking forward to seeing if Thompson can push on to his potential and push on.

Let''s be honest here, Alex Neil isn''t an idiot.

He will have a plan if those injuries do occur, maybe he knows someone in the squad can cover if needs be. Maybe he knows one of our youth players could step up.

The fact he didn''t sign that central defender and let Turner out on loan, suggests he has a plan. Maybe it''s Wisdom at central defence as suggested. Yes, he is playing at right back for one game but that''s all.

At the moment we don''t have an injury problem so why are we invented them? Elliott Bennett can also play at right back if needed. I would agree that this defence is stronger than we have had in the past. We just need to score enough and we''ll be fine.

[quote user="James Kent"]Let''s be honest here, Alex Neil isn''t an idiot.

He will have a plan if those injuries do occur, maybe he knows someone in the squad can cover if needs be. Maybe he knows one of our youth players could step up.

The fact he didn''t sign that central defender and let Turner out on loan, suggests he has a plan. Maybe it''s Wisdom at central defence as suggested. Yes, he is playing at right back for one game but that''s all.

At the moment we don''t have an injury problem so why are we invented them? Elliott Bennett can also play at right back if needed. I would agree that this defence is stronger than we have had in the past. We just need to score enough and we''ll be fine.[/quote]

That''s the big question, will we score enough? Our strikers have yet to find the net and our second best goal scorer from last season has gone.....we average 2 goals per game against us this year, so we need to be scoring 2 on average.

I''m not sure we have enough quality up top to get that, given the amount of chances we created in the first three games they should have put at least 1 chance away.

Im not inventing any injuries, im creating a scenario that will happen at some point before January. It will be a miricle if we go from now till then with everyone fit or eligble to start. 3 center backs are not enough and i would imagine that Neil allowed Turner to leave on the understanding another was coming in. Why that didnt happen is anyones guess