Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Marcus Bent

... has been a very naughty boy........."Former Premier League and England Under 21 striker Marcus Bent has been charged with affray and possession of a Class A drug.

Surrey

Police confirmed that they were forced to use a Taser at a home in

Esher on Sunday after officers were threatened with weapons at around

9.30pm.

Bent

— who played for Ipswich, Everton and Birmingham City amongst several

other clubs — is currently on bail and is due to appear at North Surrey

Magistrates Court at the end of September."

More here

Whatever happens to these numpties who play for them down the A140?  Chopra, now Bent.  Something in the water?  I mean I know it''s a slum but..................[:^)]

[quote user="OldRobert"]Whatever happens to these numpties who play for them down the A140?  Chopra, now Bent.  Something in the water?  I mean I know it''s a slum but..................[:^)][/quote]Not forgetting of course Paul Taylor who was already a bad boy for being a drug cheat when they took him on from Peterborough who went on to slap a bouncer outside a night club in Scumville if i remember correctly.All part of their glorious history. [;)]

And we can''t forget Ched Evans and Peter Mendham............... oh hang on a minute they played for us and not the binners. Actually can we forget about them?

Mendham was very much a different case to be honest. Doesn''t make it right but its not quite the same as drug dealing or becoming a convicted sex offender.

[quote user="chicken"]Mendham was very much a different case to be honest. Doesn''t make it right but its not quite the same as drug dealing or becoming a convicted sex offender.[/quote]They''re all different cases Chicken. And I''m not really sure that attempted murder is any better or worse than rape or drug dealing, though that''s not the point I was trying to make. If you look hard enough at any football club there are going to be ex-offenders that play for them. Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick, Graham Rix, Craig Thompson, Glen Johnson, even greats like Rene Higuita, Diego Maradona and Eric Cantona have criminal records for things like kidnapping, assault, sex offences, causing death by dangerous driving and theft. What I was trying to point out though is that City have ex-players that have criminal records, it''s not something to be particularly proud of and I''m sure that a majority of the binner''s fans feel the same.

All true, but you are missing a key point... This is a Norwich city forum whereby Ipswich shall be treated like the scum they are and we can forgetting about the likes of mendham and ched Evans :-P

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]All true, but you are missing a key point... This is a Norwich city forum whereby Ipswich shall be treated like the scum they are and we can forgetting about the likes of mendham and ched Evans :-P[/quote]All I''m saying is glass houses. ;)

I think it is you that is actually missing the point here, IBT. We know that all clubs have their black sheep. Former players breaking the law. But with the binners they are not former players, or even one or two, either. They were part of the club. Taylor, N''daw, Bramble, Chopra and even a youth team coach. They were also trying to sign Coppinger who along with Chopra was involved in race fixing. And the major match fixing game which saw Sheff Weds players convicted was against, yep you guessed..... the binners ! Scum by name and scum by nature.