Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

What's you second sport?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Did it whilst in the Navy, it was great overseas but then whilst in Plymouth I went diving out to see HMS Eagle that was being  decommissioned and empty out in the harbour, worsted experience ever - water freezing cold and water so mucky I couldn''t even see my hand in front of me! It put me off for life !  (Good luck up in Scapa Flow     )[/quote]

We were spoilt. Did our licenses in the Red Sea. My 5th dive was on the 3rd best reef in the world (Jackson Reef). That''s the problem with diving here (and the reason I don''t do it). Can live with the cold, but being cold for 5metre visibility isn''t worth it. Visibility up by Scotland is better than the channel, but still not great, the seals and Scapa Flow are about the only things that interest me about British diving. Once I''ve done them, I won''t bother with anymore cold water diving (although in Alaska, and Norway, there are places to dive/snorkel with killer whales so I will make an exception to the no cold water diving rule for that!) .... We tend to schedule holidays around dive sites and just dive on hol. Looking to get back to Egypt as soon as security situation settles down. We weren''t able to do Pyramids, Valley of Kings or Petra in Jordan because we went when all the riots kicked off, so hopefully can do those, plus some epic diving (Red Sea is truly incredible) at some point in next few years.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Also, why do people like Formula 1? I''d rather sand my own testicles than watch that nonsense.[/quote]
I agree, but I also feel the same way about Cricket. Both are tedious and dull.

Roller derby.

Probably my first sport over football lately. Mostly because I play and send most of my spare time on it.

Ice Hockey.

Have seen games all over the world. New York Rangers, Bufalo Sabres, Frolunda Indians, Slavia Prague, Slovan Bratislava and all the top UK teams.

Can''t beat it for speed, intensity and skill.

The relationship between the players and fans is also brilliant (Bratislava being the best).

Watched Sheffield v Frolunda last weekend. A privilege to watch one of Europe''s finest teams playing in the UK

Anything with a round ball. Mishapen balls are for sportsmen lacking in skill, who have to rely on muscle and speed.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]For participation, has to be horizontal jogging for me.

From a spectator perspective American football, but still don''t fully understand it.[/quote]
Took me about 3 years to understand all the rules, Just when I thought I had it down, some rare situation would happen, invoking a rule I''d never heard of and I''d have to go back to google lol. Still haven''t got much of a clue on what the different coverages and formations are though (I have a basic grasp but when they start talking nuances, as the American commentators love to do, I get lost pretty damn quickly). I''ve been watching for about 6 or 7 years now!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I will try a list of sports in order of my passion/interest/non-contempt:

1 Cricket

2 Football

3 WWE (YES IT IS)

4 Rugby League

5 Rugby Union

6 Darts

18 Formula 1[/quote]

I hear you about the cricket, such a relaxing and stress free past time. But wrestling at 3? I don''t get how a man can adore cricket and football and add wrestling so close.

Rugby Union, which I consider to be the best team sport in the World.

The technical nuances that have to be taken into consideration, under pressure and at speed, the apres game, the different physical aspects that have to be adhered to, the apres game, despite what Paradox said, to try and work with the rugby ball is a skill in itself, the apres game, the fact that the sum of the parts have to be worked together to get the best out of the team, the apres game, the humility of the players, the apres game, the respect given in all aspects, and not forgetting the apres game.

On a bit of a tangent, I have have massive respect for a sport where it offers the honest physical and mental challenges to an athlete. Things like Boxing, Rowing, Cycling for example. I have no interest in calling (pastimes) like Fishing, sport, and have never been enthralled with WWE for its contrived aspects

F1, International Rugby Union, Cricket, Amercian Football, Basketball, Sumo 

Horse racing, go to Newmarket and Yarmouth as often as we can followed by the British touring cars that we go to around 4-5 meetings a year.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]For participation, has to be horizontal jogging for me.

From a spectator perspective American football, but still don''t fully understand it.[/quote]

This horizontal jogging, is it a team sport or do you do it on your own ?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]For participation, has to be horizontal jogging for me.

Took me about 3 years to understand all the rules, Just when I thought I had it down, some rare situation would happen, invoking a rule I''d never heard of and I''d have to go back to google lol. Still haven''t got much of a clue on what the different coverages and formations are though (I have a basic grasp but when they start talking nuances, as the American commentators love to do, I get lost pretty damn quickly). I''ve been watching for about 6 or 7 years now!
[/quote]

Thought you were talking about horizontal jogging then and making a joke about marriage, was looking for the punch line!

Playing - Golf (handicap 13)Watching - Golf, Horse Racing (prefer jump racing), Cycling (big fan of the Tour De France)Don''t like/watch - NFL, Rugby (either sort), tennis, bowls, darts, gymnastics, athletics etc (i.e the majority of things that the BBC are left with)

I enjoy weighlifting in my spare time and go each day and occasionally I run as well if you consider either of those sports. I would rather go out and do these obstacle courses than sit in and watch any other sport. I work in football and watch plenty of it and i cant say I have a huge desire to watch anything else. I will watch cricket in the summer months as it is a good way to fill a sunny day (if they exist) and there are some good drinking games to be played!

Coach Kemp wrote; there are some good drinking games to be played!

In my earlier life used to love Fizz Buzz, but when they started reversing, used to lose all sense of numeric skills, suffered brain freeze frequently then my tongue would get too big for my mouth and couldn''t get a word out ! god these were great times...........

Golf (handicap up to 13), Cricket (very involved with one of Norfolk''s premier clubs), Horse Racing (visited every flat and jumps course in England, Wales and Scotland) and speedway (King''s Lynn Stars - poor season).

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

I hear you about the cricket, such a relaxing and stress free past time. But wrestling at 3? I don''t get how a man can adore cricket and football and add wrestling so close.[/quote]

Well, if you don''t see the appeal of handsome and muscular men tossing each other around a ring then I won''t even try to explain it.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Well, if you don''t see the appeal of handsome and muscular men tossing each other around a ring then I won''t even try to explain it.[/quote][:D]