Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Sam Byram

Reports are that we''ve got scouts looking at Sam Byram from our feeder club, Swansea also interested in getting him in January.

Would this be a good signing?

(imo yes it would, always wanted to break up that Whitts/Martin partnership)

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Reports are that we''ve got scouts looking at Sam Byram from our feeder club, Swansea also interested in getting him in January.

Would this be a good signing?

(imo yes it would, always wanted to break up that Whitts/Martin partnership)[/quote]

"always wanted to break up that Whitts/Martin partnership" ........ shouldn''t that read........."always wanted to break up that successful Whitts/Martin partnership" [:^)]

Wes Hooly Fan wrote the following post at 15/09/2015 5:20 PM:

Ah, your daily bashing of Russell Marti. Zzzzz zzzzzz

-------------------

And the biggest (unt goes to....wes hooly fan. Good job.

hardly posted on here recently but ok.

perhaps you''re american, they seem more shocked at this type of language?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFf2Hvxwjo

Anyway, I thought this thread might have more legs in it obviously not.

I still remember the dark days very vividly. Martin is miles ahead of the likes of Stefanovic and Kennedy yet somehow he''s derided as a scapegoat on here! Absolutely baffling!

Russel Masrtin is the most intelligent CB I''ve seen play for us and he play''s his heart out every game...I''ll never, ever understand the criticism directed towards him

Anyway, I live near Leeds, no thanks to Byram, he was quality as a teenager but hasn''t improved at all since then. He''s a decent Championship player but isn''t good enough to challenge for a place in our defence. He''s not as good going forwards as Whittaker and is awful defensively. No thanks

Haven''t seen enough to take a view on Byram, it probably is about time we signed another Leeds player though.

As for RM, I have no doubt about his commitment to City on and off the pitch. My concern about him and Basso as a CB pairing is that they were exposed in the Championship on occasion last year and we have seen defensive lapses already against the moderate Prem opposition we''ve faced so far, we will be facing better strikers in future games - starting Sunday. So it''s a concern. Looking back, when the Basso/Turner partnership was working well in Hughton''s 1st season, we were more solid at the back. We''re now going with what we''ve got until at least Christmas so we just have to see how they manage and, in my case, cross my fingers.

Regardless of who our CBs are, we''re going to have some games this season when we''re under the cosh, people have to be prepared for it.

Byram would be a very good signing in my opinion, Leeds supporting friends of mine are convinced he is the real deal and that he is destined for bigger things than they can offer him at the minute.The only problem may be the likely fee, when Liverpool we linked a couple of years ago the fee was suggested to be £8m-£10m, I dread to think what the current inflation would have pushed that number too.

If he''s available for £4-5m then I would snap him up, looking at the current market you can''t buy a half decent league 1 player for that.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He wouldn''t be that much I don''t think as i think he''s on his last year (might be wrong on that). £4-5m imo.[/quote]

You are right, his contract ends next summer (2016). If we want him then January may be the time to sign him.

I would also like us have ago again at signing Afobe and a centre back during the January 2016 transfer window.