Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Predictions for Sunday

2-0 is Lawro''s default prediction when a bigger team is at home to a small team. On average it''s a sensible prediction - that''s why the bigger teams end higher up the table. Most neutrals would agree.

Interesting thing for us is whether we can take advantage of Liverpool''s difficulties, and how AN gets on with his first game against a big Prem team. I''d say we have a better chance than the last couple of times we went there !

I think Benteke will fancy his chances against our defense, so the key will be if we are able to cut off the supply to him, and certainly not give away too many set pieces in the final third - I think AN will have us pressing them well and hopefully Benteke will be left frustrated. On the counter I''d expect us to have a few chances too, so I would stick my neck out and go for a one goal win for us but our recent inability to keep a clean sheet could do for us - I''m going for 1-1.

Much as I''d like us to come away with a point - I think fear we may be on the end of another 3 or 4 goal defeat - bit like Southampton away all over again - hope I''m proved wrong but got a horrible feeling about this one. Rumors are that Sturridge and Henderson may be back on Sunday too.

I can''t see us keeping a clean sheet unfortunately so I would think 2-0 or 3-1 to Liverpool. I hope to be proved wrong

I''m sadly on a 4-1 loss.

A Martin howler gifting them the first, then a dubious penalty, Coutinho long range freekick (from a needless Martin freekick giveaway) with Ruddy reacting very slowly (usually does from range), Mbokani to reduce, and Pool to get a late one to complete the rout.

Hope I''m wrong

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I kept thinking your picture was Obi Wan Kenobi, until I released it was Jeremy Corbyn[/quote]

Embedded image permalink

I can''t see us winning as it''s very uncommon that Liverpool lose three in a row, or two home games in a row. So I think 1-1 is about right.

I can see City having a good game with decent spells of pressure and will score, probably Howson but ultimately will concede a couple of sloppy goals to set pieces. Narrow 2-1 loss.

Good man! I''m tempted to do the same. Purely because now you''ve done it, I know how gutted I''ll be if it comes in!

The whole build up for this game has been about how Liverpool have to win. Rodgers is facing a crowd revolt, Sturridge is back, so is Coutinho. Lovren has been dropped.

I just can''t see us being able to cope with Benteke, Sturridge and Coutinho.

A few of us got this right - myself, Lessingham Canary, Platonic, Salopian and Mrs Miggins.A good point, but we rode our luck quite a bit.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]So out of 60 or so predictions, only about 4 of us are approaching this game with the AN/Messiah mindset of expecting to win the next game while the rest of you are Chris Houghton.[/quote]Realism trumps wishful thinking.[Y]