Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

A wizards challange to the board!.

Deny the club is virtually skint!.

It''s my belief that some of you so called directors of NCFC, ''lurk'' on these boards, so come out and deny that Norwich are in a financial mess.

IMO, you''ve managed to get City into real dire straits.

Yes, that is a challenge.

One I fear won''t get an answer...

wiz post that over at my palce too... I know that they read there too... or people do from the club.........

[quote]Deny the club is virtually skint!. It''s my belief that some of you so called directors of NCFC, ''lurk'' on these boards, so come out and deny that Norwich are in a financial mess. IMO, you''ve managed...[/quote]

If you think Delia et al bother going on here to read the drivel that is written by the likes of you, you are one strange person.

The club have already stated they are O.K. Wiz, "financially sound" I think is the term used, so they have already answered your question before you ask it.

I worry about you, relax and stop fretting so much, think of your health mate. Let Worthy and Co do the worrying, that''s what they are paid for.

I take it you''ve only been a City supporter since the promotion season Wiz?

You''re constantly banging on about Worthy, Green, the board and now our finances. NCFC is in the best shape it''s been in since we were in Europe on and off the pitch.

[quote]I take it you''ve only been a City supporter since the promotion season Wiz? You''re constantly banging on about Worthy, Green, the board and now our finances. NCFC is in the best shape it''s been in si...[/quote]

exactly

[quote]I take it you''ve only been a City supporter since the promotion season Wiz? You''re constantly banging on about Worthy, Green, the board and now our finances. NCFC is in the best shape it''s been in si...[/quote]

Sorry Beds, us supporters from 1957, keep forgetting the rules, you all seem to go by!.

One thing we have is a prudent board who are keen to ensure the long term future of the club through debt reduction and living within our means. One thing we don''t have is a big enough squad. The manager and board will know the financial and playing situations and will be looking to balance the two. I trust them and am only prepared to judge them come the 6th August. Ideally we would all love to see the squad in place for the start of the preseason but given the top down finances of football it tends to be that the transfer market only gets going in the last few weeks before the season starts when the first large blocks of cash start shifting up top. I''m sure this time next week the picture will be clearer and we will be in a better position to judge.

The simple fact is we are financially sound, a situation we would not have been in had we followed the "all on red" approach suggested by some on here last summer.

I am sure it was Wizard that was adament that the board had loads of money to spend on one big name signing towards the end of last season and he was so angry that they weren''t gambling to keep us in the prem.   Now the same man is saying we are skint?   Like someone before me, what would you be saying now if they had spent that £3M and we had still come down, thank God they don''t listen to you.

Split personality or what?  Its getting boring Wiz.

If you don''t all stop being jolly beastly to me, Captain Jack Sparrow will return.

In any case, he''s more like the real Dave J.S, calm, sensible, moderate and modest with it.

To be honest 1st wizard is an experiment, designed to invoke a reaction (which you prove to be right, time and time again!) but surely you knew that already, didn''t you?.

He asks questions you wouldn''t dare ask, but I''m so far removed from wiz, you''d never believe it!.

Split personality?, hmm?, who knows?.  

But despite my repeated attemps to ''kill him off'', its you, the posters, who keep asking me to bring him back!.

I''m at a lost what to do, I really am. 

[quote]If you don''t all stop being jolly beastly to me, Captain Jack Sparrow will return. In any case, he''s more like the real Dave J.S, calm, sensible, moderate and modest with it. To be honest 1st wizard...[/quote]

Mr. Jervis please ,please, stop asking questions that we already know the answers to .I love threads that provoke people into thinking "that little bit deeper" because we get replies that are both interesting and entertaining,which is surely what this board is all about.But threads put on for no apparent reason other than to "wind up" ,or to get argumentative replies from your usual "enemies"(we all know who they are) seem to  serve little or no use,so whichever name you are going to use in the future,it matters little because the number of posts you have is a bit of a giveaway,please....a little more thought ,as my old mum said "if in doubt....say nowt!" 

[quote]Mr. Jervis please ,please, stop asking questions that we already know the answers to .I love threads that provoke people into thinking "that little bit deeper" because we get replies that are both int...[/quote]

The trouble is No Legs, there are problems at City, and its for you to decide if I''m right or wrong!.

[quote]The trouble is No Legs, there are problems at City, and its for you to decide if I''m right or wrong!.[/quote]

With a club of our size and resources there will always be problems,I just think you are blowing them out of proportion,as you have said on many occasions you don''t trust the board ,and you faith in Worthy is somewhat dubious,my question is who do you trust with the future of the club??If there is an alternative in your opinion I would love to hear it.

[quote]With a club of our size and resources there will always be problems,I just think you are blowing them out of proportion,as you have said on many occasions you don''t trust the board ,and you faith in W...[/quote]

All joking aside No Legs, compared to the Chase era, our board are quite open, although I do feel it would have been better to admit that Worthy hasn''t a big budget.

As for Nigel Worthington, hmm?, the jury''s out at the moment I''m afraid with me. Sometimes he get''s it bang on for a while, then he''ll go and do some silly bad call with substitutions which badly affect the result (Blackburn last season)

But surely you''ll admit that it would be best to work with new players NOW, and not mere days before the big kick off, and like other poster''s on here, that''s my main concern at the moment.

Other than that, come on you yellows.

PS. I thought you deserved an honest answer, and as you may or may not know, wizards don''t always tell the whole story!.

[quote]All joking aside No Legs, compared to the Chase era, our board are quite open, although I do feel it would have been better to admit that Worthy hasn''t a big budget. As for Nigel Worthington, hmm?, t...[/quote]

I''m not sure the board should tell anyone what our budget is,as for Worthy making mistakes..show me someone who hasn''t made a mistake and I''ll show you someone who has done nothing.

Overall I can''t think of a better board to run this club and as for a manager ,the only person who officially doesn''t make mistakes is busy....currently running the Vatican.

so "1st Wizard asks questions you wouldn''t dare ask" ?

Does his ego know no bounds?

and I''m sure if any of the board do ''lurk'' on these boards they filter out your repititious diatribes.

I''m not sure playing the part of devil''s advocate makes this board more interesting. Most of the answers to Wiz''s posts seem to merely be telling him to shut it.

Frankly I think this is becoming rather tedious.

Did I just say becoming...???

[quote]All joking aside No Legs, compared to the Chase era, our board are quite open, although I do feel it would have been better to admit that Worthy hasn''t a big budget. As for Nigel Worthington, hmm?, t...[/quote]

mainly this point - "although I do feel it would have been better to admit that Worthy hasn''t a big budget"

I don''t understand this point, because I thought it was obvious that he didn''t have a big budget.  The board have said that anything he recoups from sales will be his to spend, which implied that was that.

I think the only way, wiz/capt would be happy is if he had a personal line into the club so he could get the latest most accurate information.   He seems to demonstrate an inability to understand how business works.   This is not a slight on his character as in his day and age honesty was the order of the day and that is an admirable trait.   However, today it''s all smoke screens and behind the scenes work which drive poor wizard so mad that he forgets who he is sometimes.

Most accept that anyone in business, especially when in the market for new assests, is not going to shout about the money they have to spend as this will drive prices up. 

[quote]mainly this point - "although I do feel it would have been better to admit that Worthy hasn''t a big budget" I don''t understand this point, because I thought it was obvious that he didn''t have a big b...[/quote]

Stevenage Fan: On this thread, Barclay in Chile referred to the 1st wizard as rather tedious. It''s a view I tend to agree with!.

Everything you said about modern buisiness traits, I agree with, I don''t like it, but I do agree with you.

But, and this may surprise you and others, I believe Worthy will get it right in time, but do we have that time, and are we prepared to wait?.

If at the end of this coming season, we don''t get promoted, and we are forced to let Ashton and Green go, trust me, the natives will get bloody restless!.

But that''s another story, yo ho ho.