Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Match Thread - Liverpool

Great hard-earned point from the boys.We need to make certain we give the manager every opportunity to bring a couple of quality players in in January. Alex Neil has all the right credentials to turn City into a top half side a la Swansea IMHO.

Some bellend has just had their text read out on Cabbage Call to say "Whittaker appalling yet again." If you can''t enjoy football then go and find another hobby.

[quote user="Buh"]Great point today and strawman is gutted

Excellent day![/quote]No, not gutted at all - Liverpool will improve as the season goes on, but at this stage they''re there for the taking and I''m quite disappointed we didn''t take all 3 points. Does saying Liverpool will improve make me a supporter of them too?

I thought we were well worth a point.

Good to see Ruddy back to his best.

Brady looks like a proper player.

Jonny Howson had a good game - had his tackling boots on today.

We looked neat and tidy most of the time; we did make the usual mistakes but got away with them today.

Best of all, we didn''t panic. We went behind and showed great composure. I liked the fact we always had an outlet, especially after Grabban came on because he allows defenders to hit the ball into space.

On that score, if the rumour I have heard regarding Grabban is true then I can understand how the club dealt with it. But it is just a rumour and it is worth considering there is more to it than Grabban sulking about being a sub.

I bet AN would have preferred to start with Grabban today because he keeps the defence so occupied and thus stops them pressing forward in numbers while CJ is more static and as a better finisher more useful to come on later or play as a two.

Great point.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I thought we were well worth a point.

Good to see Ruddy back to his best.

Brady looks like a proper player.

Jonny Howson had a good game - had his tackling boots on today.

We looked neat and tidy most of the time; we did make the usual mistakes but got away with them today.

Best of all, we didn''t panic. We went behind and showed great composure. I liked the fact we always had an outlet, especially after Grabban came on because he allows defenders to hit the ball into space.

On that score, if the rumour I have heard regarding Grabban is true then I can understand how the club dealt with it. But it is just a rumour and it is worth considering there is more to it than Grabban sulking about being a sub.

I bet AN would have preferred to start with Grabban today because he keeps the defence so occupied and thus stops them pressing forward in numbers while CJ is more static and as a better finisher more useful to come on later or play as a two.

Great point.[/quote]Might be a good idea if you stick to politics [;)][:D]

I think Jonny howson was man of the match personally and I can''t wait for him to score so strawman goes into hiding in outer Mongolia.

Howson and Dorrans were outstanding IMHO. On a couple of occasions their passing was exceptional and got us out of difficult situations.

A good solid performance, one in which we never looked outclassed for huge periods either.

[quote user="93vintage"]I thought Russell Martin did well considering the stork paid him a visit this morning.[/quote]

We had a ten-minute wobble but other than that we were outstanding as a unit. They may have individual better players but we can match them as a team, that''s the level we are at.

Actually Liverpool were lucky. Had we put in our best performance of the season here, we would have beaten them off the park. As it is, a very well earned point.

Solid performance, if someone told me Liverpool would score first and we would still go on to get something out of it Id bite your hand off for it!

Battling and stead fast, enjoyed that... It''s what you have to do to stay in this league.

[quote user="gitto"]Mbokani, Hooper and Lafferty should all be before Grabban.[/quote]

Not much to choose between 3 of them but hooper should be last

A good point, City far from their best but certainly not as poor as the Southampton game. Defence still gives me kittens though. Fair dues to Russ Martin, hope he gets a good sleep after his busy and joyful weekend. Liverpool once again were disapointing by their standards, so without doubt City fans will be more happy with 1 point than Pool fans. West Ham next, and dont they look good right now >.>..still, lets enjoy this result today,