Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Match Thread - Liverpool

My view is that we should be playing to our strengths and our biggest strength is Hoolahan and his possession and creativity. Playing as we are at the moment we will lose as we gift possession regularly.

[quote user="Buh"]But would we be doing as well without the extra metal in midfield dorrans adds?

It''s easy to say "hoolahan" and not come up with a solution.

I think we''re playing alright.[/quote]Howson, isn''t adding much thus far though is he.Hooly for Howson HT please.

Um, no.

Good start from this team. Solid half against a team that can hurt you if you are complacent.

[quote user="paul moy"]My view is that we should be playing to our strengths and our biggest strength is Hoolahan and his possession and creativity. Playing as we are at the moment we will lose as we gift possession regularly.[/quote]This ^ [Y]

Weirdly frustrating 45 minutes that- we''ve got pushed further and further back as time goes on but our attack haven''t helped themselves with their decision making. Why Jarvis didn''t put an early cross in when he had the defence facing their own goal I don''t know, especially as Jerome looked well positioned.

I''d be tempted to take either Dorrans or Redmond off for Wes. In this sort of game we need to hit on the counter and I feel Dorrans likes to slow the play down too much at times. Don''t think it will be long until we see Mbokani too. Would like to have seen Jerome doing a bit more pressing up top.

[quote user="Buh"]Um, no.

Good start from this team. Solid half against a team that can hurt you if you are complacent.[/quote]Is that a reply to my post? It''d be a good idea if you used the ''quote'' facility if so.

Although we''ve been really poor and giving them far too much space, I think Dorrans has looked brave on the ball. Also, what a bunch of divers are liverpool eh?

Lucky to be 0-0

Would like to see us break with a bit more pace and urgency in the second half.

We''ve knocked it round nicely at times but never really attacked with much conviction. We''ve also passed ourselves into a bit of trouble more than once and I think we''re lucky to be level. Not a bad performance by any means though.

Dorrans had done well, Howson a little anonymous and Jerome hasn''t looked threatening.

I wonder if we''ll see Mbokani and Hoolahan at some point.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Although we''ve been really poor and giving them far too much space, I think Dorrans has looked brave on the ball. Also, what a bunch of divers are liverpool eh?

Lucky to be 0-0[/quote]We haven''t looked poor, but we do need to change things pretty swiftly or else they will punish us - Hooly on for the ineffective Howson asap.

I wouldn''t say that Liverpool look dangerous, more that we look fragile. Giving the ball away a bit too much for my liking, Hoolahan may well be a big difference maker in the second half if he comes in. Dorrans looking pretty good, Howson fairly quiet. Would expect up to be bossing the midfield with 5 across the middle but in truth our passing has been poor.The only positive is that we''ve seen some excellent last ditch defending at the back to go in level at the break!

I don''t think we''ve been poor, we were always going to be under the cosh a bit in this game. We do need to offer more going forward though. Been impressed by Brady''s willingness to get forward so far.

Some of our fans have caught the "premier league fever"

This is the game the heads have gone in "watching on the radio-land"

Managers plan is working so far, come on city!

[quote user="Buh"]Some of our fans have caught the "premier league fever"

This is the game the heads have gone in "watching on the radio-land"

Managers plan is working so far, come on city![/quote]Yes. That lasted a long time didn''t it [:@]

Tw@t.