Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Match Thread - Liverpool

That seems extremely harsh on Wes. I can see wanting to be a bit more solid in the middle but I thought if anyone would drop out for Dorrans it would be Redmond.

Wondered if he''d drop wes for stability.

Wes loses out every time against these big teams it''s really harsh.

Hope he comes on and changes the game

Hoolahan is exactly the player we needed playing today to strike fear into the Liverpool back four. Most assists, and POTS so far. I hope this doesn''t backfire on us. OTBC

Surprised he has dropped was, AN hasn''t done much wrong since he has been here tho so have to hope he has got this right

Seems a sensible selection - possibly a little harsh on Wes but would equally have been on Howson if he''d made way; he has more legs than Wes and adds more steel.

Not surprised, but definitely seems harsh, that Wes doesn''t start. Been in great form so far this season and proved he''s not a ''luxury player''.

Wes is obviously dropped due to playing 2 wingers. Wes would make us even more open. As much as I like Wes, it may seem sensible. Jarvis and Redmond bodes for a counterattacking setup.

Dislike Howson licence to play every game, though..

Going for a more robust midfield is one thing but the worry would be leaving Jerome too isolated. Hopefully Whits and Brady will be as attacking as last week to give that support needed to the attack. Playing too conservatively won''t work.

Bit of a shock line up but AN has earned the right to pick whatever side he wants without question by this point. It wouldn''t surprise me at all if he''s identified some sort of subtle weakness in Liverpool and that''s what this line up is designed to exploit. Still confident of at least a draw today

Regardless of Hoolahans omission and fielding the same line up as against Bournemouth, which I disagree with, I''ve had a good feeling about this fixture since the last game -- we''ll win 3-1.

Dorrens adds a little more steel and does create

happy to see Brady/Jarvis

lets see what we can do with one of the big spenders nothing to lose today

Milner should be off.

Ref has bottled it again

Playing in a league of amateur refs

[quote user="Al Harrington"]How''s it going ricardo? Looks like not much from either team..?[/quote]need to keep it tight.Starting to have a bit more passing success now.

[quote user="ricardo"]Very little from us first quarter.[/quote] Au contraire - we''re doing okay, just lacking invention in the final third.Hoolahan? [:|]

But would we be doing as well without the extra metal in midfield dorrans adds?

It''s easy to say "hoolahan" and not come up with a solution.

I think we''re playing alright.